User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrx vs mps

Default Wrx vs mps

Just a link i had a little read throguh on the WRX forums,
    seems like they aren't as biased as i thought they would be about their wrx's they are actually talking the mps up hehe anyway heres the link:

Impreza WRX Club Inc. Forum • View topic - WRX Vs MPS3

Interesting read. Some minor 'hatin there, but some pretty fair comments there for the most part

Impreza WRX Club Inc. Forum • View topic - WRX Vs MPS3

funny you should ask, HPF had a dyno day with mazda mps club on saturday.

In stock form they hit 160kw atw on hpf dyno
    Mine was there that day, in stock trim, and hit 170.9kw atw
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 13-12-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

You'll find most of this was true up until the MY09/MY10 CS10 WRX and newer. They have the STi trim turbo on them, have great performance and seem to be responding exceptionally well to light mods. From a standing start, you will get annihilated. As for all the versus talk, my car Dyno'ed 180FWKW (About 300HP at the fly) and in a straight line, is on par with any of the 317KW V8's (300C SRT8 and HSV R8). It's got FSD shocks, a HD Rear Sway bar and will keep up with or destroy just about anything in the mountains, including most bikes.

Now... Where's that Do Not Feed The Troll Smiley gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Now... Where's that Do Not Feed The Troll Smiley gone?
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I think the ultimate thing about WRX's is this...

How many guys do you see driving them, compared to chicks driving them? From my experience, it's always more chicks driving them - especially ones with horrible chromies and shit. Plus some of them have pink badges.

Just like SS Storm utes - WRX's have become chicks cars.

yess very interesting read thats why i thought id post it up here.
    and MADAUSSIE, you are completly correct hehe you got me thinking about your comment but yeah, these days every second wrx has a chick driver.... so true!!!
    and CAFFEINE FIEND, he was saying stock mps's were pulling 160KW ATW maybe he saw yours pull 170KW ATW and couldnt belive it was stick hehe.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post

Hmmm I don't agree.

I haven't seen any gender bias one way or the other with them. Maybe it's a different story in WA, but certainly in Vic that's not the case.

I think the WRX is a very good car. The only thing that stopped me taking it much more seriously when I was looking at the MPS was the fact that I got more creature comforts as standard in the MPS and the MPS was somewhat less common on the roads

im also in Vic and there is a hell of alot more girls driving wrx's these days... anyway i was looking also at the wrx 09 model the only reason i went for the MPS is because not everyone has a MPS i hate having the same car as all my mates lol

You guys are making a fairly large generalisation. In the later years many females have gotten into imports/modded cars, and to be honest I would say I know more female MPS owners than WRX owners. The truth is that now you'll notice a lot more females driving MPS/WRX/Skylines/Supras/Silvias/Falcons/HSVs and so on in general. Where once this used to be a scene dominated by males, it is now becoming a level playing field.

Ive always loved the boxer note on the wrx's. Also love the revised styling on the sedan but the interior is very disappointing.

Interior is a deal breaker, but AWD is a major positive in the wet, how often do i want to drive that hard in the wet where AWD will make a difference not very often... How often do i sit in the car when im driving, all the time.

Listen to a Racing Beat Mazdaspeed Exhaust on youtube the MZR motor can nearly sound like a WRX :P.

My favourite quote from that thread: "Also a guy i work with has a VE SS with 270kw and he drove a MPS 6 and said it would beat his SS with a rolling start no problems at all."

Although I don't understand why guys get hung up on meaningless chassis dyno numbers. They truly are meaningless numbers and give no indication as to how a car will perform. My 6MPS dyno'd 140kw atw on stock tune and stock turbo, yet consistently did 0-100 (Dashawk) times that were well under 5 sec and quicker than the published time for a 317kw HSV. Here's another example, I reduced the quarter mile time on a commodore I once owned by almost a full second by changing the diff ratio, that's nearly a second off at the drags with no increase in kw. Power numbers are not a reliable performance indicator and they are doubly meaningless when measured with a chassis dyno.

Anyway, back the WRX, yes they are the new Celica. Hairdressers love them. Saw one with a pink fluffy steering wheel cover the other day.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

Listen to a Racing Beat Mazdaspeed Exhaust on youtube the MZR motor can nearly sound like a WRX :P.
    With the Gen 2, out of Ultimate Racing, CP-e, Corksport and Magnaflow, I find magnaflow is the closest wrx sounding.

Get a 2xs manifold with differnt length pipes!! the different length mani pipes is what gives the boxer its note, i should record my gen1 cuz it sounds simular to the wrx.

The wrx has 2 header pipes that feed into one, these pipe are very different in length. one pipe is the width of the engine ie 1mtr (mesurements are illustration only not real mesuremnts) and the other VERY short comes out of teh header into the exhaust where the 2 pipes meet. So its the time delay in sound/timing that gives it that sound.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Many want Power not many hold it long.........

before buying the gen2 mps i looked at 2010/2011 wrx's and Golf GTi's, so i read through all the forums to see what to do what not to and $$ for mods strengths weakness's......

Stayed with MPS cuz i know it
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I drove the 07 WRX and really I wanted to like it since that's what I was originally going to trade my car in, but after driving it I really wasn't impressed. IMO it's a downgrade to the 3MPS hence why I ended up getting a 6MPS hehehehehe

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    I think the ultimate thing about WRX's is this...

How many guys do you see driving them, compared to chicks driving them? From my experience, it's always more chicks driving them - especially ones with horrible chromies and shit. Plus some of them have pink badges.

whats the gender of the driver got to do with anything

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    You'll find most of this was true up until the MY09/MY10 CS10 WRX and newer. They have the STi trim turbo on them, have great performance and seem to be responding exceptionally well to light mods. From a standing start, you will get annihilated.
    Very true Jeev the WRX has come full circle again if not more witht he improved power and torque, they really picked up their act with the styling and its hard to beat AWD being able to get the power down to the ground and not wasting it
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    whats the gender of the driver got to do with anything
    Quite a lot actually...

I can excuse a wrx with terrible wheels, obnoxious bov's and ridiculous bodykits if it's a chick - Always love seeing women with an interest in cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast