User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CES Racing SRI, K&N pod and heatsheild

The dollar is ALOT better at the moment. Why not just buy this http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...roducts_id=704
    Certainly going to cost alot less than $400.
    & if you want a heat shield, this will do the job- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pod-Air-Filte...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Its all ive done & it works a treat
    Last edited by AD07; 08-10-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    The dollar is ALOT better at the moment. Why not just buy this COBB Tuning SF Intake for Mazdaspeed 3 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
    Certainly going to cost alot less than $400.
    & if you want a heat shield, this will do the job- Pod Air Filter cover BLACK Heat Shield Cover for filter - eBay Air Filters, Induction Kits, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Oct-09 15:29:57 AEDST)
    Its all ive done & it works a treat
    What brand filter is it? How well does it flow? Not K&N of course, Its all about the quality and quantity of flow. K&N have a reputation for a reason. I won't use anything else.

The SRI, great yes, $185 US = $200ish AUD + Postage $20-30? = $230

+ heat sheild $38 + postage $15 = $53

Total $283, + K&N pod filter (from Autobarn $150) = $433

Even K&N @ $120 the total = $403

Our SRI is HPC coated and the whole lot fitted for $400. We are Australians and I support Australia as much as I can, So should you.

3 in, maybe a 4th,

Need 1 more please.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Why would i buy a K&N pod filter when the Cobb SRI already comes with a filter????????
    I totally understand about supporting the Australian product, but i would much rather the extra approx $120 in MY pocket.

Im interested... but dont count me as definite.. 400 translates to a fair bit more in NZ dollars plus shipping cost.. hrmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    Im interested... but dont count me as definite.. 400 translates to a fair bit more in NZ dollars plus shipping cost.. hrmm
    $488.29 in todays coversion
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

6. Default

to add a little more fuel to the fire...

http://www.3aracing.com.au/HTML%20Fo...hoot%20Out.pdf

I bought a K&N pod for my car for $80 from Supercheap Auto. I now have an AEM Dryflow Filter on and even though it apparently doesnt perform as well in the test.. i rather have this than my MAF being coated with oil
    Last edited by Dark Authority; 10-10-2009 at 12:35 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Authority View Post
    that test is flawed:

1. it was in auto salon magazine
    2. the test was commissioned by 3a racing anyway - some other website mentions this

besides, they dont give any information on the particle size, so they could be attempting to filter sars for all we know
    Last edited by kagerou; 10-10-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Hi guys. I'm up on the Sunshine Coast, and am very keen on getting in on this offer. Problem is with work and other commitments, there's no way I'm able to get down to the workshop to have it fitted. Am wondering if CES has an outlet/contact up around my area where I could get this mod done ? (Maroochydore/Caloundra or anywhere in between). Cheers, Andrew.

Its very easy to fit, takes around 15-20 minutes. You can do it yourself if you're a not a simpleton......

I posted that you can either have free fitting or free postage (within reason)
    Last edited by 2XS; 10-10-2009 at 01:43 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    that test is flawed:

1. it was in auto salon magazine
    2. the test was commissioned by 3a racing anyway - some other website mentions this

besides, they dont give any information on the particle size, so they could be attempting to filter sars for all we know
    Oh.. never knew that.. thats fair enough.

**shrugs.. i'm finding that i like my AEM pod WAY more. Sounds louder and meaner..[i switched pods just to see if i was imagining things]

11. Default

guess who paid for this test?
    http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

and another
    ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report

this one is a bit more reliable since they do some good tests over there
    Air Filtration Test

so yeah, pretty much use whatever filter you think is the best whether it be filtration, noise or flow, because every test out there is biased towards a brand anyway

Still only got 3 people.

If Al goes out and gets his SRI outside of the group buy, I might follow suit...

2 more (If Ante and Ultrasmart get in on it, we'll have enough!! ... c'mon guys!)

I think we have 5 people interested.

I will organise the coating this week.

The 6 and the new 3 will need some development work regarding the new design heatsheilds, but, all will be good for the others.

I will keep you all posted.

Unhappy

I won't be going ahead ATM sorry guys...

If you need my car for testing the fit of the 6 let me know and I can come in next Monday.

I'll be there from crack-o-dawn Saturday (whatever day we do this..) but would have to leave at 11.30 to get to work on time

Hopefully that'll be enough time...

Enough wait I guess, i'll start negotiating mine righ away.

Group buy is going ahead, just awaiting coating now.

Get in now and register your interest.

I'm a definite 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Authority View Post
    Oh.. never knew that.. thats fair enough.

**shrugs.. i'm finding that i like my AEM pod WAY more. Sounds louder and meaner..[i switched pods just to see if i was imagining things]
    I went the other way, switched from an AEM dry flow to a K&N (thanks Wardski). The car is much better with the K&N. Easier to clean also...

Good on 2XS for giving people the opportunity to get a good intake solution.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast