User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outcome of CEL and Misfire on my Gen 2

That looks like mine, its pretty tight fit in there....

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Trying to figure out where the loom is myself, heres some pics of my intake.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3223840/Pho...y/IMG_1576.JPG
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3223840/Pho...y/IMG_1575.JPG

The TIP is sandwiched very tightly in between all the components there, no play in it at all. I wonder if that is likely to cause me any problems in the future. The clamps are all where they should be at least.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

wholey shit, that sucks total balls. sucks when problems like this occur due to modding. hope it'll fix the issues

this is a clear reminder that car needs to be taken even with the simplest of installs.

cars, just like women... love hate relationship

And if you have aftermarket TIP fitted you gotta be a lot more careful and paranoid as it leaves you with no room at all to play with. It can be a b!tch but you need to spend your time positioning the clamp's bolts as far as posible from any ECU wires.

I been checking mine once in a while since I heard of Justin dramas with SRI clamps rubbing on his ECU wires @Justin.

What kind of SRI did you have Andy?...what sort of clamps did it came with?

Sorry to hear, not my pocket but it hurts me just from reading
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Default Re: Outcome of CEL and Misfire on my Gen 2

MZR SRI.

I have got them to cut down down the bolt so when the new harness and ECU goes in, it shouldn't cause a issue in the future.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Just rotate the clamp so the bolt head is on the other side of the hose - closer to the cooler than ecu.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Just to play it safe, I would get them to fit a worm drive style hose clamp instead, assuming you had a t-bolt there before

Anyone got a pic of the exact part that the clamp is wearing against? I can't really tell what part it is on mine.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3223840/Pho...y/IMG_1576.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Just to play it safe, I would get them to fit a worm drive style hose clamp instead, assuming you had a t-bolt there before
    Pretty sure the mzr comes with worm clamps, mine did

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Reedy I have modded your photo, badly I must admit. I dont know if yours has a clamp where I have indicated on the photo but it looks like it does. Basically that clamp rubbed through the plastic covering the loom which is on the right where I have indicated and went through the wires as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reedy Modified.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	12401

It rubbed THROUGH the plastic case?
    HOLY SHIT!

Yep. Punched a hole straight through.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I have reversed the clamps on mine. CPE CAI and SURE TIP. I also added a double sided tape with a thick felt attached to one end between it. That way if it rubs it rubs against the felt not the plastic or harness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123