User Tag List

Thread: Playing Iphone 3GS Through MPS3 AUX audio jack....

Default Playing Iphone 3GS Through MPS3 AUX audio jack....

Hi guys

I have recently been given a Iphone 3GS as a hand me down from the missus while I wait for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to come out, so far the 3GS is great and for what I need it is spot on, so I thought I'd buy a couple things I wanted to get for it, like car charger and USB cable to hook it up to my work laptop since I travel most of the time.

Anyways to get to the point I purchased a cheaper version of this: Belkin Car Charger AUX NO FM Apple iPhone 4 2G 3G 3GS S (eBay item 220680265796 end time 06-May-11 20:57:00 AEST) : Phones

Seemed like a great idea so I thought what the heck???? Couple of weeks later it come sin the mail, I plug it into the AUX jack of my Gen1 and hit play...

NO BLOODY SOUND! I've tried everything, looking at settings on the phone, updating it, and even different format files (MP3s)...

I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has tried the same and could possibly point me the right way??? Am I using the wrong thing or should i just give up and buy a proper MP3 player or burn more CDs???

Like I said, I'm on the road real often and I wanted to fill up the phone with music for the longer journeys.

any suggestions???
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    Hi guys

I have recently been given a Iphone 3GS as a hand me down from the missus while I wait for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to come out, so far the 3GS is great and for what I need it is spot on, so I thought I'd buy a couple things I wanted to get for it, like car charger and USB cable to hook it up to my work laptop since I travel most of the time.

Anyways to get to the point I purchased a cheaper version of this: Belkin Car Charger AUX NO FM Apple iPhone 4 2G 3G 3GS S (eBay item 220680265796 end time 06-May-11 20:57:00 AEST) : Phones

Seemed like a great idea so I thought what the heck???? Couple of weeks later it come sin the mail, I plug it into the AUX jack of my Gen1 and hit play...

NO BLOODY SOUND! I've tried everything, looking at settings on the phone, updating it, and even different format files (MP3s)...

I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has tried the same and could possibly point me the right way??? Am I using the wrong thing or should i just give up and buy a proper MP3 player or burn more CDs???

Like I said, I'm on the road real often and I wanted to fill up the phone with music for the longer journeys.

any suggestions???
    Not sure about gen 1 but in the gen 2 you have to pick the audio source on the stereo. You have cd, radio, aux etc. Pick the aux one. Hope that helps.
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Yeah done that but still no sound, it just wont play a single thing out of the speakers!!!

It could be faulty?

Have you tried it on someone else's car?

Do you have another device, like a portable Hi Fi, to plus the jack into too see if it's working?

Ultimately you can just buy another cheap 3.5mm cable from your headphone jack to the Aux port.