User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: navigation in gen2 mps

Default navigation in gen2 mps

i have been asked a question by a friend and i didn't know so i thought i would ask here.is the navigation display in the mps only in 2d or can it be changed to 3d.meaning is it only viewed from top or can you change it to street view? cheers

as far as I know satnav 2 d only unless I have been doing something wrong with mine. If so I am sure I will find out soon enough.

Only in 2d, no street view. I use it quiet alot, it is probably on par with a 400 dollar tom tom, it knows 95% of stuff but still makes stupid decisions every once in a while.

Once my car is out of warranty i am thinking of flashing the GPS so it can do more things..Maybe lol

you must be able to update it through mazda you would think?

5. Default

Hi all,

I just had my MPS for its first 1000k service today and I asked about updating the GPS s/ware and apparently an update is going to be available in june/july. There will be 2 updates per year - done through Mazda.

Hello has anyone updated the maps in the gen 2?? If yes how and how much?? Thanks

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

Good question, I would also like to know this.

When I drove to QLD my SatNav had NO IDEA what it was doing with all the recent roadworks along the Pacific Highway.

I just had a read on the whereis site that is linked in another topic and it appears Mazda will not releasing or supporting any updates. So not sure what that means for us. Do we just have to stick with the very out dated maps??

Surely there is a way to do this ourselves and put it on the memory card.

Asked Mazda awhile ago, got told that you need to take out the SD card for the GPS and upgrade it by "buying" it from whereis.com. I haven't actually had a go yet but did look up whereis.com and it seemed to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Asked Mazda awhile ago, got told that you need to take out the SD card for the GPS and upgrade it by "buying" it from whereis.com. I haven't actually had a go yet but did look up whereis.com and it seemed to be legit.
    After a quick google for "whereis map updates, gps", and clicking through the selections, I found this:

Whereis® | Buy Sat Nav Map Updates | Mazda - Sensis

It's a bit pricey IMO, especially given you could basically buy a whole new GPS for that amount. Might do it further down the track unless it can be done cheaper.

They will figure out why nobody is buying it soon enough.

You can buy the TomTom App for your iPhone for like $60 and that has map updates about 3-4 times a year. For free as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    They will figure out why nobody is buying it soon enough.

You can buy the TomTom App for your iPhone for like $60 and that has map updates about 3-4 times a year. For free as well.
    Can I make that give me directions through the radio??

Queenslands Bossy Bitch

On the maps through whereis - anyone consider doing a group buy of the SD card?- it's $295 for the map update, but if 30 of us contribute, that's only $10 each... not sure if it will work that way or not though, but $295 is a rort for a map udpdate.

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    On the maps through whereis - anyone consider doing a group buy of the SD card?- it's $295 for the map update, but if 30 of us contribute, that's only $10 each... not sure if it will work that way or not though, but $295 is a rort for a map udpdate.
    I think that $295 is for one map licence only. So you wouldn't be able to just pass the SD card to someone else and let them update as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    I think that $295 is for one map licence only. So you wouldn't be able to just pass the SD card to someone else and let them update as well.
    Yeah I imagine it is, though if I wonder if there is anything "locking" the licence to only one unit...

The satnav wont work without the SD card inserted so you can't pass around a single card and have it update to the unit then pass it on. If someone figures out a way to extract the files and duplicate the SD card however.....

Anyone use the free iPhone whereis maps?

18. Default

Mine never takes me on toll roads, i have gone through the options to see if i can selects toll roads but can't seem to find it, it's a 2012 mps.

Default navigation in gen2 mps

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Mine never takes me on toll roads, i have gone through the options to see if i can selects toll roads but can't seem to find it, it's a 2012 mps.
    I have the 2012 you can definitely change it! Might be time to pull out the old user manual but it's in the settings.
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    There is a trick to this. I came unstuck with the same thing.

It's not available as a global option. ie You have to start a guidance/trip. Then edit the trip and select the options within the trip. You'll see it. Toll roads, ferries etc
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast