User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pumps - brand new

I'm currently working on something for getting the AP supported on Aussie MPS's, I'll be posting some more specific details very soon.....

I wish my damn OBD Reader/iPhone would log my fuel pressure. For some reason Rev has that parameter greyed out, it just diaplays fuel pressure as 0 PSI on mine.

OK, finally got the log off the Dashhawk, this was a run taken in 3rd gear, full throttle from around 4500 rpm

The red graph is the hpfp pressure in psi, as you can see its peak is about 1700psi, then at about 5200 rpm (yellow graph) it drops pressure down to around 500 psi.....fast.
    You will also see that the throttle plate (dark blue graph) & boost (pink graph) are both getting shut down by the ECU due to the lack of fuel pressure, the AFR (light blue line) peaks at around 13:1 while the ECU is trying to preserve my internals, I think I can confidently say that my WMI kit would have done a lot in saving the engine at about this point in time.

The thing is that I can drive the car around normally, for now anyway, it feels fine for day to day driving, as long as I don't do anything too extreme with the throttle you wouldn't know there was any underlying issue.
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 03-11-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Here are the details regarding the Cobb AP for Aus,

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...australia.html

4 definites and 2 possibles!

C'mon OzMPS, you can do it

Hmmmm this one or a CP-e one.

desicions! desicions!

Sign you up for a Stage 1 pump here Alejo? Great!

Bump, just over a week until we want to close this, if you're sitting on the fence waiting to make a decision please express your interest, and ask any questions you have.

I think Justin should buy 2, a his and hers matching set

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    OK, finally got the log off the Dashhawk, this was a run taken in 3rd gear, full throttle from around 4500 rpm

The red graph is the hpfp pressure in psi, as you can see its peak is about 1700psi, then at about 5200 rpm (yellow graph) it drops pressure down to around 500 psi.....fast.
    You will also see that the throttle plate (dark blue graph) & boost (pink graph) are both getting shut down by the ECU due to the lack of fuel pressure, the AFR (light blue line) peaks at around 13:1 while the ECU is trying to preserve my internals, I think I can confidently say that my WMI kit would have done a lot in saving the engine at about this point in time.

The thing is that I can drive the car around normally, for now anyway, it feels fine for day to day driving, as long as I don't do anything too extreme with the throttle you wouldn't know there was any underlying issue.
    hey matt, how much fuel did you have in the tank?
    ive had similar things happen to me when i've got less than 1/3 of a tank...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Sign you up for a Stage 1 pump here Alejo? Great!
    How is this pump better than the CP-e one?

Just trying to justify spending the extra $$$ to join this GB as it would be an extra $110 if the price in your 1st post is in AUD$ or $85 if the price is in USD$.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Arent the cp-e prices based on the core exchange ?, you can always take advantage of the core refund on this pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    How is this pump better than the CP-e one?

Just trying to justify spending the extra $$$ to join this GB as it would be an extra $110 if the price in your 1st post is in AUD$ or $85 if the price is in USD$.
    To get an equivalent price with CP-e you need to send your old fuel pump back to them within xx days for a refund, with this it's the new pump outright, so no mucking around with return postage to the US and the outlay is much less upfront.

If you can wait an extra day, I'll be tuning on the 16th and if I run into fuel pressure issues I'll join the GB. But only if I do.

I think we can accommodate you Mal! Good luck with the tuning

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Arent the cp-e prices based on the core exchange ?, you can always take advantage of the core refund on this pump.
    Whats the refund for with these guys if you return your OEM pump?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    To get an equivalent price with CP-e you need to send your old fuel pump back to them within xx days for a refund, with this it's the new pump outright, so no mucking around with return postage to the US and the outlay is much less upfront.

Yes you have to return your oem pump which I have no problem with as there is no need for me to keep it.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Keep the OEM pump AL, you will never know...

Does this dude do injectors for these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    hey matt, how much fuel did you have in the tank?
    ive had similar things happen to me when i've got less than 1/3 of a tank...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Cant recall Sam, although I did test it again yesterday with just over 1/2 a tank, and the same thing happened.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast