Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dealer Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Dealer: Garry & Warren Smith Mazda Mulgrave
    Service Interval: 80,000km
    Service Rating: 10/10
    Value: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10

Ok so many points that apply to so many threads but is thought I'd start here

Justan and the staff @ GWS Mazda are awesome. Attention to details and they all make sure they listen to everything you say

New Pirelli PZero Rosso tyre fitted and removed a pair of slicks from my old 18" rims for me. Balanced, aligned and straight as a die

Clunk in the front was fixed with greasing the front struts. Some

Rattle in the back tail gate, fixed. Found a loose boot replaced, loctite and done again

Pollen filter changed. Filthy !!

Transmission fluid replaced. As recommended and stated previously we had a long chat and the put in Penrite Progear 75w85 and OMG. I've never really had any issues, but the gear changes are like butter!! Wonderful

I bought my own oil Nulon 10w40 and they were happy to use it. No qualms and no resistance

I trust no one else to service my car. Price doesn't matter to me when you have service like that!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Is it a requirement to change the transmission fluid and coolant @ 80,000kms?

In the manuals it says replace coolant but nothing about transmission fluid or I could be wrong. But when i called GWS, they advised only Engine, oil filter, Brake fluid and pollen filter...

By any chance do you the cost of this service and a breakdown of the parts/labour?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

I replaced the transmission fluid as I was not happy with the wongwong noise or the way it changed gears

Was recommended to change to Penrite 75w85 and never looked back

I can't remember to cost, it was part of the service so it's hard to break it up, but I wold say buying the fluid yourself, would save you a bit of money and from reading on the forums, not too hard to change yourself

I replaced the transmission fluid as I was not happy with the wongwong noise or the way it changed gears

Was recommended to change to Penrite 75w85 and never looked back

I can't remember to cost, it was part of the service so it's hard to break it up, but I wold say buying the fluid yourself, would save you a bit of money and from reading on the forums, not too hard to change yourself
    Ok. What is this wongwong noise and the way the gearbox feels?

I like the gearbox and how smooth it is.

The only thing I can pick up on is i hear a bit of a slight knock upon changing gears and releasing the clutch. Unsure what this is but I gotten used to it to accept it.

The other thing is the crunching. It will sometimes slightly crunch into second or third upon slow gear changes.

What ive noticed - If I change gears at a faster speed then it changes gears very smoothly and almost hear or feel no crunch.

Is this what you are referring to and did the transmission fluid help?

DO you know if there is a DIY to check fluid and/or replace fluid?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

This is hard to describe over text

All I know is that once my trans fluid was changed, it was like butter

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8322

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Ok. What is this wongwong noise and the way the gearbox feels?

I like the gearbox and how smooth it is.

The only thing I can pick up on is i hear a bit of a slight knock upon changing gears and releasing the clutch. Unsure what this is but I gotten used to it to accept it.

The other thing is the crunching. It will sometimes slightly crunch into second or third upon slow gear changes.

What ive noticed - If I change gears at a faster speed then it changes gears very smoothly and almost hear or feel no crunch.

Is this what you are referring to and did the transmission fluid help?

DO you know if there is a DIY to check fluid and/or replace fluid?
    Mazda 3 MPS 60-100mph - YouTube

around 9-10s into this video you can hear a bit of wong wong going on. I'm nearly on full lock turning to the right, but it happens to the left too
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

This is hard to describe over text

All I know is that once my trans fluid was changed, it was like butter

The definitive gearbox oil thread
    Thanks for that. Man, now this has got me researching on the thing I dont even know about it!

TBH - The gearbox IMO is fine and is pretty smooth the way it is. If at cold or slow changes ive worked a way on how not to make it grind.

The only thing that I can think of that may make it smoother it possibly upgrading the rear engine mount? Have you done this at all?

Anyway this has gone off topic, I appreciate the dealer info.
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

REM is definitely something that will help

State: VIC
    Dealer: Garry Warren Smith Mazda (GWS)
    Service interval: 80 000 km
    Date: 28/10/13
    Price: $505
    Service rating: 7/10
    Value: 8/10
    Overall: 7/10
    Note: Engine oil and fog light provided by me

I've been going to this dealer for my last 3 services and they haven't been letting me down. One main reason is the service manager named Justan. So I booked my service through him and at the same time requested that my passenger fog light be replaced - he remembered my car from then on and gave me the quote from the previous service (see my last dealer review) - straight forward and easy.

