Just ordered some 8000K's.
    Your going to blind people with 8000k

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    Just ordered some 8000K's.
    Poor night performance=RICE=Fail... Love that purple hue

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I have 8000k. Beautiful at night. Just ask @Yeldarb when I was chasing him up the rear I could see him just fine. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Your going to blind people with 8000k
    Interesting, why does the colour Change the direction of the light beams themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Poor night performance=RICE=Fail... Love that purple hue

They're not purple at all. They're more of a light blue colour and I use my high beams if it's an unlit road.

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Interesting, why does the colour Change the direction of the light beams themselves?
    I was about to say the same thing.

I've always enjoyed 4300-6000k lights

lights up road signs and such stupidly good

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    I've always enjoyed 4300-6000k lights

lights up road signs and such stupidly good
    Agree. That's as far as I'd go. Our eyes are more sensitive to this range, although 6000k is on the edge. Why do you think OEM are around 4300K.

In the city, you could drive with you lights off, so purple headlights, no worries. But in lower density areas where it's still impractical to use high bean, 8000K I personally think are a step too far and you'll wish you had your OEM'S back in.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Agree. That's as far as I'd go. Our eyes are more sensitive to this range, although 6000k is on the edge. Why do you think OEM are around 4300K.

In the city, you could drive with you lights off, so purple headlights, no worries. But in lower density areas where it's still impractical to use high bean, 8000K I personally think are a step too far and you'll wish you had your OEM'S back in.

I found the higher I went, it made it really hard to see at night time whilst raining(which I think someone else might have pointed that out) then people crack the shits due to your lights being too bright (a lot of 4x4 with 5 spotties on their cars around here) and not to mention you'd probably attract police attention

A quick google search shows which colour temps are illegal In Australia

When I got 4000k blue/white bulbs put into my low beams in my Mazda3, I had to "tell" them they were for offload use only, As legally supercheap auto weren't allowed to put them into my mazda (Please note just MY personal experience)

I'm assuming there's different laws to cars stock with HIDs and cars not stock with HIDs
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

@Zebbstar, could you post the link of the illegal lamp temps? I tried looking but all I got was American pages. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    @Zebbstar, could you post the link of the illegal lamp temps? I tried looking but all I got was American pages. Cheers
    Its usually anything over a blue tinge (so over roughly 5700-6000k) as these won't be ADR compliant and are usually for 'offroad' use I believe.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2009C00579
    Read that. Basically needs to be 'white'
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Hey guys, I just came across this and wanting to change my bulbs as well.
    I've got the D2S 6000k bulbs on hand but have no chance of getting behind the headlights.
    There has to be an easier way of changing them rather than taking the bumper off... Mazda told me today that it would've taken them 15mins each side!

6000k has been my favourite colour on all my previous cars.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 007MPS View Post
    Hey guys, I just came across this and wanting to change my bulbs as well.
    I've got the D2S 6000k bulbs on hand but have no chance of getting behind the headlights.
    There has to be an easier way of changing them rather than taking the bumper off... Mazda told me today that it would've taken them 15mins each side!

6000k has been my favourite colour on all my previous cars.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Sounds about right when you include the time to remove and re-fit the bumper.

I've had 8000K bulbs in mine for a while now, I've even been stopped by the traffic police and I'm glad to report there have been no issues, jus sayin.

I've got a gen II MPS. is it possible to just change the bulb without touching the ballast?

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I have a GenII Lux which comes with HiD Xenon headlights

I changed the bulbs to bright whiter colour

To change the bulbs you need to partially remove the front bumper and remove the whole headlight

No wonder Mazda charge $300 to replace a blown headlight bulb
    Mazda making things easy

Peter "SLIXX"
    I came here looking for a thread on how to install a new low beam bulb since mine seems to have blown, and this isn't the answer I was looking for, I'm not super keen on pulling apart the car to change a lightbulb

Looks like I'm going to have to avoid night driving until my next service is due.
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12