User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 "tugging" at steady throttle (65kmph+)

Post MPS6 "tugging" at steady throttle (65kmph+)

i just recently changed the factory airbox and intake pipe out for a COBB tuning aftermarket item.

now at steady throttle position, at 80kmph+ the car will "tugg". kinda like the throttle is being released then quickly reapplied. or a jerk prehaps. they tend to be consecutive. tug tug tug tug, kinda like someones pulling on a strechy rope on the front of the car.

i have since cleaned the MAF sensor (right after the airbox or pod filter now) but no relief. gave it a good spraying down on the wires and the IAT.

my mechanic is leaning towards spark plugs (im at 115000km and unknown cond) or o2 sensors (again unknown condition). one of my workmates has a honda jazz (1.3l twin spark N/A) that he says does a similar thing, and when he bashes the O2 sensors with a spanner, the car comes right again for 10000km lol.

i think its related to the airbox (be it the cause or is now upsetting something which is the cause) as it only started up a day or 2 afterwards.

my mad mechanic friend thinks the car may be leaning out at the steady throttle as its very noiceable when coasting downhill while releasing the throttle.

would it be worth cleaning or replacing the TPS too?

thanks for help everyone

Ice

I have the same problem but with stock air box. Mine surges when using the accelerator pedal but not on cruise control. Would love to know a solution

mine is a bit worse on cruise control. ESPECIALLY if it coasts downhill.

currently have negative terminal off battery in an attempt to force reset computer overnight.

Ice
    Last edited by IceValk85; 27-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Sounds like a leak somewhere in the intake stream post MAF. Check your BOV, BOV return pipes, boost solinoid lines, PCV to intake return pipes.

i fixed it up... reinstalled the factory airbox lol.

we werent sure where the leak could come from. one theory is the MAF couldnt handle the flow of the SRI and was having issues. not sure.

Ice

I know you cleaned the MAF, but did you clean the sensor' connector?

the pluggie bit that attaches to the ECU loom? that i didnt

Ice