User Tag List

Thread: Damaged Tyre

Default Damaged Tyre

I've clipped something and taken out a chunk of rubber from my 2000km old Goodyear front left .. is it a genuine concern or just a cosmetic annoyance?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130101_161130.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	13400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	542212_4769833078968_72032824_n.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	13401
    Thanks and happy new year to all, hopefully our MPS' behave because mine was being a cock late 2012 (rust spots have seriously just materialised overnight).

/apologies for the fail uploads, dunno why it did that and it won't let me edit :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130101_161124.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	13399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130101_161530.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	13402  
    BNR S1 - Cobb SRI (boxed) - CS TIP - CP-e DP - Turbosmart BOV - JBR Mounts
    '06 3 MPS.

Id replace that tyre, as far as I know any damage to the sidewall = replacement.

Default Damaged Tyre

Correct - and that rust should be covered by warranty. I'd look closely for it appearing anywhere else - may as well get as many panels painted out of it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Correct - and that rust should be covered by warranty. I'd look closely for it appearing anywhere else - may as well get as many panels painted out of it as possible.
    Not necessarily. Where are these rust spots exactly?

That tyre looks smoked. Agree with Jmac that repacement is needed if damage is on the sidewall. That looked like a massive hit at speed

Default Damaged Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Not necessarily. Where are these rust spots exactly?
    Yah sorry - in my hung state I read that the car was a 'late 2012.'

FWIW, my car was showing similar rust spots - no rust, just bubbling paint in tiny spider shapes. Do some searching in the net - paint quality and spot rust is a big known issue with these cars.

"Do some searching in the net - paint quality and spot rust is a big known issue with these cars."

Yeah, was well aware of that just pointing out what a fantastic run of form I've had with the car (it's on the roof, abutting the 'top-left' of the windscreen). Anyway lads, thanks for the reply I was mainly concerned about the tyre and luckily I got some extra warranty at time of purchase that should have me covered.

And I have NFI how or when I did it, I remember mounting a 100mm high concrete kerb to park and that was at <5 km/hr.
    BNR S1 - Cobb SRI (boxed) - CS TIP - CP-e DP - Turbosmart BOV - JBR Mounts
    '06 3 MPS.

Default Damaged Tyre

Righto, cobber