User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Dealer Experiences in NSW/My Shocking Experience

Default Mazda Dealer Experiences in NSW/My Shocking Experience

HI Guys,

I would like to tell you all about my experience with this Mazda dealership.

On my first 1000km service i left the dealership (First mistake) and went to the shops, on my way back I spotted my car getting thrashed down the street (Back dropped, black smoke from exhausts) my car clearly just got red-lined by someone other than myself with only 1000kms on it. I was extremely pissed. I went to the dealership, asked the service manager where my car was, he replied "I dont know", I ran back up to the street and waited for the guy to come back with my car, after 15minutes, the manager came back and told me my car was in the wash bay (Used a seperate entrance) and had been for the last 15 minutes (I was like , especially when I told them the car was not to be washed) I didnt say anything at the time, just got in my car and left.

On the first 10 000km service took the car back to the same dealership (Second mistake) and told them no one is test driving the car except for myself as last time I saw someone driving my car irratically "She denied and said, no way one of my guys would do that", I was like bullshit saw it with my own eyes, and then she came back with "No can do, my guy will be driving it but you can go with him", I was like but just went with it. I stayed at the service centre the whole time and saw a bunch of crap. One thing I saw was, a worker take a new mazda on a test drive but He left the fuel door open, and the cap on the roof and drove off, leaving the cap on the floor for me to pick up and the fuel door still open and kept driving, I was like !!.

I went on the test drive with the mechanic and although he didnt drive my car hard like last time he drove it on gravel and was swerving around like he was warming up the tyres on V8 supercars, I asked him what are you doing, I dont want stone chips, He came back with "I was checking for rattles" (I never complained of any rattles).
    We went back to the dealership, I paid the $300 and left, promising myself never to return to that dealership.
    I recieved a survery a couple of days later which i scored them 0 in everything and said I wont be retuning and this is why blah blah, still no reply and it has been months.

If you could please tell me where you take your car and how your experience was that'd be great as i want to find a new dealership to take my car, also If you can tell me a similar or worse story to mine i'd like to hear it. If anyone would like to know which dealership feel free to PM me because I would definately not be taking my car there.

Thanks all if you took the time to read, apprecaite it.
    Last edited by MATMPS; 02-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Horrible story.

I had similar experience (not as bad as yours) with my local Mazda and after my $1,000 and $10,000 service, its never been back to Mazda. I take it to Tunehouse. Their prices for normal servicing are heaps cheaper in comparison to Mazda.

I don’t need to go on about TH as the feedback here on OzMPS should be enough to give them a go.

I have to travel from Campbelltown to Marrickville..bit of a pain but well worth it.

Tom Kerr Mazda at north ryde has always done well by me and others...
    John (service manager) is a good bloke

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    Horrible story.

I had similar experience (not as bad as yours) with my local Mazda and after my $1,000 and $10,000 service, its never been back to Mazda. I take it to Tunehouse. Their prices for normal servicing are heaps cheaper in comparison to Mazda.

I don’t need to go on about TH as the feedback here on OzMPS should be enough to give them a go.

I have to travel from Campbelltown to Marrickville..bit of a pain but well worth it.
    My 50,000km service is coming up and have decided I will book in with tunehouse. Their workshop is immaculate and they seem to have looked after everyone who has used them on here
    Metro Grey '08 MPS Sports - Cobb SF SRI - 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF-1 - 245/40 Yoko AD08s - 163fwkw on Tunehouse Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by MATMPS View Post
    HI Guys,

I would like to tell you all about my experience with this Mazda dealership.

On my first 1000km service i left the dealership (First mistake) and went to the shops, on my way back I spotted my car getting thrashed down the street (Back dropped, black smoke from exhausts) my car clearly just got red-lined by someone other than myself with only 1000kms on it. I was extremely pissed. I went to the dealership, asked the service manager where my car was, he replied "I dont know", I ran back up to the street and waited for the guy to come back with my car, after 15minutes, the manager came back and told me my car was in the wash bay (Used a seperate entrance) and had been for the last 15 minutes (I was like , especially when I told them the car was not to be washed) I didnt say anything at the time, just got in my car and left.

On the first 10 000km service took the car back to the same dealership (Second mistake) and told them no one is test driving the car except for myself as last time I saw someone driving my car irratically "She denied and said, no way one of my guys would do that", I was like bullshit saw it with my own eyes, and then she came back with "No can do, my guy will be driving it but you can go with him", I was like but just went with it. I stayed at the service centre the whole time and saw a bunch of crap. One thing I saw was, a worker take a new mazda on a test drive but He left the fuel door open, and the cap on the roof and drove off, leaving the cap on the floor for me to pick up and the fuel door still open and kept driving, I was like !!.

