hey all,
I don't hang around this forum too much, but thought I'd share this review if you can call it that...I also have some queries.

I have a 05/06 MPS6, 115K kms on the clock. Was told by Melville Mazda (Perth) that I needed a clutch replacement a year ago...and they quoted me something stupid like $5K

researched a bit and clutch + flywheel kits in Aus were around the $1500 - $2000 range not including labour, so I ended up getting one online from a US store.
heres the link
Protege Garage - ACT Clutch and Flywheel Package - Mazdaspeed3 and Mazdaspeed6

seemed to get good reviews from mazdaspeed users.

Anyway my mates dad runs typreplus in mirrabooka and they installed it for $850...got the car back on monday and here what I have to share -

- clutch pressure - a lot heavier than stock. feels like I'm doing leg weights

- grip/pickup/acceleration - I'm not a racer boi/revving and dumping the clutch, but its much quicker and what I expect from a new clutch from previous experiences. I also don't have to drive like a sloth anymore.

- shudder/vibrations - now this is something I'm a bit unsure of. In first gear and idle, if I fully press down the clutch its fine, but even a smiggen released it shudders, its quite hard to balance with the revs. I haven't stalled it yet, but its a bit weird trying to get the balance right...especially in peak hour start stops + reversing. Also the whole car now vibrates in the higher gears if the revs are too low and I try to accelerate...is this because of the different flywheel?

Also I took my car to melville mazda today, for its 120K service (one day after picking up from clutch install) they have said it shudders and I should take it back for checking the clutch. They have also told me my engine mounts are gone (again!) are these the worst stock engine mounts available?
and some other issues such as CV joint leaking into the driveshaft/chain and is about to fail. This happens to be my last service under an extended warranty (swann insurance) who are picking up most of the bill - melville quoted me $3500 (I have to contribute $500 + $600 service). Seems like a whole load of bollocks and after this I'll be looking at taking my car somewhere else...

I'm just a bit paranoid about how expensive these cars may cost at this age...I've never had so many issues with parts but then again I'm a bit sus about the dealer ripping me off.