User Tag List

Thread: Final check - will these fit? 18x9.5 + 30

Default Final check - will these fit? 18x9.5 + 30

Hi all,

Just wanted to see your opinions. Gen1 MPS3, wanting to run 18x9.5 +30 - will they fit?
    I'm fairly confident with a guard roll, stretched tyre, and slight camber i can get them in.

Thoughts?

Images below are 18x9.0 +30, which makes the 9.5" sit 6mm further out?

Either way... U'll need some hectic guard work lol...

they will fit !! just dial in the camber abit, and what size tyre u gonna run?

! Even Gen 2's can't fit like 9.5 +30s without some minimal guard work. Even with neg camber.

Guards will be rolled, and i'm okay with camber too - not wanting to pull the guards though. Scowering forums at the moment to see what others are running haha.

Clearance inside the guard, with a 9 or 9.5 won't be an issue will it?

edit: Tyre size? Probably looking at 235/40
    Last edited by bodyboardingbum; 17-04-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Yea don't get me wrong, i do like that sort of fitment. Although MPS's in general have a terrible offset from factory and it's not like a Nissan...But with that sorta fitment especially on a Gen 1 i'd imagine u'd need more than rolling the guards tho, itd be like a combination of all 3 - rolling, camber and pulling the guards... I was looking at a car on the states forum that was running Gen 2 with 8.5 30+ and he had to do some work to make them fit....

Anyways, good luck and let us know
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Thanks for the input, really appreciated. I know what you mean about Nissan offset, my previous car was an S13 and i could easily squeeze almost anything under there with a roll and some camber!
    Have found a good offer on the wheels i'm wanting, and they are custom made so i can choose any offset and width i want. Might be better going a 18x9 +35? Will continue to research.

At the end of the day, if i get the 18x9.5 +30 and they're too ridiculous - i'm confident i can sell for what i will have paid to a Nissan owner Otherwise, i'll just stop being a girl a do more guard work on the MPS to make them fit...

Bit the bullet, bought 18 x 9.0 +30 all round.
    This will be interesting!...

Lead time of 10-12 weeks from Japan, but gives me time to save for tyres and camber arms!

So assuming that MPS3 (Gen 1) rims are 18 x 7.0 +52, these new rims will:
    - have 3mm LESS inner clearance.
    - extend 47mm MORE outwards then stock.

Are you running coilovers? Because I would imagaine you will want a stiff set-up to stop the rim smashing the guards...

Certainly am running coilovers, with adjustable camber tops up front and all round dampener adjustable.
    Will have more suspension work by the time the wheels land and are ready for fitment, thinking i'll need rear camber arms at a minimum.

Guard rolling & pulling, camber arms and coilovers at a minimum...
    17x9+45 just fits with fat tire choice...
    I don't think you'll clear the front guards with 9.5 + 30

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Certainly am running coilovers, with adjustable camber tops up front and all round dampener adjustable.
    Will have more suspension work by the time the wheels land and are ready for fitment, thinking i'll need rear camber arms at a minimum.
    Why do you want to change? The gold ones you have now look good.

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    Why do you want to change? The gold ones you have now look good.
    That isn't his car. It's a Mazdaspeed3 from the states.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Bit the bullet, bought 18 x 9.0 +30 all round.
    This will be interesting!...

Lead time of 10-12 weeks from Japan, but gives me time to save for tyres and camber arms!
    Damn... that is some ballsy fitment! Keen to see how it fits/looks! Are we there yet??
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Damn... that is some ballsy fitment! Keen to see how it fits/looks! Are we there yet??
    Haha thanks! Time is dragging... but it gives me time to save for Tyres and camber arms!
    Looking forward to it.

Fitted my STi Lip on the weekend, so am almost done on the exterior/visual components.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.