User Tag List

Thread: Parrot Bluetooth Steering wheel support, anyone done it??

Default Parrot Bluetooth Steering wheel support, anyone done it??

Hey all,

here again with yet another question! it will be my last one (i hope)

I'm planning to install a bluetooth handsfree system into my 6 MPS, i have done it before with my Accord euro, and it worked out great, but i think i want to do this one a little better.

what im aiming for is to use the Parrot CK3000 kit and intergrate it into the BOSE system using the Mazda Bose ISO harness (part # QCHBC-M). But i also want to ditch the external parrot control button thingo and use the mazda steering wheel to answer calls etc.
    Parrot do make steering wheel integration hardware called the multicomm" and "multicamm" systems, but this is where the problem begins...

Unfortunately...Parrot has decided to take down all info about which cars are supported in there "multicomm" and "multicamm" systems. apparently the "multicomm" works on cars that use the "com-bus" system for the steering wheel, and similarly; the "multicamm" works on cars that use the "cam-bus" system for there steering wheel controls...

My question is, does anyone know what type of protocol our cars use? Cam or Com?? or even better... has anyone actually used one of these at all to see if it works???

thanks in advance!

Hi there, what you are suggesting may not be possible.
    Parrot don't make a CAN unit for it, and as far as I am aware, there are no buttons on the steering wheel which allow for a phone kit to be hooked up in the way you are suggesting.
    if there is a way to hook it up, you would be limited to mute and volume adjustment.
    But in most cases, the parrot unit has it's own AMP, and mutes the factory AMP.

I have a Parrot kit which I never installed. I hardly need a hands-free. I'd be happy to be rid of it for a minor consideration. I don't know the model but can find out if anyone is interested.

Best to call the guys at Strike, they are the Australian wholesalers for Parrot, one of the guys there owns a MPS6 Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kits, Motorcycle Bluetooth, Parrot, Blueant and more @ Strike

Thanks for the info guys ill be calling strike asap

RAYD, PM reply sent. Cheers.