User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS3 exhaust

Default MS3 exhaust

I'm putting this out there, but dual tips seems to be a response to American style preferences.

Cost, no way, it a metal tube that lets exhaust gases out! I'm sure there's some science there, but all you done is give it a quicker path out. Don't stress!

Now, where are the rest of the pics of your car?

Default Re: MS3 exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEVIRUS View Post
    err..what do you mean by free'd it up a little ? in which part ?
    The Y piece causes turbulence in the exhaust.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

3. Default

yeah, for the time being its all good.. thanks for all the replies guys

Default MS3 exhaust

Can you post up any links to threads from other forums that don't like your exhaust? Might make good reading.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Can you post up any links to threads from other forums that don't like your exhaust? Might make good reading.
    oh im sorry,the post is already deleted but i've also sent an email both to CS and COBB guys to clear my thoughts n both replies that going to single exhaust would not be recommended as taking one of the exhaust tips off as it would be poor sound, and performance would likely be negatively affected. FYI, im not against any twin exhaust mod but for this, i was just trying to feel hows the ms3 gen2 with single exhaust.

They work (delete) fast! You entitled to do what you want and your opinion. They recommended against it CS/Cobb? Really? Just like singles going to twin for looks so vice versa. It would be better performance going to single as mentioned already. Strange.

oh im sorry,the post is already deleted but i've also sent an email both to CS and COBB guys to clear my thoughts n both replies that going to single exhaust would not be recommended as taking one of the exhaust tips off as it would be poor sound, and performance would likely be negatively affected. FYI, im not against any twin exhaust mod but for this, i was just trying to feel hows the ms3 gen2 with single exhaust.
    @poor sound, performance affected... Sorry but how?......
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Exactly, it's the same fcking motor for christ sake!

As for the now open space in your bumper... you could try this...

or you could run a 2012 MAzda3 Neo Sport rear bumper, single tail pipe!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 7.22.39 PM.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	12141

Default MS3 exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Exactly, it's the same fcking motor for christ sake!

As for the now open space in your bumper... you could try this...

Gold!!!
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

11. Default

I will sure to post the video, once i get the chance. As for COBB & CS, i do love their exhausts parts ,but as they said they didnt recommend me to get a single exhaust. im okay with that.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    @poor sound, performance affected... Sorry but how?......
    i dont have any ideas, thats why im looking for some answer..

Default MS3 exhaust

Is that because they don't sell single exhaust systems for the gen2?

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Is that because they don't sell single exhaust systems for the gen2?

Sent from my iPhone
    yeah,they don't. but i was just asking for their opinions only..

Twin pipe set up on gen 2 is all part of the 'refinements mods' mazda made going from gen 1 to gen 2.
    Smoother power delivery, less noise.....all actually = less power unfortunately. All you have done is turned your gen 2 set up into a gen 1 set up, smart idea and heaps cheaper. The reason gen 2 make good power when upgrading exhausts is because they have restricted the engine alot more then the gen 1's engine. Hence no point modding a gen 1 exhaust except maybe deleting a cat and putting in a straight through stainless muffler. all IMO of course..

Default MS3 exhaust

+1 ^

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    Twin pipe set up on gen 2 is all part of the 'refinements mods' mazda made going from gen 1 to gen 2.
    Smoother power delivery, less noise.....all actually = less power unfortunately. All you have done is turned your gen 2 set up into a gen 1 set up, smart idea and heaps cheaper. The reason gen 2 make good power when upgrading exhausts is because they have restricted the engine alot more then the gen 1's engine. Hence no point modding a gen 1 exhaust except maybe deleting a cat and putting in a straight through stainless muffler. all IMO of course..
    yeah, as i thought.. but havent done any dyno yet to prove that i gained anything from this mod.. would see about that later on..

I don't think there will be any conclusive gains, or loss for that matter. Cat back exhaust don't give the gains on or cars that others enjoy.
    However when my father was teaching mechanics he quite often put students cars on the dyno and did some before and afters.
    On every car (usually old v8) going to a duel exhaust sounded better but had less power than before
    Last edited by bd581; 29-08-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    I don't think there will be any conclusive gains, or loss for that matter. Cat back exhaust don't give the gains on or cars that others enjoy.
    However when my father was teaching mechanics he quite often put students cars on the dyno and did some before and afters.
    On every car (usually old v8) going to a duel exhaust sounded better but had less power than before
    cat back becomes a restriction when you upgrade the turbo
    guys in the states have picked up 10-20whp pretty consistently when swapping to aftermarket cat-back... (need 380-400+whp to start with though)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12