User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White smoke

1. Default

My turbo just let go at 35k on my 09 gen 2 mazda are replacing it after telling me I should check my oil more often........

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
    My turbo just let go at 35k on my 09 gen 2 mazda are replacing it after telling me I should check my oil more often........
    omg thats shocking both the comment and gen2's being affected
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

i doubt checking the oil would have anything to do with it, or have avoided it

i hate generic comments from mechanics like that, and have told a few (only ever dealers mechs strangely) to shut their trap lol. especially since turbo oil seal failures are well documented on the 2.3L DISI motor. all i see in mechanics like that are that they just trying to pass the buck to something else.

in this case, its almost like saying "hey douchebag! its your fault because you could have prevented this turbo failure with an oil level check." BARAARRRRRRRRGLE it makes me mad.

pet peeves lol

Ice

4. Default

Yeah i wasnt stoked about the response I told him that mazda shouldnt make a car that can destroy major parts without any warning lights coming on. He just said hes doing it under warranty so not point whining lol I just love it.

I cant be bothered having a turbo go every year though and no loan car...

I got stuck on the parkway this morning at a standstill (huuggee crash!!) and my car started smoking because we were sitting idle. The poor girl behind me, I mustve almost gassed her to death :/

Check or Change it more often? Mazda and their stupid 10 000km service schedule is probably responsible for half the failed turbos out there. Change your oil every 5000k's if you drive your car with any kind of vigor.

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

it also appears that you need standard TIP for this fix to be applied

They are all new parts sammy.
    Rocker cover and tip inc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12