User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much (black) smoke do you blow?

Mine definately does and its a pain in the a$$ as my car is white and the rear bar will literally be covered in soot after one short drive after washing it lol

Default Re: How much (black) smoke do you blow?

It's useful against tailgaters.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by missjody9 View Post
    Well this morning department of transport was following me and pulled me over due to the large amount of black smoke coming out of exhaust. Went over the car with a fine tooth comb could not find anything to defect me for. My car is stock barring the magnaflow exhaust. Tried explaining they all run like this. He hooked it up to test emissions and still no defect. He was not happy but I was lol. Car was having a play in peak hour traffic so might have floored it here and there to get into other lanes etc.

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

Woah woah, a bit of off topic time - there are non-police vehicles that can pull you over?

Have I been living in a cave or something?

What happens if you don't stop for them as they're not police?
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Epa..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default How much (black) smoke do you blow?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Woah woah, a bit of off topic time - there are non-police vehicles that can pull you over?

They are department of transport vehicles. There job is to ensure you are roadworthy. They do road side set ups like the booze bus and also can stop you by flashing their lights. Not sure what would happen if you didn't stop. I never really thought about not stopping. When they do the road side set up they usually have police with them. At least I know this happens in QLD. Not sure about other states

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Day time you see best results but at night with a car behind can also work (through the headlight beams)
    Second that heading off the off ramp at night with a car very close and then booting it off.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

I've done a couple of tests over the last 2 days. 2nd/3rd gear WOT from about 20km/h to 100km/h to get onto the freeway on ramp near work.

I puff no black smoke. When I clean my exhaust tips during a car wash they are generally coated in soot though.

Well that almost seems strange since everyone else fuels up, mmmm. Do u have any engine mods?

Quote Originally Posted by mymps11 View Post
    Well that almost seems strange since everyone else fuels up, mmmm. Do u have any engine mods?
    Nope. My car is standard. I am about due for a service, but wouldn't have thought that would make a difference to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post

In qld they don't have rego inspections like we do in NSW. Only when you go to sell the car do you need one.
    They do have vehicle inspectors that drive around and can check your car at any time for road worthyness. And absolutely ream you if you fail.

Off topic, but i believe both systems are flawed. A combination of both would be best.
    Yearly inspections are a must, not any of this new, only when the car is older than 5 years stuff NSW has now. Its easy to make a car unsafe in less than 1 year, especially given the km some do, and the little amount of mechanical knowledge the average motorist has. Most wouldn't have a clue how to check their tyres (such things should be taught as part of getting your licence)
    Also random inspections like the Queensland system should also be allowed, should stop (well reduce) the number of people who make unsafe modifications, and change them rego inspection.

I do agree with the educating of general things like tyre pressures, tread depth etc. but lets face it 90% of rego inspections arnt followed correctly and even if they are its flawed, here's an example you cannot fail a rego if the car has no pads left in,it, yet an oil leak you can

Mine puffs good and proper. I enjoy giving tailgaters a smokescreen and watching them back off str8 away!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed since going on to Stage 1 Cobb AP, that it puffs a bit more and my exhaust tips get black quicker

Maybe with the extra go, my foot is a bit heavier?

Peter "SLIXX"

I remember once mashing the pedal up the on-ramp to the M1 at Juliette Street in Brisbane, but had to back it off, cus of a slow-moving Tractor (i think it was a Golf TDi)... Anyhow, once on the M1, put the foot down again (was well under 100km/hr)... car felt really sluggish... bogged down a bit, then all of a sudden, it spat out a whole heap of blackshit... covered the poor Golf... and the dissipation of smoke lasted ... a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    I remember once mashing the pedal up the on-ramp to the M1 at Juliette Street in Brisbane, but had to back it off, cus of a slow-moving Tractor (i think it was a Golf TDi)... Anyhow, once on the M1, put the foot down again (was well under 100km/hr)... car felt really sluggish... bogged down a bit, then all of a sudden, it spat out a whole heap of blackshit... covered the poor Golf... and the dissipation of smoke lasted ... a long time.
    It inhaled that Diesels dirty engine virus and had to spit it out!!!!
    !!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

my MPS6 puffs mega smoke on WOT launch, 2nd gear isn't too bad, I've booted it in 3/4/5 and had nil smoke. nada.

Since installing my 2XS DP, she is running a little richer than usual but I'm guessing in time it'll learn.

I was waiting at the light and I just gave this S2000 a black smoke screen behind me. He had the roof down. Poor guy!!!

It was huge. It was all black and he came straight thru it!! Oh well teach him for tailgating!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Yep, this one time (not at band camp!), was on the freeway, 4th gear going form 80 - 110, car hesitated a half second and vomited forth a ball of venomous black smoke all over the car behind me. I'd liken it to your car coughing up a hair ball. Never had it happen again, and that was probably 20,000kms ago.

I long ago gave up cleaning my exhaust tip...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12