User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Koni's vs Bilstein's

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Have a good search of MSF USA a couple of good threads ,re KONI FSD inc installation,and Bilstein B6 & B8,s

You can use KoniFSD and Eibach pro sport springs (lowers approx 0.7mm front and 0.6 rears) . Koni FSD only with std springs will raise front approx 0.60mm due to longer piston travel, rears stay the same height .
    or Bilstein B6 with std springs ,
    I assume you mean to show these measurements in cm or even inches? Not sure how you could even measure 10ths of a mm drop...

Iv had both on the mps.. Bilstein is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Iv had both on the mps.. Bilstein is the way to go
    reasons?

There everyway better than Konis.. After running the B8's wont have anything else, as soon as i buy a car its the first thing i will be doing
    B8's and lowering springs

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ts-red-15.html

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    There everyway better than Konis.. After running the B8's wont have anything else, as soon as i buy a car its the first thing i will be doing
    B8's and lowering springs

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ts-red-15.html
    I do agree too and after reading alot of information about the Bilstein B8s I do wish I put them on instead

But I would go as far as saying the Konis are rubbish. They have fully transformed my car and the way it handles

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Is there somewhere that states all the lowering springs for the MPS and the height they drop the car by? I want to find out which springs lower the car the most...

Enjoy**SUSPENSION GUIDE** Mazdaspeed3 MS3 (What's available, specs, user impressions)MAZDA 3 - Suspension Buyers Guide - OZMAZDA.com - Australian Mazda Owners Car Club/Forum

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Is there somewhere that states all the lowering springs for the MPS and the height they drop the car by? I want to find out which springs lower the car the most...
    Check links
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    I assume you mean to show these measurements in cm or even inches? Not sure how you could even measure 10ths of a mm drop...
    Thanks ,edited post now.Figures stated from Koni site.

Liking this thread....... very informative

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    When I got mine, that's what the general opinion was, including those of Koni. Didn't bother me as I wanted to retain stock height.
    That opinion seems to have changed since.
    However, knowing how they work, I don't think you would get 100% of their benefit
    Interestingly, from the link that Luke posted above to Mazda 3 Forums (Reply # 2 under Koni FSD - **SUSPENSION GUIDE** Mazdaspeed3 MS3 (What's available, specs, user impressions) ):

Koni site says: "FSD kit must be used with stock height suspension", but they sell kits for many cars with Eibach lowering springs.
    I emailed Koni to ask about the discrepancy, the reply was: "When we originally came out with the FSD shocks they were designed for OE height vehicles. So we designated them to be used with stock height suspension. We have since tested the Eibach Pro Kit on select vehicles and found that the FSD will work correctly with it. We have found that the FSD will not work correctly if it is riding on the bump stop or does not have enough travel to engage the special valve that makes FSD what it is."
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Well I put on Whiteline front and rear sway bars with a bump stop correction kit

I guess this fixing the bump stop problem

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Well I put on Whiteline front and rear sway bars with a bump stop correction kit

I guess this fixed the bump stop problem

Peter "SLIXX"

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Bump stop correction kit is lower profile stops I assume?

Haha, back in the day we used to just cut 'em down! @MadAussie knows what I'm on about : r31 days!

Sounds like if you want to go lowering springs, go B8s.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 01-05-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Bump stop correction kit is lower profile stops I assume?

Haha, back in the day we used to just cut 'em down! @MadAussie knows what I'm on about : r31 days!

Sounds like if you want to go lowering springs, go B8s.
    Yeah I was recommended by Whiteline to install them and my tyre wear perfectly evenly now

I would recommend the B8s too. Not saying that the Koni aren't worth it, but I think they are bette suited

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Do you mean bump steer???? Cos i dont think bump stops have much to do with tyre wear....

Do you mean bump steer???? Cos i dont think bump stops have much to do with tyre wear....
    Oh crap. Yes
    Another wonderful day of fat fingers and fat brain

Thanks Smokey for the correction

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

That's correct. Bump Steer and Bump Stop are two very different things

Pete, you would have had the Whiteline Bump Steer correction kit installed, which minimises bump steer (ie the tendency for a wheel/tyre to toe-out under suspension compression)

Bump Stops are rubber/urethane stoppers that stop shock absorbers going beyond their full compression point and damaging themselves.

EDIT: Sorted lol
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

OT: Does anyone know approx what a set of Billies landed from the states costs?

And noob question, why does nobody go the adjustable coilover option?

Height and dampening adjustable by user, camber adjustment on front. This was the reason for me going coilovers in teh past.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Many do.
    But for many, a quality shock/spring setup suits them better than a traditionally firmer adjustable coilovers set.
    There is always a compromise between ride and handling, some go for ride, some go for handling.
    Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast