User Tag List

Thread: Mazda service?

Default Mazda service?

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone on here would know of any good mechanics or any good places to take my car to get a service. from melbourne south east.
    was thinking of taking it to mazda but not sure if they would rip me off or not.
    and any info on avrage standard price for a service my car is at 10,000km
    i would like a mechanic that put s in quality oils and stuff....
    anyway could anybody help me out??

thanks

Hey champ,

Let me direct you to this page.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ll-states.html

Lists all the reputable workshops that the members have been to.

I usually take mine to Penfolds Mazda in Hawthorn/Burwood. Their service centre has been good to me so far. I cant give u a 10,000km service cost as I bought my car 2nd hand

I'm personally moving away from Penfold Burwood. I've had two services there to date and they've been average at best at resolving some issues I had/have

- Squeaking driver's seat. Last service they sprayed WD40 EVERYWHERE. It took three days for the smell to dissipate, but the squeak was back five mins after leaving the service dept
    - Rattle in the front plastic scuttle tray. Have brought this up with them on BOTH services. The first time they said they'd fixed it (which I can tell they hadn't even undone the scuttle tray). The second time, after I told them there was actually a Mazda TSB on this, they said they needed to order the kit in (fair enough) and that they would contact me. That was nearly two months ago
    - Not updating ECU software. Last service, on the list, they said they checked for ECU updates and supposedly the car didn't need any. I know for a fact there has been at least one update released since my last service, which was the update for the cruise control cut-out issue. This was not done.

Have decided to give Garry and Warren Smith a go next service, as they're about 5mins away from where I work in Mulgrave.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I'm personally moving away from Penfold Burwood. I've had two services there to date and they've been average at best at resolving some issues I had/have

- Squeaking driver's seat. Last service they sprayed WD40 EVERYWHERE. It took three days for the smell to dissipate, but the squeak was back five mins after leaving the service dept
    - Rattle in the front plastic scuttle tray. Have brought this up with them on BOTH services. The first time they said they'd fixed it (which I can tell they hadn't even undone the scuttle tray). The second time, after I told them there was actually a Mazda TSB on this, they said they needed to order the kit in (fair enough) and that they would contact me. That was nearly two months ago
    - Not updating ECU software. Last service, on the list, they said they checked for ECU updates and supposedly the car didn't need any. I know for a fact there has been at least one update released since my last service, which was the update for the cruise control cut-out issue. This was not done.

Have decided to give Garry and Warren Smith a go next service, as they're about 5mins away from where I work in Mulgrave.
    I would have to agree on this, I was not overly impressed with their service, charging for washer fluid which was full and I know they did not even look at it and telling me the ECU was updated when it was not touched at all, mind you I can't say how they would go at replacing anything major since it was basically an oil change, I just wanted piece of mind since I didn't know when the car was last serviced exactly. 99% sure they didn't tighten chassis bolts which was on the list to do either.
    Last edited by dazza; 14-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Dan

See Justan at Garry Warren Smith. He is really great guy and has a friendly rivalry with Penfold Burwood, so he'll gladly help you out

Justan is really honest and has always made time to help and investigate any and all of my issues. He has always rang me with little updates and always enjoys having a look at mods I have done

Tell him Peter (Slixx) sent you!

Peter "SLIXX"

Cheers Pete. I thought he'd left G&W? Or am I thinking of someone else? Or am I just confused about the world in general and there are wolves after me?

No wolves mate. I walked in there to get my tank checked out and I saw him and said "Well look what the car dragged back!"

Apparently they promised him the world over at Nissan and produced nothing.

He was probably feeling very guilty as I gave him heaps when he said he was leaving!!!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Heheheh

He came back because he missed you.... isn't that sweet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I know not only do I get awesome service, but I get to give him a bit of shit everytime

Peter "SLIXX"

hey slixx,
    im pretty sure justan is the one that sold the car to me from mazda dealer on sprngvale rd,
    younger bloke?

Yeah
    But he is in service. Before he left and came back he was the service manager

Shaved head, now with a goatee

Really top bloke

Peter "SLIXX"

ahhh yeah not too sure if its him but will most likely go there this saturday to get the car serviced and ill see.... i live off springvale rd so its not too far for me either...

Say hi from me and ask him when my fuel tank is getting in from Mazda Japan

Can't stand my car sounding like an old Holden Ute

Peter "SLIXX"

Didn't know that their service was that poor Dan and xliquidx. I serviced in Burwood once and then Hawthorn for the others. Hawthorn treated me well but I didnt have much for them to go out of their way for.

Werribee mazda did the same trick to me as xliquidx and tried to cheat me off a new set of wipers for the back when I asked them to change my fronts. Told the service manager to bugger off as I knew my back set of wipers were still good.

Wish I lived near GWS. Heard from a humming bird that City Mazda cant be trusted either...

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xliquidx View Post
    I would have to agree on this, I was not overly impressed with their service, charging for washer fluid which was full and I know they did not even look at it and telling me the ECU was updated when it was not touched at all, mind you I can't say how they would go at replacing anything major since it was basically an oil change, I just wanted piece of mind since I didn't know when the car was last serviced exactly. 99% sure they didn't tighten chassis bolts which was on the list to do either.

I still keep in contact occasionally with the sales person at Penfold who sold me the car. Will pen an email to him in the next day or so telling him I plan to move my servicing arrangement and why.

I don't expect it will do much, but just as a courtesy as he's a pretty good guy.

went to glen waverley mazda today. say another black gen2 up on the hoist.
    anyway just to let other kno a service at 10,000km is $300 which i thought was a bit pricy, but the dude that sold the car to me told me i dont need a service untill 15,000km as it was serviced just before i bought it at the shop which was good news hehe....

Actually the price is about right then among the dealers...cuz the 20,000km is similar - mainly inspection point checks and some fluid change. Just went through my manual to check the next time mine needs a service

I used to take the MPS for some in between 5000km services outside the dealerships and even then it costs me around 190 bucks.

I just had my 40k done at Mazda Eurocars, total was $445. Handling seems a lot lighter now, almost deft to the touch. Still direct etc but yeah not quite light.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk