User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRL - Daytime running light

Default DRL - Daytime running light

I have been toying with the idea of some DLR for the front of the MPS. I know it is no Audi, but i actually like the look of the led setups. I dont have the gonads to pull the front headlight assermbley to put them in there so it got me thinking about other options.

1) wrapped around the corner on a little black shroud that sticks out below the bumber:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2) on the same shroud but more in the central part of the front bumber where there is a little recess: (problem with this spot is it puts em quite close together)

3) Somewhere along side the foglights in the black part. More so in an up/down direction than accross, problem is it makes that section very busy:

Anyway I welcome thought and any other options on where to put em.

Cheers
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

I just replaced my foglights with LED lights instead. Sits behind the glass but it's not a light globe/foglight so all good.

Is that ok by the law though? In wa ur not allowed to have foggies on. That is an interesting point if you replace the globe however. Might have to look into that

I looked into this as well. Problem is there really aren't too many level areas on the front of the car, unlike a golf which has nice square brake ducts, I.e Golf R.

There was a new member recently who had blue led parkers in a Aluminum Gen II. He placed them at the corner of the "mouth" where it's closest to the head lights. Not a bad spot.

It's not easy on the Gen II face. Good luck.

I think the no fog light rule is everywhere now but led lights are fine. You'll be fine however you may still get pulled over ( unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    I just replaced my foglights with LED lights instead. Sits behind the glass but it's not a light globe/foglight so all good.
    I really like the sound of this. Is there a LED light that fits or do you need to adapt it somehow?

Gone to Volvo

Led's as daytime running lights seem to be all the rage at the moment..I intalled some over the weekend on the bottom section of my headlights. And another member has been tryin to squeeze them in between the headlight and the bumper!!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...eadlights.html

I got HB4 style LED's. i think it had like 64 LED's or something. Looks great! got matching parkers and number plate lights. whole lot was only around $25.

replacing the foggy globe with LED could be the go by the look of it. Interesting what the cops would have to say about it tho.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    Led's as daytime running lights seem to be all the rage at the moment..I intalled some over the weekend on the bottom section of my headlights. And another member has been tryin to squeeze them in between the headlight and the bumper!!

You got pics ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Still messin around with exactly where I want to position them on the lower section of the headlight..But I'll post some pics of where they are at the moment

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    You got pics ?

Good effort....looks impressive

those are pretty funky! I like

14. Default

You'll have to excuse the dirty car and dodgy pic from my phone, but these are mine. Strip sits between headlight and bumper.

Looks great IMHO.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post

I have been experimenting with driving LED's as seen in the quoted link.
    It has been a little costly as I have been trying to get the LED's between the bumper and light the whole way across the bottom as seen in the link.
    The one pictured went in the whole way first time. The drivers side has gone in 3 times and has broken on install each time
    I am now going to do both lights just past the second water jet before it starts bending around (this is where it's been breaking)

I'm told by friends it looks better not going all the way around the bottom edge anyway.

Hey Timbo, what do you reckon?

Option 1

Option 2

I like Option 2...

...and who needs Fog lights in QLD anyway

I found this Hella product in Europe:
    http://www.daytime-running-light.com...DayFlex_EN.pdf

They're European Standard aftermarket DRL's.

Option 1 is exactly what I was thinking. Any chance of chopping in the ones that run horizontal under the front bar?

i fitted led globes to the parkers and the number plate lights, however unfortunetly i ordered the wrong style led globe for replacing the foggies. I needed H11 but got the wrong ones.

BTW the led parkers look sensational.

If the led globes in the foggie lens still a bit to much like a foggy, then a strip of LEd for running lights will be the go.
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 18-09-2010 at 10:46 PM.

This is what Ive got, but looking for more powerful LEDs such that they stand out a bit more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04924.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	5566  

Well....im the only Gen1 with them i guess..

rather easy to do on Gen1...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast