User Tag List

Thread: How to change wheel PCD? want to fit different stud pattern rims

Default How to change wheel PCD? want to fit different stud pattern rims

Hey guys,

im looking to get a new set of rims for my MPS 6, and i am dead set on fitting the 2010 HSV rims, if anyone isnt familliar with them, these are it:

Now, problem is, the MPS is (i think) 5x114.5 PCD.
    the HSV wheels are suited for (i think) 5x120 PCD...

how can i adapt this to suit??

thanks
    ~Ray

Change your hubs to 5 x 120 PCD

Then yiou get to change your rotors and brakes as well.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Blog Entries

You would also need to consider offset. I think holden uses lower offsets, so that in itself shouldn't be an issue.
    I'm not sure how you'd change the stud pattern, but it's be a significant modification to the hub etc. perhaps there's the possibility of having a custom piece machined.

It could be a _lot_ of work....presuming you can adjust the PCD and the offset is practical, then you need to consider clearance; these wheels are going to need rolled/flared/pulled gaurds to get them underneath...

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Hey guys,

im looking to get a new set of rims for my MPS 6, and i am dead set on fitting the 2010 HSV rims, if anyone isnt familliar with them, these are it:

Now, problem is, the MPS is (i think) 5x114.5 PCD.
    the HSV wheels are suited for (i think) 5x120 PCD...

how can i adapt this to suit??

thanks
    ~Ray
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Some of the Euro cars run 120pcd. maybe look for hubs/brakes simular to the mps

Big job mate. BIG job...

You can get hub spacer/adaptors. They come in a variety of wheel stud patterns. You can go from 114.3 to 120 (both patterns need to be 5 stud)

The issue you have is offset. Mazda run a +45 to +50 area. It's hard enough trying to find rims to start with at that offset.

Adding a spacer/adaptor will increase the track 25mm/side. You can't get +75 offset rims.

You can go the other way, +25 offset vehicle (eg early Ford etc), fit adaptor, then fit +50 offset rims.

Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You can get hub spacer/adaptors. They come in a variety of wheel stud patterns. You can go from 114.3 to 120 (both patterns need to be 5 stud)

The issue you have is offset. Mazda run a +45 to +50 area. It's hard enough trying to find rims to start with at that offset.

Adding a spacer/adaptor will increase the track 25mm/side. You can't get +75 offset rims.

You can go the other way, +25 offset vehicle (eg early Ford etc), fit adaptor, then fit +50 offset rims.
    Thanks for the info troy,

i knew this sort of thing existed, but i also know that its defect-able in NSW...

not only that... but ive heard of too many stories about how peoples wheels have come flying off using these bad boys! :S

cant put the MPS at risk!!! i guess the job is just too big thanks for the info guys!

That was my next answer......too risky

As i read on forums that changing the PCD via adapters or spacers = wheels coming off..

Glad we could help..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Its ever so slightly possible to weld up the holes and re-drill them.
    BUT
    risky, doubt anyone would do it, and the holes will be in funny spots (through the spokes)

Most realistic option if you really want it, is wait until that series of HSV is discontinued, copyright will be up and companies will be allowed to rip off the design. Might get some in the right fitment then.

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Change your hubs to 5 x 120 PCD

Then yiou get to change your rotors and brakes as well.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    This was popular with a number of Datsun Z owners (240/260 mainly).

They have strange offsets which, when combined with a 4 stud pattern severely limit wheel options. So a common fix was to replace the hubs with Ford or Holden 5 stud hubs. Also gave a massive range of brake options

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Woked with a guy who had the same issue Dan, but with a KE20 Corolla.
    Plus he needed better brakes for rego (had CA18DET)
    Had Nissan Skyline strut bottoms with hub, brakes etc. Cut and shut onto the stock Corolla tops

You could go to a similar wheel too, I remember seeing a set call "Mantis" that looked basically the same. Can't find them now for the life of me, but this is close:
    products