I went on the test drive with the mechanic and although he didnt drive my car hard like last time he drove it on gravel and was swerving around like he was warming up the tyres on V8 supercars, I asked him what are you doing, I dont want stone chips, He came back with "I was checking for rattles" (I never complained of any rattles).
    We went back to the dealership, I paid the $300 and left, promising myself never to return to that dealership.
    I recieved a survery a couple of days later which i scored them 0 in everything and said I wont be retuning and this is why blah blah, still no reply and it has been months.

If you could please tell me where you take your car and how your experience was that'd be great as i want to find a new dealership to take my car, also If you can tell me a similar or worse story to mine i'd like to hear it. If anyone would like to know which dealership feel free to PM me because I would definately not be taking my car there.

Thanks all if you took the time to read, apprecaite it.
    Thats bullshit.... Have you gone to Mazda about it? They will listen esp if you tell them.... because of these events when your up for your next car u may be swayed to something else
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 02-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Thats bullshit.... Have you gone to Mazda about it? They will listen esp if you tell them.... because of these events when your up for your next car u may be swayed to something else
    Agree. Mazda Aus should be informed. That's reprehensible behaviour

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Did u take a pic of the car?.. this will show date and time

Good case in point for one of those gps/camera recorders like on the Corksport site. Irrefutable evidence. Would have shown time, path on a map, g-sensor readings and top speed - not to mention a video of the whole show!

Would be $200 well spent dollars to watch the service manager eat his lies.

Please read the dealer review thread

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Get this info to Mazda Australia. Get the mechanics' names and the Service Manager's name too. Detail as much as you can. If you don't take it higher, then you'll stay angry and those idiots will keep doing the same to other folk's cars.

You have seen the dealer review thread lol.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3059

That will help find a new dealer.. Full out the template for current dealer and report to mazda hq

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yepppp...
    That why i've been scared to take my car to mazda for a service... i asked a mate of mine who a mechanic for toyota if the mechanics thrash the cars after a service and he said "mate, if you took your car to toyota every single mechanic in the workshop would thrash it" lol
    so thats scared me away from these bigger mechanics, im taking my to a lil private workshop around my area this weekend for a service.... i doubt they will take it out while im sitting in the shop the whole time...

Was this by any chance your local dealership, I have had a good few run ins with them over the years ?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    yepppp...
    That why i've been scared to take my car to mazda for a service... i asked a mate of mine who a mechanic for toyota if the mechanics thrash the cars after a service and he said "mate, if you took your car to toyota every single mechanic in the workshop would thrash it" lol
    so thats scared me away from these bigger mechanics, im taking my to a lil private workshop around my area this weekend for a service.... i doubt they will take it out while im sitting in the shop the whole time...
    Not all, and the smaller mechanics are just as bad..
    Tom Kerr Mazda @ Ryde or Tunehouse are both great and reliable.

These are your friend when selecting a dealer/mechanic;

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ew-thread.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ll-states.html
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Was this by any chance your local dealership, I have had a good few run ins with them over the years ?
    Was not my Local dealership (Sutherland) if thats the one you were thinking. It would of been so easy to purchase from there but being a 20yr old at the time of purchase they didnt take me seriously and thought i was just a dreamer.

Name & Shame them so no-one else here gets the same treatment !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MATMPS View Post
    Was not my Local dealership (Sutherland) if thats the one you were thinking. It would of been so easy to purchase from there but being a 20yr old at the time of purchase they didnt take me seriously and thought i was just a dreamer.
    Trust me, that wasn't such a bad thing, I found the sales experience at Sutherland was second to none, very pleasant and they went out of their way to keep local customers.......until I had the displeasure of dealing with their service department.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Cant really believe u went back there after seeing your investment trashed. Probably to late now ,but contact the dealer principal, put it in writing and notify dealer that u are making an official complaint to Mazda Melbourne.
    Hold your cool,
    (Once bitten twice shy)
    If at all possible ,dont sign the form at service counter when leaving vehicles (these are a waiver) .Always right down your mileage before leaving car at dealer and if you dont trust them ,put a small mark on any part that is to be changed.
    Its a shame ,but you have to be aware at all times of pricks!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Trust me, that wasn't such a bad thing, I found the sales experience at Sutherland was second to none, very pleasant and they went out of their way to keep local customers.......until I had the displeasure of dealing with their service department.
    I had two sales reps telling me different things/prices etc like they were trying to steal the sale off each other, even quoting me a rediculous price, I had to show him his own Mazda website where the price of the MPS was atleast 3000 cheaper than he was saying. One of the idiots even said to me "Your only twenty, when will you have enough money to pay for the car/where you gunna get the money from", and started laughing, I kindly opened my wallet to $1000 for a deposit, told him thats a shame, ill take my money elsewhere and walked out. Now that they knew i was serious, they kept calling me asking when I was coming back in, to which i replied "I took my money to another dealership that took me seriously".

Ironically, that sounds very similar to my experience with a rather large family owned corporation in Sutherland...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast