User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Option 1 No Longer Stock KU36

Default Option 1 No Longer Stock KU36

Well, i was finally ready to purchase my new tyres today from Option 1 only to find out they no longer stock these! As an alternative they have quoted Federal RS-R 235/40R18 91W for $237-ea supply only. I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on these. I've checked other suppliers and am finding on average they retail for over $300- so i'm sure they're not to bad but just wondering what everyone else thinks. I've included the link below to show what another tyre place is selling them for. Any advice on this would be great or an alternative supplier for the KU36 without needing to purchase overseas! I'm also keen on Sumitomo but am not having any luck finding these either.

The Wheel Deal - Buy Federal 595 RS-R Online
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

My mates work at a tyre place and theyve been trying to get me onto these RS-R. They both run them in their 180s and it seems to hold up pretty well. The material is quite a soft compound, pretty much semi-slicks. From what they think, they rate these betta than the KU36s cause these are better in the wet. According to them both they rate these as best bang for ur buck tires. If u want, i can see how much cheaper they can do you for since ur also in Brissy? Good thing is, they are apparently made in Aust so i guess its supporting our economy if u see it that way. Moral of the story, in the end i bought AD08s Cause i've always wanted to try them..
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

[QUOTE=3MPSPWR;196705]My mates work at a tyre place and theyve been trying to get me onto these RS-R. They both run them in their 180s and it seems to hold up pretty well. The material is quite a soft compound, pretty much semi-slicks. From what they think, they rate these betta than the KU36s cause these are better in the wet. According to them both they rate these as best bang for ur buck tires. If u want, i can see how much cheaper they can do you for since ur also in Brissy? Good thing is, they are apparently made in Aust so i guess its supporting our economy if u see it that way. Moral of the story, in the end i bought AD08s Cause i've always wanted to try them..

Thanks for the info Eddie, really helpful, if it's not to much trouble are you able to ask your mate how much he could do a set for. Jealous MUCH that you have AD08s - if only the budget could stretch that far
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I don't think there are any tyres made in Australia now, but it might be engineered in Australia, ie. Altenzo tyres

I currently have the Federal 595's on my car and will definitely be giving the RS-R's a go next. Only positive comments about them so far, from a pretty diverse group of people.

Ya, no worries mate. I'll give my mate a call tmr to give u some ideas. But yea, they are generally pretty good tires from what i hear. Well to be honest i reckon the AD08s wont last as long as RS-r The shop is in southbrisbane. I'll run some quotes for ya tmr. Remind me!!

[QUOTE=MPSBNE;196706]
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    My mates work at a tyre place and theyve been trying to get me onto these RS-R. They both run them in their 180s and it seems to hold up pretty well. The material is quite a soft compound, pretty much semi-slicks. From what they think, they rate these betta than the KU36s cause these are better in the wet. According to them both they rate these as best bang for ur buck tires. If u want, i can see how much cheaper they can do you for since ur also in Brissy? Good thing is, they are apparently made in Aust so i guess its supporting our economy if u see it that way. Moral of the story, in the end i bought AD08s Cause i've always wanted to try them..

Thanks for the info Eddie, really helpful, if it's not to much trouble are you able to ask your mate how much he could do a set for. Jealous MUCH that you have AD08s - if only the budget could stretch that far

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Ur after a 235/40/18 ya?
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

yes please..

i have 15,000ks and 2 trackdays on my AD08s so far, still going strong and have about half tread depth left

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    i have 15,000ks and 2 trackdays on my AD08s so far, still going strong and have about half tread depth left
    now they are some stats I like to hear. My KU36 lasted about 18000k, got AD08 with some rims to go on soon. heath_303 what pressures you run front/back?

I would suggest in getting some AD08 from tirerack if you can wait and spare a few more $$$

Thanks Eddie!!

