User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying an MPS6.. need some advice

Problem is when someone research a car now they look at forums. On forums people post about problems. Rarely if ever do people post a thread saying that nothing his gone wrong with their car. That give the impression that some cars are worse than they really are.
    There are a good few MPS owners with quite high mileage, with only problems that would occur on any car with similar mileage.

That said, from the sounds of what your saying, the MPS might not be 100% suited to your and most importantly your wifes needs.
    And a happy wife is a happy life afterall

2. Default

we aren't quite at Wife status yet!

We ended up getting 08 Civic sport. So top model of that car, with leather, sunroof and all the good bits..

I agree with you saying that people do come to forums to hunt for cars and there issues. However i think that is also a wise move. Knowledge is power, and you dont want to make a purchase regardless of cheap or expensive and turn out to be something you dont want. I realise that if a few people get a strange random problem, thats to be expected and generally doesnt apply across the board, the issue comes when you look up an issue and its repeated constantly, or worse over several countries!

The MPS would have been suited to me, but not to her! It was ultimately her call, but the civic is still a fun car, has a nice Vtec 2L engine.

3. Default

Those Civics handle extremely well with a decent set of tyres. Good buy!

Please don't say you got it in black. If so, Via Con Dios.....

Honda paint is the worst paint to work with in terms of swirls and scratching. It's unbelievably soft. Nighthawk Black is the worst of all.

If you did get a dark colour, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting a ceramic polymer coating like Opticoat done if you want it to remain half decent in 6 months time

Aside from that, congrats on the buy
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Good choice, can't go wrong with the civic I would've said the price for the MPS is a bit steep.. I picked mine up from a dealer, drive away for 20 (couldve got it for 19 I reckon) with 75K on it and in very decent condition so you did the right thing
    Last edited by dazza; 20-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12