User Tag List

Thread: Insatlling heated Mirrors in 2011 MPS

Default Installing heated Mirrors in 2011 MPS

HI Everyone,

Just seeking some advice. I am considering purchasing the these:

08+ Mazda3 Mazdaspeed3 LED Blue Tint Convex Side Mirror Lens

They are the blue heated mirrors with the led turn arrow on the mirror as well. It is just the actual mirror that replaces the current mirror in the factory housing. I miss having heated mirrors. Anyway, I have been looking online and apparently in the US, even the cars that do not come with the heated mirrors as standard have the wiring in the plug for heated mirrors so they activate with the rear demister (with these replacement mirrors you need to splice the wires into the two that control the on and off). This would be relatively easy to do and even I could do that one.<br>

So just wondering if anyone knows if the AUS version comes with the wires there too. I know that its not an option for us but am just hoping that the wires are there like the US version (which they seem to be whether they have the heated mirrors or not) Much easier to do and would save me money. If the wires are not there, I would need to go to an auto electrician to have them wired into the rear demister. I guess I could take the cover off where the tweeters are near the mirror and look at the wiring, but thought I would ask first.
    Last edited by MikeyACT; 05-09-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Ermm keep us updated I wanna change mine to the blueish anti glare mirror too. But do u know how hard to remove n replace the mirror?

Kewl

any idea if this is possible on the MPS 6?

Take heaps of pics. Very interested. Thanks mike

Peter "SLIXX"

awesome mate , nothing better then doing it yourself, i like the idea of rear reflectors.

Nice work Mikey!!
    Looks good and nice right up mate..
    Now where are those frosty mornings... Only for the final test of course

Bugger mate, top effort though. Still love the arrows in the mirror!

Damn.. Ermm hopefully it is not that hard to wire up? Btw how hard to remove the rear reflectors? Any pics? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ra2o View Post
    Damn.. Ermm hopefully it is not that hard to wire up? Btw how hard to remove the rear reflectors? Any pics? Lol
    Hey mate, they're easy to remove. You can see a screw on the left side. Once that's our, push down on the tab next to it, should just pop out.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey mate, they're easy to remove. You can see a screw on the left side. Once that's our, push down on the tab next to it, should just pop out.

I just got mine from speedline from eBay.

Where do you splice the cable to receive the signal from the brakes and Parkers?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyACT View Post
    Run the wires through the grommits in the floor of the hatch. There is one on either side. It is easier to remove the side paneling insdie the hatch, but if you can get your hands down the access holes (one where the jack is and the other is below the hatch light, you can pull the wires up thorugh the grommit and attach the to the rear of the brake/parker lights. If no cables are coming through the grommits (on the drivers side I had cables going through it for the reverse parking sensors and my reverse camera) you will need to cut a small hole to pass the wires through. There is just enough wire to make it through to the lights.
    Right... I got it
    Did you solder it together or just splice and tape?

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I can't seem to get my reflectors out. The screw that seems to be holding it in place in flush up against the rear bumper support

Any clues??

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I removed the to allow the bumper to give a little but I just can't seem to be able to get a screw driver in between the bumper and the bumper support beam

The damn screw sits flush on the beam

I'm probably going to have remove my bumper, which I don't really want to do.

Thanks

Peter "SLIXX"

I can see what you did
    I might use a longer screwdriver as the short stubby ones handle was getting in the way of the beam

Take 2 tomorrow night

Peter "SLIXX"

Good Luck Peter!

Good Luck Peter!
    Thanks mate
    As I said the Mike, these pen-pusher hands are doing me no good

Persistence without breaking anything is my motto at the moment!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned