User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which exhaust brand to go with?

Gen 2 running a 2XS Racing DP, cat and full 3" system and Magnaflow muffler.
    Along with a stack of other 2XS stuff, of course.

Sounds aggressive! I like it, noisy in the cabin though or bearable?

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Most Downpipes do, but I know CORKSPORT do just a Downpipe which bolts to the stock mid-pipe.

Turbo Back is the whole exhaust, dump to tip...

I have a 3" custom exhaust that replaces all the exhaust besides the downpipe section. Deleting the Midpipe Cat Converter, Mid Resonator and Rear Muffler.
    Great value for money compared to buying off the shelf. the design of it is based on the CORKSPORT CBE:

So th eonly part of my exhaust left to replace is the Downpipe which will be changed to this:

Which will be complimented with a fuel pump and Stage 2 COBB
    shit thats gonna be heaps loud, u got a video?

Quote Originally Posted by sp258u View Post
    shit thats gonna be heaps loud, u got a video?
    I don't. It's not super loud, it's just right without being obnoxious (it's pretty loud on cold start)

I will be uploading a few pics and stuff when I install my RSB soon.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Sounds aggressive! I like it, noisy in the cabin though or bearable?
    Not loud at all, actually very sedate while cruising.
    Cold start is loud. @MPSBNE has this cat-back, just not my DP and cat.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Its the perfect mix of cruiser vs bruiser. Nice low note around town and in your face 'waaaarrrp' 'waaaarp' when you're really onto it. Sounds better than mine

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Not loud at all, actually very sedate while cruising.
    Cold start is loud. @MPSBNE has this cat-back, just not my DP and cat.
    That's cool. One of the guys had the Cp-E Stainless exhaust on his MPS6...sounded great, but couldn't take the drone as a daily.
    Cold start is fairly droney on my car also

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    That's cool. One of the guys had the Cp-E Stainless exhaust on his MPS6...sounded great, but couldn't take the drone as a daily.
    Cold start is fairly droney on my car also
    Ive got the cp-e ss on my 6, but it has 2 resonators in it, cruising its ok but yeah can get pretty droney when your on it. Will have to upload a clip.. I dunno how the yanks do it running no resonators, must be so loud
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

stock pipe, gutted mufflers and res and cat ftw! lol

Quote Originally Posted by COBB View Post
    stock pipe, gutted mufflers and res and cat ftw! lol
    U don't even own a Mps yet n u know it already. Well done mate

no i haven't bought one yet, mechanic told me they have a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust from factory that just need a straight muffler put in exchange of the factory one and a res/cat delete. Said to save $1000+ and do this for same gains...not sure if true but will give it a go first when i get the car i guess?? I heard a mps with full exhaust other day and it was just toooooo loud and sounded like a big fart.

no i haven't bought one yet, mechanic told me they have a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust from factory that just need a straight muffler put in exchange of the factory one and a res/cat delete. Said to save $1000+ and do this for same gains...not sure if true but will give it a go first when i get the car i guess?? I heard a mps with full exhaust other day and it was just toooooo loud and sounded like a big fart.
    At the end it's personal preference. U either go fast or go home.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

I heard a mps with full exhaust other day and it was just toooooo loud and sounded like a big fart.
    Don't u hate it when a sports car is just too loud. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    Don't u hate it when a sports car is just too loud. Lol
    Honda....?
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Vtec is just a fancy word that means - "this engine doesn't make power till 5000rpm"

I took this a couple of hours after I had my cat-back installed.

I had a video of the cabin noise but I'm not sure where it's disappeared to. If I find it I'll upload it.

Apart from the morning cold start, it's drone-less and quite quiet until you hit the go go juice.

DP is where the gains are. Start there.
    Gen 1, best mufflers or 2XS, Corksport is also well priced.
    Gen 2 is a different kettle of fish but troy or Corksport will be able to sort you.
    That's bang for buck.

If you want more sound and further minor gains replace the cat back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12