Rocking up on service day - Justan was on annual leave - darn it. No worries from Justan's end - he had left notes on my service sheet and the fog light replacement went smoothly. The rest of the service - well - let me say that I missed Justan's customer service. Not to say that the guys there on the day was bad, they were quite professional (too professional at times) - its just that Justan's level of service sets the bar really high and you felt that he always welcomed and paid close attention to you whereas from the others you were just another customer.

Examples:
    Requested for them not to replace the pollen filter - replaced despite me saying so

Had them look at my rear passenger side suspension - the initial service manager just wasnt as interested in asking me about the problem - like when did the problem start? - I had to volunteer that information myself whereas if it were Justan, he would be all over me asking characteristics about the problem.

Summary
    Good overall professional service but now I've experienced better - I'll make sure that particular service manager is there before booking my car in. Cheers

Default Dealer Review Thread

+1 for Justan. Super guy and I don't go unless he is there

Done that before and it won't happen again
    He isn't allowed to leave
    Last edited by slixx; 04-11-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Agree... @slixx - i didnt know he was on annual leave then - they don't volunteer information like that to us (then said - how do you know if he's gonna be there that day?)

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Agree... @slixx - i didnt know he was on annual leave then - they don't volunteer information like that to us (then said - how do you know if he's gonna be there that day?)
    I just make sure when I'm booking with him! Haha

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I've regrettably been going to the Mazda in Frankston .. went to the GWS in Mulgrave and I'm delighted. 140k service was due and at the start of the day I had a list of clunking, crunching and bell ringing type problems that have all been remedied at no extra service cost. Additionally they engineered a heatshield that I had destroyed when replacing my downpipe and they've custom cut it and wrapped it around shit to fit like a glove .. seriously put a smile on my face as I wasn't expecting that.

The only thing that annoyed me was their choice of semi-synthetic oil but I'll just bring my Nulon next time. Thanks for the recommendation guys!

And I didn't even meet Justin.
    BNR S1 - Cobb SRI (boxed) - CS TIP - CP-e DP - Turbosmart BOV - JBR Mounts
    '06 3 MPS.

Bumpski - any new reviews?

Here is one.

State: NSW
    Dealer: TomKerr @ Ryde
    Service interval: 60k
    Date: 20/07/2015
    Price: $578 - rotation and alignment, additional request to change gearbox oil, diagnose engine light (due to earlier bad fuel).
    Service rating: 9/10. Ask for Trent. He does well to keep you informed and they do it well. Not the cheapest service but I added a few extra bits to do. Will go there again.
    Overall: 9/10

State: VIC
    Dealer: Garry Warren Smith Mazda (GWS) - Note: Ferntree Gully not Mulgrave
    Service interval: 110 000 km
    Date: Aug 2015
    Price: $250
    Service rating: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10

Engine oil supplied by myself with no issues

Another great service from Justan!! Unfortunately, he has been transferred from the Mulgrave branch to Ferntree Gully which meant another extra 30 min trek from where I live.

I had issues with my JBR Rear sway bar with something breaking with a loud "Twang" and then constant clunking over rough terrain thereafter for about a week. Noted to be the RSB's bracket had sheared right off. Justan offered to refit the stock RSB as I had the stock original one still with me while trying to sort the warranty for the JBR (no extra charge). As I was walking in to pick up the car, I saw Justan getting his hands dirty in the garage refitting wheels onto another customer's car. Apparently they were short on that day and Justan put his manager position aside and like one of the boys, just got on with the tools. Not a surprise given that Justan knows whats the go with my car everytime I questioned him about a certain area of the car.

Even despite that day I had to take the train an hour there and back just to get my car serviced, I was happy to do so. I initially was told that the courtesy car had a daily charge and was seriously contemplating if bringing my car to be serviced after this one would mean the same trek back and fro. Justan read my mind and apologised when I came to pick the car up, saying that from the next service onwards that the courtesy car will be complimentary without charge for me except for the reduction in excess charge. Great customer service from this man and will be bringing my car back to him despite the minor hiccups of this service.

Seriously, if any of you ppl with MPSes in Melbourne are looking for a dealer based service (or even a non dealer based service)...I and @slixx trust this man with our pride and joy and time and time again he has gone above and beyond for us.

100% agree with @mech81
    Totally worth the drive

That reminds me, I have to call Justan to book me in!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234