Never allow autobarn to do an install in my car

Check!
    Ask Sensei....
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Would never dream of anybody working in these places to play with ANY of my cars..... No Way..... Lesson to be learnt......

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Yes Ward we know how much you love Mazda and OT but you coming to the Dyno day????
    Now dont be nasty, I still own a Mazda

As far as the dyno day, ill come, but not putting my baby on the rollers - no need really, I dont care what cars pull these days... Its not about the power, its all about the driving pleasure - and I already get plenty of that behind the wheel

nicley said wardski!!!

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

ohh... and im NEVER EVER modifying a road car again!!

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

like mazda said to me yesterday, 'mazda spend millions on producing a car, then people come along alond toy with them and they wonder why things go wrong'
    in my head i was like... wow got a point there buddy!!!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Ask Sensei....
    Yep...Sensei 2XS is less dodgy
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Blog Entries

Meh stock is boring...always thought it and always will.

Ward...pleasure behind the wheel hey? So you keep a box of tissues in the centre console hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    like mazda said to me yesterday, 'mazda spend millions on producing a car, then people come along alond toy with them and they wonder why things go wrong'
    Meh!

How is installing some gauges toying with the car, you just picked the wrong people to install them, thats all.

As for other mods, is pretty much replacing the chepo Mazda parts for some quality stuff.

Playing with the ECU is a diferent story but again if its done by the right people and you are not trashing the car every day of the week at every set of traffic lights you should be alright.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Meh stock is boring...always thought it and always will.

Ward...pleasure behind the wheel hey? So you keep a box of tissues in the centre console hehe
    and the KY

Blog Entries

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Meh!

How is installing some gauges toying with the car, you just picked the wrong people to install them, thats all.

As for other mods, is pretty much replacing the chepo Mazda parts for some quality stuff.

Playing with the ECU is a diferent story but again if its done by the right people and you are not trashing the car every day of the week at every set of traffic lights you should be alright.
    Wise words Nirvski. I fully agree. I think I've said this before in another thread.

However, I disagree with Mazda tho about the "mazda spend millions on producing a car, then people come along alond toy with them and they wonder why things go wrong"

Sure they do spend $$$$$$$'s of dollars in R&D, but the issues speak louder than words, especially when simple things like blown turbos carries on from Gen 1 thru to Gen 2...........

Mazda spends millions producing cars, then their dealer service mechanics spend hours fcuking them up

yeah, doesnt make you want to take your car to them

13. Default

I really think it depends... The guys at Oldmac Cleveland were good to me.. maybe it was because my MPS3 looked new everytime it went in, maybe because I knew the head mechanic and the service manager very well.

Its all hit n miss really. All i can say is, that if you find someone who does an honest job, stick with them.. They wont get it right 100% of the time (maybe 75%), but thats got to be better than 25%.

NASA, mate you've learnt your lesson from this experience. When i had my gauges done, I told all brissvegas boys to go APC Racing. Laino, myself and a few others went there and they did a brilliant job.

You'd have to be insane to have Autobarn to do anything really...

We have a slogan at Caltex - "if you do it cheap, you end up doing it twice". Cheaper isnt necessarilly better. That goes for anything really, including the pi$$ heads at Autobarn.
    Last edited by Wardski; 15-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Blog Entries

***UPDATE***
    I apparently DONT have anything wrong with my car!!
    Just a hose that leaks and has now been fixed!

the guy there said she was a fine machine!!
    aaannnd my gearstick knob is on its way!!!
    yeewwww!!
    total $ for todays 80k service ended up at $560!!
    ill pick it up tomorrow credit card in hand!!
    Final conclusion of a warped head!!
    Unoffical qUote of $3000
    no warranty
    currently in talks with autobarn!!

Didn't Mazda just say there was nothing else wrong???
    Mazda replaced the hose?
    Which one failed?
    Was the gauge connected to this particular hose?

And then they compromise the build quality to be produced at a certain price bracket. Or to suit emmisions, hence the cat so close to the turbo.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Blog Entries

Wow Mazda sounds like they dropped the ball and had the apprentice have a look at your car the first time round!

Well look at my car 85000km old and only major failure ive had was a CV joint replaced by mazda - parts and labour (when the car was out of warranty) and my car has heaps of mods...far from stock.

But invest in good parts and quality workmanship is the way to go and things normally go well.

I think it has more to do with who services/mods the car and wrong place at the wrong time.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    especially when simple things like blown turbos carries on from Gen 1 thru to Gen 2...........
    Huh!

Howdy Wardinski.....has a Gen 2 gone POP already!? I hadn't heard anything about this elsewhere on the forum and wondered whether you knew someone who had suffered this fate, or was this just a generalisation?

I had hoped that even though the engines are fundimantally identical, Mazda would have addressed any known turbo "weakness" in the current model. Sorry if I digress from the original thread.

Sorry to hear about your woes NASA, what a sucky situation. I hope someone takes ownership of the problem soon and everything gets sorted for you. Cheers

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    Well look at my car 85000km old and only major failure ive had was a CV joint replaced by mazda - parts and labour (when the car was out of warranty) and my car has heaps of mods...far from stock.

But invest in good parts and quality workmanship is the way to go and things normally go well.

I think it has more to do with who services/mods the car and wrong place at the wrong time.
    Hey mate, where in Sydney do you get your car serviced, and is it a Mazda dealer?

A copy of the story

At Easter I purchased a triple gauge dash pod for the mazda3!
    I initially took them to a friend but said he couldn’t install,
    I turned to you guys for professional service and a guarantee!

There initially was no issue, and was happy with the new addition.
    After a trip to Sydney I took the car to Mazda for a routine service, and did mention the car seemed to be getting slightly hot on highway driving.
    After they looked at what was wrong, Mazda tell me they wouldn’t have to fix the problem because of the aftermarket gauges installed. The reason, Mazda said the hose’s were not refitted correctly.
    They suggested that I take the car back to where I got them installed and get it repaired there!
    Once I took the car back to Autobarn there was no problem at all getting them checked out! The staff didn’t waste any time in doing so and I felt like I was being well looked after!! After the repair I was told that the leak had been completely fixed and the car was fine to drive, I was told the hose was tapped up really tightly and shouldn’t have any more problems.

The problem again arose when the car once again got extremely hot out on a drive, we pulled over and found residue was all over the internal part
    of the engine bay with a strong smell of coolant! After that trip we decided to leave the car at home until we had it checked over to avoid further damage occurring.
    We then had the car looked over buy 3 other independent people, (RACQ, a private mechanic and friends,)they checked for what we thought was a cracked head, or to see why there was a strong exhaust/oil smell coming from the coolant reservoir which arised soon after overheating. 2 of the 3 confirmed a cracked/warped head and 1 was not too sure!!
    Once again we took got back in touch with Mazda, and mentioned to them of the problem we had been told by the independent professionals, we told them beforehand that the car still had a problem with overheating. After getting Mazda to look at the car they initially said the car was fine, they happily handed us the keys back to the car and told us that they had fixed the leaking hose which was causing the problem. We took the car for one day and realized the car was still leaking and overheating, after taking it back at the start of this week to get the proper tests we initially asked for they finally admitted it was confirmed a warped cylinder head. The car is still currently at Mazda in springwood until further notice.
    Estimated unofficial quote buy Mazda was $2500 - $3000
    have told Autobarn.
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast