User Tag List

Thread: Boost controller

Default Boost controller

Hey has anyone added the wastegate boost controller solenoid thing? A friend of mne suggested it but i have no clue, what does it do? Does it require a tune? What gains will you get?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

You've got one stock, it's how your turbo is controlled...

You can get aftermarket ones, but they don't do much for stock turbo unless you're really running it to the ragged edge...

If you run them in 3 port they do require a tune, in 2 port they don't, but it will also do nothing in terms of performance

If you want power, get a tune. Worry about a new boost controller ONLY when you have installed flow mods (3" intake, exhaust, intercooler etc), retuned and STILL cant hit the boost targets you command. You should be well over stock power levels by the time that occurs. Happened for me on an oldish K04 (at Canberra elevation) at around 17 psi above 5500rpm, now holds 19+ to the red line with a 3 port.

If you have a means of logging (AP, Versatuner etc) you can actually see exactly when your boost controller cant keep up when you see Boost drop below what your tune commands but Wastegate Duty Cycle is pegged at 100%

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!