User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me out here gents!!

Be careful with the Koni FSD's.

There are least 3 models out there that resellers peddling to unsuspecting owners.
    2100-4039
    2100-4037
    2100-4045

Ask the reseller for the part number.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Be careful with the Koni FSD's.

There are least 3 models out there that resellers peddling to unsuspecting owners.
    2100-4039
    2100-4037
    2100-4045

Ask the reseller for the part number.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    I have Koni FSDs 2100-4045 with Eibach pro Springs on my GenII

Haven't had a problem, except for an install error on the bolts that fasten them to the body of the car
    When I had them installed, they used the OEM Mazda bolt to afix the shock to the car. As the Koni fixing point is wider, it just barely screwed in only hanging on by a couple of threads. Over time the thread wore out and let go. Got some longer bolt to fix this problem

Otherwise they have been great for me

Last edited by slixx; 22-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

4045 is the Mazda 5 ones.
    Which is the suggested MPS shocks as the rebound rate is slightly higher than the others

4. Default

Thanks gents, I think bc racing coilovers are looking decent at this stage. Any local or asian sellers?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

September 2012 I ordered and received these KONI FSDs : 2100-4037 for my 2010+ BL MPS 3 to compliment my existing EIBACH Pro Kit springs.
    These were ordered from a local and well known supplier here on this forum. (no names will be mentioned as yet)

Installed November 2012 @ 9,876klms.
    The vehicle has travelled 13,500klms as at 22nd July, 2013.

After much research, I have come to find out that this part number 2100-4037 isn't the correct part number for the 2010+ BL MPS.
    It is intact the correct part number for all non-MPS 2010+ BL Mazda 3s.

The correct part number for the 2010+ BL MPS 3 is : 2100-4039.
    The difference being a stiffer valve inside the shocks which KONI has found better suits the MPS model.

As Brad has mentioned, be careful what p/n you are being sold.
    Have I been sold the incorrect p/n...? Driving the car, I think I have.

I have written evidence from the KONI factory in the Netherlands to support the fact that I have and other members here on this forum can verify that the correct p/n 2100-4039 (or even 2100-4045) was definitely available at the time of purchase.
    Last edited by MUZZA; 22-07-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    September 2012 I ordered and received these KONI FSDs : 2100-4037 for my 2010+ BL MPS 3.
    These were ordered from a local and well known supplier on this forum.

Installed November 2012 @ 9,876klms.
    The vehicle has travelled 13,500klms as at 22nd July, 2013.
    After much research, I have come to find out that this part number 2100-4037 isn't the correct part number for the 2010+ BL MPS.

So what does that mean @MUZZA?
    Do you have any problems?

Have the company that installed them doing anything about it?

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Well Pete, this setup EIBACK Pro Kit and FSD 2100-4037, doesn't offer much comfort for a comfort/sport shock.
    The setup feels more like a sport setup. Then add in another passenger and then perhaps the passenger's luggage in the boot and the ride quality worsens.

On Saturday, with just me... just me, no passengers, no luggage, half a tank of fuel, I slowly, slowly (because that's how I feel I have to drive the car now) down a dead end side street, over a Bris City Council patch in the road, the kind where they cut a trench, lay some piping and re-lay the asphalt, so the surface change was only about one inch, and it felt like I drove over a speed bump.

The car juts and dances over small bumps and undulations in road surfaces even at low speeds, that you would hop back out and look at, and think, WOW, that bump wasn't half as bad as it just felt in the car.

The shocks don't feel like they are dampening anything.

I am urrently in the process of working out something with the supplier I purchased these from.
    I don't believe I should be out of pocket for any of this. We all trust these resellers as they are the experts and should know what parts are for what vehicle.
    (can't say too much more than that for now. Perhaps later if need be.)
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    Well Pete, this setup EIBACK Pro Kit and FSD 2100-4037, doesn't offer much comfort for a comfort/sport shock.
    The setup feels more like a sport setup. Then add in another passenger and then perhaps the passenger's luggage in the boot and the ride quality worsens.

On Saturday, with just me... just me, no passengers, no luggage, half a tank of fuel, I slowly, slowly (because that's how I feel I have to drive the car now) down a dead end side street, over a Bris City Council patch in the road, the kind where they cut a trench, lay some piping and re-lay the asphalt, so the surface change was only about one inch, and it felt like I drove over a speed bump.

The car juts and dances over small bumps and undulations in road surfaces even at low speeds, that you would hop back out and look at, and think, WOW, that bump wasn't half as bad as it just felt in the car.

The shocks don't feel like they are dampening anything.

I am urrently in the process of working out something with the supplier I purchased these from.
    I don't believe I should be out of pocket for any of this. We all trust these resellers as they are the experts and should know what parts are for what vehicle.
    (can't say too much more than that for now. Perhaps later if need be.)
    Sorry to hear mate. I've got not problems at all with my setup. I know mine say they are for a Mazda 5, but ride is good

I do hit the bumps stops sometimes, but the bump has to be a decent one for it to happen

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

9. Default

I think I'll buy BC racing coilovers for the car as it allows me to adjust the height.. ER or BR series??

Has anyone had any experience with them. Reviews look good on various forums..
    Last edited by gurusev; 24-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Digging up this thread cause a guy called Murray (same Muzza as on here?) is selling me his used Koni FSD shocks on gumtree. Part no. 2100-4037. With assurances that it will fit an MPS.

Now I am worried cause I have sent payment via Paypal but have only found this thread today.

Any ideas would be very helpful. Cheers

11. Default

Old FS thread.
    Likeley the same

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ord-focus.html
    well yeah technically it fits I guess. But as you have read...
    Ride quality..... Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    Digging up this thread cause a guy called Murray (same Muzza as on here?) is selling me his used Koni FSD shocks on gumtree. Part no. 2100-4037. With assurances that it will fit an MPS.

Now I am worried cause I have sent payment via Paypal but have only found this thread today.

Any ideas would be very helpful. Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123