User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BK MPS 3 Suspension Issue/Upgrade

1. Default BK MPS 3 Suspension Issue/Upgrade

So I am getting a knock from the front end when going over those stupid little rubber speed bumps in my complex.

I think it sounds like drop links or SwayBar bushes but I could be wrong. Has anyone got an idea on what this could be without it having to go to garage?

If its sway bar bushes do you think I should just replace or do a full sway bar upgrade.?

Could just be the end links moving around, or the front sway bar fouling on the chassis (common issue), a new bar is a bugger to install due to the location, the front sub-frame needs to be dropped in order to fit new bar.

Replace sway bar rubbers first.
    They are the cheapest thing to try.$40 or so from Mazda.
    Cured mine, after trying the expensive things first, end links and shocks

Yeh I get this pesky noise also.

I think its an ongoing problem as my service records show previous owner requesting the noise be investigated a number of times, and the dealer response was to tighten the end links.

I doubt it's a safety issue, just an annoying noise that makes your car sound cheap.

Be keen to see a solution though.

It's sway bar rubbers.
    Dealer told me to tighten end links, didn't work.
    Dealer said replace end links, didn't work.
    Dealer said its shocks, replaced them, didn't work
    I tried sway bar bushes, dealer said he didn't know, but worth a try. It worked.

That was asking opinion of 2 different dealers

6. Default

Wondering where i can buy a Polyflex bush replacement kit?

@EddieMPS - i'm all ears when you figure it out!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Replace sway bar rubbers first.
    They are the cheapest thing to try.$40 or so from Mazda.
    Cured mine, after trying the expensive things first, end links and shocks
    I have a feeling you could be right I have tighten all my end links and changed my shocks and the knocking is still there. Now my front are starting to knock. Is 40$ for front and back bushes?

$40 was just the fronts from local stealership.
    About half hour to install them, pretty easy if you have flexible hands. Really easy if you can be bothered lowering the sub frame a bit (which I didn't bother)
    Tricky part is working out which direction to come in onto the nuts.
    There isn't much space up there.

In my searching, I found nolathane make a rubber aswell, but you need universal brackets to fit them

11. Default

Have any of you guys also had a bell like noise come front the front suspension on bumps? I was thinking it may be a bush related problem aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    Have any of you guys also had a bell like noise come front the front suspension on bumps? I was thinking it may be a bush related problem aswell.
    I get that bell like noise occasionally. Also when going over bumps. But I'm not running stock suspension.

13. Default

yeh this appeared while i was on stock suspension and even with new FSD shocks. i thought it may have been the brake pads worn out but i still have 70% or so. ITS driving me crazy..

I have heard instances of sway bar hitting k-frame. Inspect for signs of contact?

I've got the same issue too! Haven't tried anything to recitfy but if you reckons its sway bar rubbers then I need to get on it!

Me too effen annoying.
    I was told control arms from dealer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's one of those unknowns. Typical dealer response is to replace and re-test. The guy who did my RWC reckoned it was strut top bushes but I disagree.

One method of elimination is to disconnect the sway bar links (end links) and go for a drive. If no change in noise - it is most likely your sway bar bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    I think it's one of those unknowns. Typical dealer response is to replace and re-test. The guy who did my RWC reckoned it was strut top bushes but I disagree.

One method of elimination is to disconnect the sway bar links (end links) and go for a drive. If no change in noise - it is most likely your sway bar bushes.
    I think you mean if the noise is no longer apparent then its the sway bar bushes

19. Default

Well I am thinking I might just piss a bit more money up the wall at the car.

Best place to buy front and rear Swaybar packages?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMPS View Post
    Well I am thinking I might just piss a bit more money up the wall at the car.

Best place to buy front and rear Swaybar packages?
    Depends where you live.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast