User Tag List

Thread: Anyone have a code reader I can borrow?

Default Anyone have a code reader I can borrow?

Hey guys got a Cel today after driving through some water, cleared it by disconnecting battery but it comes back under hard acceleration together with complete power cut, just want to check she's alright without paying Mazda hundreds to tell me lol.

Gold Coast / bris area

Where you at?

Helensvale. Probably don't need it now though. just took the cai out and there's water in the pipework and the maf is wet. I really hope no serious damage has been done.

I live at Coomera but at Robina atm if you're around here. Can txt me on 0417775097. @kpmps

I'd say some water has got on MAF Sensor dry it. Will it start now? or not at all
    Last edited by KFuNk; 28-12-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Default Re: Anyone have a code reader I can borrow?

There is a Meet tomorrow
    Can you get to it?

Bet you it's a MAF out of range error... Take MAF sensor off, and leave it off car for the night, put it back on, and see how it goes

Probably won't be making it too a meet tomorrow haha. Yeah it's all drying out now, I just don't know if I have done any more damage. The car is making three tick type noises when you start it that it was not doing prior.

When it first happened I was at full noise and hit a puddle I did not see, got DSC and then the CEL very quickly after, shut the car off, disconnected the battery to clear the CEL and nursed it home and it idled and ran fine. Tried to open it up on the highway but as soon as it started searching for more air it would cut the power and throw the CEL again. Anyway, got it home shut it down and started it again and got those three weird ticking noises. Shut it down and pulled the intake off to find a wet filter (through the pre filter!) and some water sitting in the intake piping up the top.

So that's the story so far, what more damage could I have done? what else should be taken off to inspect for water? any idea what those ticking noises could be?
    '06 True Red 3 MPS Sports. Stock!

Hope for your sake the motor have not ingested water.....that usually bends a rod. I would remove the whole intake system to check, there could be some other sensors that got wet as well, I unfortunately do not know the Mazda that good yet.

Good luck mate, keep us updated on your findings.

Mate, happy to help. I'm down the coast at Treasure Island Big 4 at Bigger Waters until the 2nd Jan.

You REALLY need to drop in tomorrow and meet up with us. We can give you all sorts of considered advice

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh yes the beauty of the CAI... Another example of why I hate them!

I hope your motor hasn't hydrolocked and broke something :S
    Can you record the noise and post it?
    Definitely take the whole intake piping off and check for more water or wetness dry it off

Where / what time is the meet tomorrow? I've got the old mans birthday tomorrow I'll have to work around.

DOOO IIIIT!

Sorry guys couldn't make it to the meet today, will definitely join the next one and come say hello when the car is going again.

No worries mate. I'm still at Southport until the 2nd Jan then back to Moorooka (Brisbane Southside). Happy to meet up if your still in need.

Thanks for the offer Yeldarb, ending up putting this through insurance. Ended up being no major damage but better safe than sorry, just got the car back today all running well again. Stock airbox is back for now lol.

Good to hear.

Try and come along to some events mate, in my signature below.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Not sure if this is resolved yet or not but I've got an ELM327 b/tooth adapter you can have for free. Think I can find the cd somewhere. It won't do airbag faults but it'll clear a CEL. I've got a few of these units because I'm writing software for it. The oem software is piss poor.