User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st. or 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Lol rino he is talking about launching the car not normal driving
    Yeh I know!!! I've looked at this for days and decided to put my 2 shillings in ... I love my cars to thrash them Justin, I keep telling my brother that he's mad doing it to his car. All he wants to do is fine another .3 of a second to breaking the 10sec 1/4 mile.....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 26-03-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Or if you get a good enough clutch, 2nd and drop at the limiter ! But no guarantee's on your box surviving more than one launch,if it even survives one. .

For normal starts, use 2nd gear only in low load situations or you will fry your clutch in short order. Ease it out very gently until it is rolling nicely, then feed in more herbs. Or only if on anything more that a slight down-slope.

I'd like to see a taller 2nd, it's too close to 1st.

For faster launches, use 1st to get rolling only to where 2nd is capable of pulling strongly, about 3,000 - 3,500, then a quick change into 2nd.

I see little sense in revving to 6,000rpm in normal tune and mod's. Peak torque is at ~5,000. The step between each gear (except 5th-6th) is only 500rpm. That leads me to conclude that a max of 5,500 would see the engine's power being used more effectively.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    The following mods have been done by MPS Garage. Most of the products made by CPE. BOV. Down pipe. Turbo inlet pipe. FMIC. 3 pod dash mount with oil pressure, volt meter and boost gauges. Stand Back with harness. Barone short throw gear change. 4 Pauter con rods, {No. 4 was bent}. 4 new pistons, {No. 4 had a defect} and a CAI.
    that is a shopping list and a half!!! musst have spent a bit of cashola there. be interesting to hear what u get on the dyno. nice work
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12