User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i gonna blow it up?

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Keep your shifting between 5 and 6 k when you are having fun - no more because you strain your engine for no real benefit. These cars were really made to stick around in 3rd / 4th when having fun - try not to drop into 2nd when hammering around.

Also, the mps6 is more about spirited hill driving then straight line speed

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    What's wrong with hammering it in second?

*referring to mps 6*
    At 2nd with no mods or tune you don't really get the full power of the engine or turbo, so you are basically being inefficient - the car pulls much harder in 3rd then second as you produce more torque, and you have a much wider band of kw to use as well.

Do whatever you want, but I take it easy in 1,2 have lots of fun in 3,4 and cruise in 5,6.

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

3. Default

Thanks for the replies everyone, ive noticed 3rd really does pull harder thsn 1st or 2nd.
    During spirited driving i prefer to be watching the road and focusing on people around me. If there is any and use the engine noise/feeling of the car to know when to change. As its a new car i hadn't figured all that out yet.

Have to figure it all out again soon anyway coz intake and exhaust is getting done after Christmas. I can't handle having such a quiet car. Altho my neighbours probably love it as i get up for work @3am

Quote Originally Posted by JaseMPS6 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone, ive noticed 3rd really does pull harder thsn 1st or 2nd.
    During spirited driving i prefer to be watching the road and focusing on people around me. If there is any and use the engine noise/feeling of the car to know when to change. As its a new car i hadn't figured all that out yet.

Have to figure it all out again soon anyway coz intake and exhaust is getting done after Christmas. I can't handle having such a quiet car. Although my neighbours probably love it as i get up for work @3am
    Boost is limited in 1st and 2nd as standard that's why you feel a lack of power.

You'll be able to feel the right time to change as the boost cuts off somewhere around 5.5/6K rpm.

I think the boost limit in 1st and 2nd only applies to the 3? Happy to be corrected if wrong

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    Boost is limited in 1st and 2nd as standard that's why you feel a lack of power.

You'll be able to feel the right time to change as the boost cuts off somewhere around 5.5/6K rpm.
    Only on the 3mps

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    I think the boost limit in 1st and 2nd only applies to the 3? Happy to be corrected if wrong
    You are correct

Current mods:
    CorkSport SRI, TIP & Airbox
    Cobb Access Port

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    Only on the 3mps

You are correct
    Why the same feeling on a 6 then?

Sent from my Xperia Z

Its probably because the power curve peaks at 5.5k and tails off after that

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    Why the same feeling on a 6 then?

Sent from my Xperia Z
    Because we're bigger, heavier and drive all 4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    Because we're bigger, heavier and drive all 4 wheels
    Cool story. So it magically feels fast in third?

Sent from my Xperia Z

Mazda limited the boost in 1-2 on all of them because the motor / diff mounts are made of soggy cheese from factory and couldn't handle the delivery. Flash a hypertech / AP, issue gone (probably along with mounts not that much longer after )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12