User Tag List

Thread: Wiper Blades??

Default Wiper Blades??

Hey all,
    Been using the wipers a fair bit with this crappy Winter weather. Its probably time to change them as they are getting a bit streaky.....
    Just wondering what brands people have replaced their's with & what they cost....( i dont even want to guess what Mazda would charge)
    Cheers,
    Ad.

2. Default

I replaced the whole blade not just the rubber part with Bosch Aero Twin. You used to be able to get them at Supercheap but you cant anymore. They are great.

They do have another one there now which looks almost the same ... from memory they were about $30 - $40 each side

I would say silicone blades but the last pair I got were squeaky as anything. I have had the graphite twin blade before and they weren't too bad. The packaged ones always tend to cost more though. Sometimes the cheap normal ones work the best but come summer they just go hard and brittle due to sun damage. I would say maybe look into a graphite blade, possibly a single edge or a twin if you wish, but that's my recommendation and not necessary the only answer. Also see a few other responses to what people prefer as it's been a while since I've purchased a new set of blades. Check the size before you buy though. On the 6 I believe its 6mm on one side and 8mm on the other (stupid!) You will most likely need two packets to replenish all the blades on a 3MPS and you can get away with one packet for the 6 if its a multi-fit blade. It helps if you use a detergent of sorts in your washer bottle although I wouldn't recommend it. Definitely DO NOT go to Mazda or get blades fitted at any mechanic. They will charge $10 minimum and put 50c blades they buy bulk of

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    I replaced the whole blade not just the rubber part with Bosch Aero Twin.
    So you replaced the whole arm? How come? I was keen on getting the arm's with the spoilers on them but decided against it. Instead I took my wiper arms off and sprayed them anti-rust gloss black for a fresh brand new gloss look. Looks pretty good. Bosch blades aren't too bad though, maybe you can buy just the blade itself somewhere or online.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

5. Default

yeh it came with the whole blade part, its not the arm, they connect to the end of the arm replacing the bit that sits against the window

Got ya! For some reason I thought the arm was replaced. How was it for a colour match with the arm? I think the arm is black but slightly faded, I'm guessing the blade would have been gloss black? Steel?

+1 on the Bosch Aerotwins - having trouble finding them though now s/cheap doesn't stock them.

I don't know much about where specifically you guys are located but visit and click on the "dealer locator" up the top

Bosch - Aerotwin Wiper Blades

Places such as AutoBarn, Repco and apparently still Supercheap (but maybe the website has not been updated as it is no longer a regular link in Supercheap stock)

Repco have their own branded wiper blade that looks the same as the bosch aero twin, currently have it them on atm. They work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post

Bosch - Aerotwin Wiper Blades
    I replaced my wipers with Aero Twins about 3 mths after I purchased the car after realising how crap the original arms and blades were.

They are the same type of wiper blade as fitted standard to XR5 and R32 and the reason they work and last like they do is that the wiper blade has downward pressure across the whole blade not just where the wiper arms clip on as in the stock item.

All that said find them and put them on 300% improvement over stock wipers.
    I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.........Groucho Marx

These are a universal fit then?

12. Default

yeh if you look on the link that was put up to them they clip on quite easilt to the end of the wiper arm, you just have to get the right length for your windscreen .. Ive had mine on for ages now and they are great

Blog Entries

I should have gotten these when Mazda said they had to replace my blades...damn...I might get some in the near future cause my blades still leave a "smudge" right in my drivers view

Great discussion. So sick of wiper blades smudging all over the place.. So hopefully I can find some of these somewhere. Or at least the graphite ones that Rogwick mentioned

Anyone know if the Mazda 3 BK wipers are the same as the BL wipers?

I have put these on my MPS in the UK and they are superb. Far better than OEM. Cheap as well.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Sorry. Here's the link#

Mazda 3 2008 Wiper Blades

hey guys, I bought some bosch ones from this place Trade Parts - Quality Parts at Wholesale Prices!, the cost of the blades are very good $20 but the shipping is steep unfortunately ($23 couriered). if you buy in bulk (or group buy) it would be better. excellent service however and aussie too

the blades themselfs are awesome, would never go back. plus they look good too

part numbers BBA530 and BBA450

18. Default

Hey guys, 2 weeks ago I bought wiper blades and water pump for my Toyota Corolla at Mecanica:
    (Quality Automotive Parts - Mecanica.)

After signing in, I got like a 30% discount, free freight and got my parts in less than a week. The parts are from Bosch, but a really low price!

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    hey guys, I bought some bosch ones from this place Trade Parts - Quality Parts at Wholesale Prices!, the cost of the blades are very good $20 but the shipping is steep unfortunately ($23 couriered). if you buy in bulk (or group buy) it would be better. excellent service however and aussie too

the blades themselfs are awesome, would never go back. plus they look good too

part numbers BBA530 and BBA450

19. Default Burson's have them...

I just purchased a pair of the Bosch aerotwin from Bursons. I think it worked out to b/n $50-$55 for the pair. There was also another aftermarket brand there which were a few $$$'s cheaper (about $23/$24 per blade).

Repco have their version of these, but they were $40+ for each blade. Even with current 25% discount, they worked out to about $65 for a pair.

I also found hotcarstuff.com.au sells them for $48/pair + $4 postage.
    http://www.hotcarstuff.com.au/store/...er-blades.html