Hey bud, so apparently option 1 charge you more if u want to get it fitted so thats what my mate said. The best i can do for you through my mate is 230 per corner fitted. Maybe if u go more often next time it might be even cheaper! haha But yea, they said 230. Let me know what u think. Its all negotiation, i did the hard yards for ya already lol So u prolly save about 70 bucks if u go through my mate...

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Thanks Eddie!!
    Current:

I currently have the Federal 595's on my car and will definitely be giving the RS-R's a go next. Only positive comments about them so far, from a pretty diverse group of people.

Glad to hear there's been some positive feedback Jeev...I'm going ahead with the purchase tomorrow & will have them fitted in a bit over a weeks time when Troy fits the rear toe adjusters

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Awsome Eddie!! I won't need fitting as i'm arranging 2xs to do this when i get the toe adjusters fitted in a bit over a week!! Will definately buy the tyres from your mate though..How do i go about ordering them? Thanks again...i owe you one!

Hey bud, so apparently option 1 charge you more if u want to get it fitted so thats what my mate said. The best i can do for you through my mate is 230 per corner fitted. Maybe if u go more often next time it might be even cheaper! haha But yea, they said 230. Let me know what u think. Its all negotiation, i did the hard yards for ya already lol So u prolly save about 70 bucks if u go through my mate...

Ok so, just got off the phone with my mate. 3844 4153 is the shop number, the shop is tyres & more at South Brisbane. If u ask for either Andy(my mate) or Chris(owner) they will look after you. Also mention that your Eddie's mate and he'll get what your on about.. The latest stock to get if u call tmr is Friday so i hope ur not in a rush. I did mention that your just after tyres no fitting so maybe have to have a chat to Chris to see what he can do. But as it stands its pretty cheap as it is i guess.. Anyways, any dramas let me know

Glad to hear there's been some positive feedback Jeev...I'm going ahead with the purchase tomorrow & will have them fitted in a bit over a weeks time when Troy fits the rear toe adjusters

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Awsome Eddie!! I won't need fitting as i'm arranging 2xs to do this when i get the toe adjusters fitted in a bit over a week!! Will definately buy the tyres from your mate though..How do i go about ordering them? Thanks again...i owe you one!
    Current:

Ok so, just got off the phone with my mate. 3844 4153 is the shop number, the shop is tyres & more at South Brisbane. If u ask for either Andy(my mate) or Chris(owner) they will look after you. Also mention that your Eddie's mate and he'll get what your on about.. The latest stock to get if u call tmr is Friday so i hope ur not in a rush. I did mention that your just after tyres no fitting so maybe have to have a chat to Chris to see what he can do. But as it stands its pretty cheap as it is i guess.. Anyways, any dramas let me know
    same guy I told him to call
    Chris (Doug) Dat.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

DOH! The Doug thing obviously threw me off Troy! I spoke with them yesterday thinking it was Ultratune. Now i'm realising that they are 2 business merged? Anyways i will call them again today. Thanks again boys!

Fed 595s and 595RSRs, it's like comparing chalk and cheese. totally different.

AD08s and KU36s - it's like comparing a red apple and a green apple. they look different, but end up being the same.

So what's you view on Federals then Project?

Bob

Regular 595s are poo. 595RSRs are the shiz.

Personally I go for something with a stability stripe down the centre of the tread. Always makes a FWD feel the road better in high speed cornering.

Next tyre I get will be the Nitto NT01.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

forgot to add, my last KU31s, purchased 3 month ago came from Tempe tyres. I normally deal with O1G also for my Kumhos, but tempe were much cheaper this time around.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 16-11-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Anyone tried these?
    FEDERAL FZ-201 FZ-201

Lol well yes its both ultratune and tyres & more merged into 1. i heard u ordered some today, good job

DOH! The Doug thing obviously threw me off Troy! I spoke with them yesterday thinking it was Ultratune. Now i'm realising that they are 2 business merged? Anyways i will call them again today. Thanks again boys!
    Current:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast