User Tag List

Thread: Extremely cheap 6MPS

Perhaps a little too cheap? I've done just over 40K and with mods (considering condition) I would be chasing high 20's at least, so for a dealer that's really cheap...wonder what the catch is!

Looks like it has coilovers.

That does look great! I wonder if it's been involved in any accidents

It does look better than last month, loving the new black respray paint job and rims too

6. Default

maybe its Mitchs car and they towed it on a truck there to take pics

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    maybe its Mitchs car and they towed it on a truck there to take pics
    nah, it has an engine, cant possibly be mitch's car
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    It does look better than last month, loving the new black respray paint job and rims too
    Couldn't have said it any better
    Last edited by laser beam; 30-03-2011 at 04:56 PM.

is the smushed up grey mps really the same car as the one on the dealer lot?
    Last edited by IceValk85; 30-03-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceValk85 View Post
    is the smushed up grey mps really the same car as the one on the dealer lot?
    Looks like an American numberplate on the grey one so I think they're just having a joke The car looks a bit suspicious to me. Possibly been thrashed. When looking for a new car, I was also told to stay well away from car yards in the area where it's located. The seller also has no feedback, so that makes me a little more suspicious as well.

If it is indeed legitimate and the seller offered warranty (big seller) I'd jump on it if I was in the market.
    Last edited by skyna; 31-03-2011 at 03:45 PM.

im looking at trading mine in for it...aparrently no accidents...we shall see

dont forget you can check for write offs and accident history on the revs site, which may save you lots of ongoing costs

not going to bother..too much of a hassle to get to nsw..may see if its still for sale next week..but at the minute it will probs go at that price..apparently all clean on revs check already since its a licensed dealer etc...hmmm

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    not going to bother..
    my advice as well

Sorry guys its an interstate repairable write off - checked it out - just be aware that we dont know what its been written off for, so dont judge it as dodgy until inspected, if anything use this as a point to drop some $$$ off the asking price!

thanks rayd. i rang them and they told me no accidents, not been a repariable write off..shows that it pays tog et everythign checked yourself even if at a dealer... hows your build coming along?im eagerly waiting to see..ive got mine in for some work next week..woo

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Sorry guys its an interstate repairable write off - checked it out - just be aware that we dont know what its been written off for, so dont judge it as dodgy until inspected, if anything use this as a point to drop some $$$ off the asking price!

I'd definitely negotiate it down with that factor coming into play. Just keep in mind, it's been written off which means it's generally cheaper for the insurance company to pay out how much it was insured for than repair it. Given the current market value of the MPS6, in my opinion it would have to be something relatively significant such as complete new front end (bonnet, headlights, front bar etc).

18. Default

Nice work Rayd. Those rear badges are incorrectly placed, so me thinks it was involved in a rear ender some time in it's lifetime.

But if they're offering free 3 years warranty on it (pending it's a proper bumper to bumper warranty, or at least on driveline parts) then it's still a cheap pick up imo. I wonder how much they paid for it from Auto Auction in Granville..
    Last edited by laser beam; 01-04-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: shpelling mishtake

It's 20k now... $1500 more than I paid for mine, sans accident history Not cheap