User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy a MPS?

After loosing my 2 prized HSV GTO's , Green one was std with sunroof and auto with 255Kw and the yellow was 370Kw Manual. I was ready to replace them with a 2006 Model after the big Divorce and the cost of fuel was getting to $1.90 with talk it was going to get to $2.
    I remembered 12 months early I was invited to Qld raceway after purchasing a Mazda turbo ute to drive their performance cars and I was impressed with the MPS3 so I cancelled the cheque for the GTO and drove straight to Grand Prix and neg a deal and loving it but I do still miss the V8 but the MPS3 has been more fun and the cops don't look as much. I have attached some photo's of my pride and joys I had to get rid of....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car Photo's 026.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	1054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000055.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	1055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000781.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	1056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rinos Gto Boot.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	1057  
    Last edited by 240MPS; 06-08-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Got tired of getting pulled over by the police every week when i had my 04 WRX...... so i sold it and was going to get the GTI GOlf but i wasnt going to wait 9months for it.... so my brother talked me into taking the MPS for a drive.. and i ended buying it that afternoon... and never had a single problem with it (touches wood).

Smile WHY /WHY NOT mr harvey norman

I am pro mazda anyway i live in cairns and had never seen a mps,after reading motor mag bang for your bucks with the mps 3 caning all the other hot hatches i ventured in to the local dealer test drove an Aurora blu mps ,went back and ordered one i could have bought the car i drove but i wanted the sport pak option ,had to wait 6 weeks for madaz . by then there were 3 other 3mps,s in town 1red 1 black 1 cosmic blu it was luv at 1st sight madaz has by far exceeded my expectations im stoked. in cairns now 2years later there are around 6 mps 6,s/10 3mps,s gen 1 3 gen 2 1silver 1black 1 maroony/red because of pathetic resale value ill be holding on to madaz to death do us part PS the world,s hottest production hatch why would u buy anything else
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 14-08-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kranky View Post
    Got tired of getting pulled over by the police every week when i had my 04 WRX...... so i sold it and was going to get the GTI GOlf but i wasnt going to wait 9months for it.... so my brother talked me into taking the MPS for a drive.. and i ended buying it that afternoon... and never had a single problem with it (touches wood).
    Loving your RX3 you got some more pics of it ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Cus I drove Lainos and Duggies, and thought.. "I gots to gets me one of these"

Albeit, new shape...

Because I cannot afford anything else

Default me too

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Because I cannot afford anything else

Yeah ,but u got the king of hot hachees it don,t get much betta trust me col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Loving your RX3 you got some more pics of it ?
    not really.... only got progress shots of it while im building it... still not finished but not far off.. just have to stop being lazy and work on it...

Just got the new 3 MPS.
    I previously owned an R100 with a 13B bridgeport. Also have a MX-5 for the g/f and also owned a 6 MZR-CD.

I bought the 3 MPS because it is unique and ticked all my boxes

Congratulations

Great move!

Nice to hear

The yellow has that Look at Me...

it floats my boat...

The EO XR5 was on a 4 month wait....

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I'm buying an MPS 6 because its just damn sexy! (and its not a FWD hatch!)

That bulge in the bonnet looks hawwwt and the interior is just spot on for a car like that. AWD and getting thrown back in your seat when you put your foot down did it for me in the end.

Oh and the sunroof. I like those.

My SP23 has been faithful for me for that past 2 years though and will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by tomo89aus View Post
    I'm buying an MPS 6 because its just damn sexy! (and its not a FWD hatch!)

That bulge in the bonnet looks hawwwt and the interior is just spot on for a car like that. AWD and getting thrown back in your seat when you put your foot down did it for me in the end.

Oh and the sunroof. I like those.

My SP23 has been faithful for me for that past 2 years though and will be missed
    tomo! Good to see another MPS6 owner on board (or soon to be) I did the same thing 2 1/2 years ago, upgraded from an 04 SP23 to my MPS, great car you'll love it
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

It gets me hard

I bought one after a fair bit of procrastination. Over the past 6 months had driven the:
    1. Golf Gti - Too common and new model was coming out
    2. 207 GTi - A bit small and still has the sloppy 5spd gearbox from the 206 Gti
    3. Megane 225 - Don't think I could live with the styling.. inside or out
    4. Clio R26 - Uncomfortable and basic

Cos I really like my Sp23 I was not prepared to part with it for the above, I just wanted something with more power..... figured best off then to buy a new MPS then.

19. Default

Because I didn't want to be a "Oh look at me, I drive a **Insert Golf/Renault/etc** - so I'm so great..." Euro Crap! ... Just give me a Tin Box Shopping trolley with a turbo charged engine and I'll be happy.

Yeah, main reason is that stupid Honda didn't bring in the FD2R...

I have always liked that Mazda have a certain controversial air about them and the new 3 certainly lives up to that attitude. Love a car that divides peoples opinions etc

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast