User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: JBarone Short Shift Plates For MPS3 GenI & GenII

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Got mine today. Finally.

Interesting about the "online ordering problem"
    Thats not what they said to us. We were told that they are waiting on shipment from america and they cant supply enough to meet demand. Same with CPE and Corksport.

Fitting will be tomorrow, thats the plan. Though i'm impatient, so probably tonight.
    Although the heavy gear knob was fitted before i left the car park at the post office.

Just need to figure out how the shift boot attaches to the knob
    Please give us a heads up with some photos

Yeah I'm the same hence why I'm getting Impatient lol

The boot has a plastic tube/ring on the inside so once the knob is screwed on the plastic moves down and stops the tip of the boot from moving down any further.

Does it leave a gap of something???
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

2. Default

Hi Guys,
    We have received the JBR shifter knobs yesterday & the whole order has sold out. Very one that placed orders before it landed has been supplied with their order.
    The order problem was just at our end, which meant we need to call / email for the vehicle that's all.

I installed a SK today, & with a little adjustment Alan & myself
    Nice work JBR

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Hi Guys,
    We have received the JBR shifter knobs yesterday & the whole order has sold out. Very one that placed orders before it landed has been supplied with their order.
    The order problem was just at our end, which meant we need to call / email for the vehicle that's all.

I installed a SK today, & with a little adjustment Alan & myself
    Nice work JBR
    Awesome stuff!
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

just home from work, having a quick drink and then i'll fit the kit.

Worked ot the shit boot issue nearly.
    There is an extra threaded sleeve inside the knob you need to remove.
    Screw the knob on tight, then un-screw it. With any luck the inner sleeve will stay.
    Will then need a spanner to tighten it down further.
    There is no thread, so the gear shift will cut the thread, so its very tight. So slowly screw and un-srew.
    However, once screwed down all the way, I still have a gap between the boot and the knob. Will fiddle around with that later.

Even with the stock shift plate, the heavy knob is still a improvement. Suprisingly so.

I got my weighted knob today from MPSGarage, installed it in the carpark at work :P then adjusted the height when I got home, though there was no JBR Shift plate in the box witht he knob... so I emailed them from work...

absolutely love the way shifting feels with the new Knob... can't wait to get the shift plate in

Hmm... I didn't realise the short shift plate could do with/needed a heavy shift knob (I didn't see that combo kit). Is there any way to get a shift knob separately?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Actually don't worry, I found it. =D

7. Default

Adjust the Shifter knob height by using an Allan Key ( 8mm or 10mm can't remember). 13mm socket or spanner for the inner thread & screw it right down.
    This happen to me on the first one.

What benefits is there to altering the weight of the shifter knob?

Is this te same as altering the weight on the gearbox end of the shifter cable?

Thanks,

Chris.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910