User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure S6 Passenger and Transmission mounts

Default Sure Torq S6 Passenger and transmission mounts

Hi guys,

Anyone keen on a group buy for SUREs new side engine mounts for the 6? They are currently listed on pre-order but are shipping now. If we have a few interested I will get a price and we can combine shipping or something like that. Current pricing is $375 for the pair. I know AWR does a set as well but these just look purdy.

526984_345099218901351_1757103872_n.jpg 540298_351547518256521_127536147_n.jpg

Cheers,
    Darren

EDIT:
    Coupon code: MSF6

Code is for 15% off Torq R6, Dreadnaught, and Juggernaught when purchased with the S6 Duo that is on preorder promotion.

Payments are due when the S6 Duo is ready to ship.

We can layaway the order for anyone that wants to take advantage of this promotion. We will allow up to 30 days for payment once S6 Duo is ready to ship.

Promotion ends when S6 Duo is ready to ship, order must be in our system prior to project completion.
    Last edited by dazza; 28-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I might be interested. My stock side mount is crap. Depends what sort of shipping price.

If there anything like the 3's which they should be the shipping is killer something like 25-35% of product cost

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    If there anything like the 3's which they should be the shipping is killer something like 25-35% of product cost
    Yeah tell me about it, it sucks! Ive emailed Cullen re: groupbuy or discounted shipping guess I'll see what he says...
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Default Sure S6 Passenger and Transmission mounts

Interested to hear a review for these an how they compare to the AWR

I already have a pre order done so just waiting for my turn. Think a group buy might be hard ATM given that you need to secure a spot for delivery?

Be interesting to find out how much postage within Australia would be, cause we could organise a large shipment to the most popular location, then just ship them out to interstate people?

I would think these would feel pretty close to standard after 1,000 - 1,500 km (60 duro)... Especially if your not too fussed about NVH for example, you can't really notice to difference between the AC on with 75 duro compared to stock, if i do these then i'll have the trio of 60 duro sure's so i'll be able to tell people difference over stock and difference over TRZ Dogbone.

The AWR softest setting is 70 which would be more noticeable.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Be almost 500 to your door, if we did group by would only work if we were all in one area

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Be interesting to find out how much postage within Australia would be, cause we could organise a large shipment to the most popular location, then just ship them out to interstate people?

I would think these would feel pretty close to standard after 1,000 - 1,500 km (60 duro)... Especially if your not too fussed about NVH for example, you can't really notice to difference between the AC on with 75 duro compared to stock, if i do these then i'll have the trio of 60 duro sure's so i'll be able to tell people difference over stock and difference over TRZ Dogbone.

The AWR softest setting is 70 which would be more noticeable.
    where did you read that they are 60 DURO?
    also, the standard (AUS) driver side motor mount in the 6 is so good at reducing NVH because of the upright bolt design which allows engine movement and absorption is almost all directions, but also makes it shit and easy to break.
    with these new mounts that SURE and AWR have made they use a horizontal bolt with urethane bushings, which only allow minimal movement, so the NVH increase from stock is dramatic, but keeps engine placement in check.
    In comparison the SURE/CPe RMM which is just the same design as stock but stronger bushings has a smaller increase in NVH than the driver side will.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    where did you read that they are 60 DURO?
    also, the standard (AUS) driver side motor mount in the 6 is so good at reducing NVH because of the upright bolt design which allows engine movement and absorption is almost all directions, but also makes it shit and easy to break.
    with these new mounts that SURE and AWR have made they use a horizontal bolt with urethane bushings, which only allow minimal movement, so the NVH increase from stock is dramatic, but keeps engine placement in check.
    In comparison the SURE/CPe RMM which is just the same design as stock but stronger bushings has a smaller increase in NVH than the driver side will.

Ahh i did not know that, make sense now cause when i've looked at the driver side mount im like how the hell does it work (compared to aftermarket) The options from sure are 60 - 75 duro i believe.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

I can only comment on the 3MPS versions in 60 duro.

Harsh as hell at first but through time they wear in as designed plus you get more use to it.
    They are $495 and the shipping only cost me $75 to Brisbane. The shipping is due to box size and weight they are around 8kgs together.

I didnt know sure does 60 or 75? How do you choose

they didn't have the choice on the website when i first ordered but they have a dropdown choice menu now.

This is for the 3MPS but if you pre order just put it in the order notes.
    Last edited by zippymps3; 23-08-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Don't they just have "street" or "race" options?

Yep same as the RMM, so Street = 60 duro Race = 75 duro

Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    I can only comment on the 3MPS versions in 60 duro.

Harsh as hell at first but through time they wear in as designed plus you get more use to it.
    They are $495 and the shipping only cost me $75 to Brisbane. The shipping is due to box size and weight they are around 8kgs together.
    A bit off topic - I was thinking of just getting the passenger mount (drivers side here in OZ) for my Gen2. Do you have any feedback regarding them ? Recommended or not ? NVH etc ? I already have the SURE REM (street). Now I don't even notice it, not that I've driven a stock Gen2, so can't remember what 'normal' feels like anymore.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Yep same as the RMM, so Street = 60 duro Race = 75 duro
    Bro, Sure don't give any duro only 'Street' or 'Track' they don't specify hence only the feel and use. I have used the CP-e 60duro REM as well the CP-e 75duro REM and Sure R3 'Track' spec currently running CP-e 75duro. I can tell you right now the Sure 'Track' spec is much harsher and gives more NVH than CP-e 75duro. I have both Sure side mounts 'Street' aswell and there is lots or more NVH and being plastic the rattles start to appear. Just letting everyone know and a word of warning to those that believe its only a little more worse than stock. On side note if you drive it like its meant to then that won't matter.

Sorry to stray, but I say go for them! well worth it...my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by KFuNk; 23-08-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

they dont appear as strong as the AWR one's, they look nicer but are a chunkier 2 piece design due to the aluminium being used also you will notice that the trans mount is bolted together with 2 hex key bolts thru the side and prob 2 underneath and due to the multi piece design alot more flex will occur during shifting/take off, good for vibes but you would lose some of the responsiveness out of the drivetrain (when compared to AWR's units)

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    they dont appear as strong as the AWR one's, they look nicer but are a chunkier 2 piece design due to the aluminium being used also you will notice that the trans mount is bolted together with 2 hex key bolts thru the side and prob 2 underneath and due to the multi piece design alot more flex will occur during shifting/take off, good for vibes but you would lose some of the responsiveness out of the drivetrain (when compared to AWR's units)
    I was thinking the same thing...
    And the drivers side one has a similar bolt in style of the mounting arm... Interesting o hear reviews

Same deal with the diff mounts compared to cpe and turbine tech I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast