User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What annoys you about your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Some weird complaints, but I guess there's no pleasing some....
    - Horn is deeper than most cars on the road, and way better than the tinny peep you get out of most, even such machines as Landcrusiers. The only improvement would be Maserati air-horns, but not really required unless travelling long distance at high speeds on autostradas all the time; fat chance of that in this country.
    - Seating position? Must be some 7-footers here with 6" arms. What are you, Thalidomide babies? How can you not get a Mazda electric seat and fully adjustable height + rake steering to fit you?
    They have MPS 3's Doug, Gen I - no electric seat and both Gen I + II have pathetic horns, nothing like our MPS 6 Man Horns
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    hehe, sounds like most people, car mod places must love post-tax time
    downpipe & rear engine mount are top of my list as well, depending on how much i get back (or not...) in that order...
    I have a Best Mufflers DP, 2XS FMIC, 2XS Short Shifter plate, 2XS Intake, and the CP-E rear mount ready to be ordered. Just gotta wait for the coin... : S
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    They have MPS 3's Doug, Gen I - no electric seat and both Gen I + II have pathetic horns, nothing like our MPS 6 Man Horns
    oh god yes... the 3MPS's have an awful horn (gen 1's at least...)
    someone cut me off the other day, and it was the first time ive actually used it... it's the most embarressing thing ever! i used it and was like "? what the hell was that?"
    i dont think i'll be using my horn again any time soon... it's so pathetic....
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hi SARCASTIC, Yes after I'd written that I realized we were all talking of different cars. So folks shouldn't take it too personally. There was some tongue in cheek anyway. Some tiddlers have weird horns and even weirder seating.

Then it's time for air-horns. Nothing like a small car with air-horns so powerful they'll stop the car! Makes folk look twice. I had genuine Maserati air horns on my motorbike once - I had replaced them on my car with a new set, so I recycled the old ones which were still very serviceable onto my old K2 Honda 4. The effect on road-wallies was magic!

Yes, you're right, at least the MPS6 came with decent peremptory sound that says "stand aside or lose a limb!"
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

5. Default

stand aside or lose a limb ... love it

it's all good doug

the 3MPS (at least mine) is sort of a "excuse me, can you please move out of the way? no? ok, i'll just sit here patiently and wait" it sounded like i had stepped on a mouse and put a microphone in front of it

7. Default

Squeaks and creaks from the dash/windscreen area.. annoying! http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...squeaking.html

Smaller niggles include...

Some occaisional hesitation lower in the rev range 2nd, 3rd
    Not enough room around the top of the clutch pedal when depressed - I have to depress the clutch with my toes otherwise the front of my shoe fouls before the pedal hits the ground - yes I have big feet (also depends on the shoe...)
    Wandering cruise control at times (somewhat used to this from owning a subaru though)
    No "Shortest vs Quickest" option in the SATNAV

Other that that love the car!

3MPS, that hesitation is your ECU saying "listen bud, do you really want the turbo to spool up, or are you just stretching your right leg?"

I've found that near the critical rpm at which the turbo starts to generate meaningful boost (2200-2500rpm), you need to be a bit "right-foot aware" and think, do I press on and initiate this launch, or do I maintain a steady setting? I experience what might be taken as a small hesitation but it feels more like the engine uncoiling itself like a cat about to spring when I goose the throttle.

BTW, I've driven with lots of folks, particularly automatic drivers (and foreign taxi drivers are notorious for it for some reason) who pump the throttle constantly. God knows what their fuel consumption is like! Auto's have been the worst thing for driving discipline, IMHO.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    stand aside or lose a limb ... love it
    +1 hahahahahahaha

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

3MPS, that hesitation is your ECU saying "listen bud, do you really want the turbo to spool up, or are you just stretching your right leg?"

I've found that near the critical rpm at which the turbo starts to generate meaningful boost (2200-2500rpm), you need to be a bit "right-foot aware" and think, do I press on and initiate this launch, or do I maintain a steady setting? I experience what might be taken as a small hesitation but it feels more like the engine uncoiling itself like a cat about to spring when I goose the throttle.

BTW, I've driven with lots of folks, particularly automatic drivers (and foreign taxi drivers are notorious for it for some reason) who pump the throttle constantly. God knows what their fuel consumption is like! Auto's have been the worst thing for driving discipline, IMHO.
    Like a cat??? Good analogy(?), but I'd say more like 'coiled like a rattlesnake'. lol

I LOVE my rattlesnake...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Then it's time for air-horns. Nothing like a small car with air-horns so powerful they'll stop the car! Makes folk look twice. I had genuine Maserati air horns on my motorbike once - I had replaced them on my car with a new set, so I recycled the old ones which were still very serviceable onto my old K2 Honda 4. The effect on road-wallies was magic!
    that reminds me, I've got a set of airhorns I should put in my 3, that never got used for my last car
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Funny to read about the whimpy horn I never ever use it most drivers or people just get out of the way perhaps they hear madaz coming . The squeaky drivers seat is an issue I just thought it was because i'm a fat barstard

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    The squeaky drivers seat is an issue I just thought it was because i'm a fat barstard]
    oh I definitely am, and mine squeaks.

You know the seat squeak can be fixed by spraying silicone spray on the base of the seatbelt stalk..

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    You know the seat squeak can be fixed by spraying silicone spray on the base of the seatbelt stalk..
    Many thanks Bradsta

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

No probs

I wonder if the hesitation that he's referring to is the same hesitation that has been documented by many MPS owners around the world? It's a defect but the cause is still not known so there is no known solution. Not all MPS's have it, but for those people who do have it there is no mistaking it for a normal characteristic of the PCM. I'd be very interested to know if this defect has been carried over to the gen2.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I wonder if the hesitation that he's referring to is the same hesitation that has been documented by many MPS owners around the world? It's a defect but the cause is still not known so there is no known solution. Not all MPS's have it, but for those people who do have it there is no mistaking it for a normal characteristic of the PCM. I'd be very interested to know if this defect has been carried over to the gen2.
    Interestingly since I removed the CAI and went back to a stock airbox the hesitation has gone though it definitely is very asthmatic after 5000rpm now
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

The new stock ECU tuning from the Horsepower Factory will clear all that up... :P

Since the gearbox has now been fixed my only complaints would be the stumble that has just been mentioned- i got told it's most likely to be fuel pump by mazda. the next would be the position of the pedals in relation to each other....

I get the seat just right for great clutch feel but then i'm a bit too close to the throttle.. only notice it on longer drives when my knee starts to hurt...

Why does the pedal have to come up so high? it's drive by wire.. couldn't they have made it sit better???
    " if you can't beat 'em join 'em"

New car : FPV FG F6 310

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Biggest annoyance?
    1. The buzzer telling me the keys are still in the ignition when the door is open. So I can't play the stereo (in accessories mode) with the drivers door open without the 'BING BING BING..."
    That is REALLY ANNOYING!!! Cleaned my flatmates 2004 - 3 Maxx Sport on the weekend and realised it does this!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    oh god yes... the 3MPS's have an awful horn (gen 1's at least...)
    someone cut me off the other day, and it was the first time ive actually used it... it's the most embarressing thing ever! i used it and was like "? what the hell was that?"
    i dont think i'll be using my horn again any time soon... it's so pathetic....
    I was a little like this at first too SO. It isn't the best but unfortunately, there are so many useless drivers out there that I feel the need to use mine frequently - hence my nickname - Leehoon. Case in point, last night when I YET AGAIN had not choice but to brake quite forcefully while I was on a round-a-bout - when will people learn to use these things properly!!!!!

Apologies for the OFFTOPICNESS rant........I love everything about my car, if I really had to pick something though, it would be the lack of a mute button. Unless there is one and I just haven't found it?!?!?!?!?!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast