User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much KM's do you get out of a Tank?

Default How much KM's do you get out of a Tank?

Hey Guys,

Looked for a thread on this but couldnt find it.

I have just picked up a brand new Series 2 Gen2 3MPS.
    Just wondering how much Km's you guys get out of a tank of fuel.
    When i fill up it usually says between 650-720Kms till empty, although obviusly depending on how you drive it can drop quiet easily and quickly. I average between 450-500kms out of a tank (Which i am happy with for a turbo car).
    Was just wondering if Is this is normal, and what are you getting out of a tank.

Cheers,

I got a gen 1 (5L less per tank) I have gotten 650 (7-8L/100km) on a hwy drive, but around town (sydney) lucky to get better than 12L/100km

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Gen 1 around canberra I normally get about 510 to 520 before my light comes on. With a mix of driving. But not too much hammering

I have a GEN 2 MPS getting around 500km when light comes on using BP Ultimate. Lots of highway kms, trip computer tells me im averaging 8.5L

around 350 when light comes on.

from calcs.prolly average 550 out of full tank

mixed driving with nothing but BP ultimate since day one.

Yea, all seems pretty reasonable to me. I get roughly about the same, depends on how i drive. I'm abit of a mix highway, city person. Roughly get between 11.5-12L/100km. For those living in QLD, i've filled up a full tank before, drove to Queensland raceway, did an afternoon there and drove back to southside before the light came on. I thought that was pretty good effort considering all that driving and only did 1 tank.

Gen 2 and all I know is the missus when she drives arund town seems to be able to easily squeeze at least an extra 50+kms out of a tank compared to when I drive (around 420-450km's). Does not happen too often however have managed over 700km's on higway cruising but that is driving to the speed limit and sitting in 6th most of the time.

Am driving a gen 1 myself
    Usually I get around 475-530km till the light comes on - mixed of cruising and urban driving.

Only once got 630km from a tank and that was really "grannying" it around - neutral gear cruising to a red light or stop sign or downhill - really "dangerous" sort of driving - dunno how some guys manage 700km per tank though i know its possible.

i range 350-550 ks.. I do most country roads, i tend to give it some at times hence the big difference in milage lol
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 08-03-2012 at 10:10 PM.

~500km from ~50L.

Tend to fill up after the distance to empty gauge drops below 40km, which still leaves 10L in the tank. Talk about conservative setup there.

Estimate 600 odd km if I went to true empty.

I'm in a 6MPS and tend to get around about 500-550km. Bear in mind the majority of my driving at the moment is a 15 minute dash to work with little room for anything beyond cruising.

I've been monitoring my fuel consumption since I bought my car thru an app I bought

5/6/2010 - 10/3/2012
    47,481kms
    73.6kms/day
    11.50L/100kms
    478.2kms/tank
    $7855.82 of fuel spent

Only use 98RON fuel
    92.4% Shell VPower
    4.2% Shell E10
    3.4% BP Ultimate

Peter "SLIXX"

What app is that you use ? I would leave the money bit blank lol.

Road Trip
    iPhone app

Peter "SLIXX"

Gen 1. Most i got was 540km, least about 420km but usually around 480km, mix of highway and sitting in traffic

100% city driving in the MPS6 here. fuel light comes on at 420km roughly. computer says average 14.5l/100km

quite thirsty

Ice

400-450, fuel light comes on with a minimum of 10 litres in the tank, sometimes more like 14, which pretty conservative.

Fwy I have managed almost 700k's,

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

since AP i can watch the fuel guage go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    since AP i can watch the fuel guage go down.
    the again am going WOT much more than normal

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    the again am going WOT much more than normal

thats cos ur addicted to the boost :P
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast