User Tag List

Thread: Whats the car worth

Default Whats the car worth

hey guys

well i sold my XR5 and got the MPS, but miss the XR5 too much so going back! i know i know you might think im an idiot but personal preference

What is my car worth to sell ??

Its a 2008 Aurora Blue BKII MPS3, 40,000kms, service history, in mint condition, has bluetooth and iPod integration, Factory Warranty and roadside assist for another 8 months.

REgo till may 11

24? ish but going back already?? less if you want to sell quickly. you can always ask for more but no one will call you.

$24k is about right. if u enjoy something why not if u can afford it

why do you prefer the XR5?
    Ive never driven one.....

He likes 5 cylinders

Seriously, I like them too. Never driven one. Would like too. Can't imagine they'd have the pull of an MPS. Must be the handing...

Good luck with the sale mate.

Im sure you'll get 24k or more for your car.

Redbook | 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

* Private Price Guide $26,900 - $29,800
    * Trade In Price Guide $22,200 - $25,100
    * Average Km 30,000 - 50,000

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    He likes 5 cylinders

Seriously, I like them too. Never driven one. Would like too. Can't imagine they'd have the pull of an MPS. Must be the handing...

Good luck with the sale mate.
    -the handling? it's pretty much the same car. same chassis. same suspension. same ability. I know some people don't want to hear it and some people won't believe it. there really isn't all that much difference between the two. they also go almost the same even though the power says otherwise. I've tried many a time to chase xr5's around through well known areas and neither of us have really had all that much on the other at any time. (ok a little on a straight but really a little)

I must admit I miss my car but I wouldn't sell up get a focus and then come back. I don't have that much $$ to burn.
    " if you can't beat 'em join 'em"

New car : FPV FG F6 310

that redbook is for normal mps

mine is the MPS sports
    redbook says private sale is $30,000 - 33,500

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post

mine is the MPS sports
    Sorry, wasn't sure, went for worst case value for the standard 3MPS. Sweet, even better!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

you will find it very hard to get near 30k when gen2 mps are selling around 33k..seen 2 down here 33k and 32k one lux, one pov

You might get like 27 - 29 maybe but just remember they gotta pay government charges onto of what they pay you... So you pocket maybe 25 they still pay like 28.

And when some dealers are selling them for 29,000ish drive away + warranty its hard for private sale to match.

I sold my mps sports s couple of weeks ago. Very low 20's. Your kidding yourself if you think you can get more

Mps ftw

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    I sold my mps sports s couple of weeks ago. Very low 20's. Your kidding yourself if you think you can get more
    I think you right if you wanted a quick sale, definitely go low 20's but if its low km and in really nice condition I think it could sell for 24 - 27ish grand, but you would have to wait a while for the right buyer to come around... Also depends on the other cars on the market.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post

mine is the MPS sports
    redbook is only a guide.. im my personal opinion its not worth the paper its written on..! have a look at what redbook says for a mps6 and see what ppl on car sales are advertising for ? (18 - 25k )

you can try and get 30 - 33k for a gen1 but you will be waiting for the perfect buyer !since you can get a gen2 for 32-33k these days its going to be difficult..
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack