User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New TMIC option and SRI

R&D continues at a rapid pace. This morning the Hyperflow guys took more measurements off my car and I left them with a spare OEM TMIC that Matt graciously loaned to us.

They weren't wrong about being able to "rapidly prototype" a new product. They plan to have the end tanks machined and a mock-up produced within the next day or so for test fitting.

Then we'll have to wait for around two weeks until the cores arrive from the US.

The cores are a good example of their attention to detail. Cores that use extruded pipes with integral internal fins are available here, but a core that uses the same fins on the inside that you see on the outside is more efficient, but not available in Aus. So we'll wait for the more efficient ones.

I'll post a photo of the mock-up soon.

Gone to Volvo

Damn.....great work. These guys seem very keen .

This is awesome these guys seem the real deal .....cant wait

+1.

Cant wait to get my sticky paws on that SRI...I love the use of all existing gear and only changing filter and MAF housing. Install/removal will be a 5 minute job - 3 screws.

Awesome

5. Default

Top work Mal ... im excited

You are da man Mal

shame you drive a 6

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    You are da man Mal

shame you drive a 6
    He is da man because he drives a 6 you mean
    Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

I don't want to jump the gun but there are likely to be more performance products coming our way in due course. Hyperflow ship around 50% of their production to overseas markets and with the MPS being a global car they can see the potential.

Mean time, the mounting brackets for the SRI will be fabed and sent out for powder coating. Kits should be ready soon.

Ooooo I'm excited and I love my MPS again, new fuel pump today, TMIC back on tomorrow, new tyres monday...I may even hookup the standback!....and then for a SRI!

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    +1.

Cant wait to get my sticky paws on that SRI...I love the use of all existing gear and only changing filter and MAF housing. Install/removal will be a 5 minute job - 3 screws.

Awesome
    + 2 very very handy for swapping back to stock for servicing etc. can't wait !

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    Ooooo I'm excited and I love my MPS again, new fuel pump today, TMIC back on tomorrow, new tyres monday...I may even hookup the standback!....and then for a SRI!
    See how could u even think of getting rid of the beast ... its my mission to talk every 6 owner out of it who is thinking of selling.

Your grin will be even bigger once you get those PP2's on too
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

So any ETA on the TMIC mal roughly .... im so keen !

I would only be guessing on an ETA at this stage. I'm told the cores will take two weeks to be manufactured in the US and shipped over. Perhaps a couple of weeks after that? Don't hold me to it, I'm only guessing.

Their intention is to get the MPS6 fitment squared away first, then get hold of an MPS3. Are there any MPS3 owners in the Illawarra area who can make their car available on a weekday to assist with R&D?

Ok cool ....give me time to save the funds

15. Default

im in Wollongong , have MPS 3 and on Holidays at the moment so available to leave car for R& D Let me know when where

Thanks grizzly, I'll let you know when, may not be for a few weeks yet. When do you go back to work?

May I ask that you ask them to consider building a cold air box for an SRI kmh? From what I've read on MSF and my own personal opinion, there seems to be a large market for one. All the benefits of a CAI with none of the drawbacks. If they could make one for $100 - 150, I'd be all over it. It also does away with the legality issues of having an exposed pod filter.

It's a good question. Hyperflow already make something similar for the Falcon, and someone on the other forum also asked about it. I'll raise it next time I talk to them.

I suspect the basic SRI is just the first step. They've already mentioned the possibility of doing a silicone pipe to eliminate the bellows pipe.

+1 for a Cold Air Box

20. Default

Kmh school hols im back to work 20th july

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast