User Tag List

Thread: Top Gear Australia racks up $200,000 in damaged vehicles.

Default Top Gear Australia racks up $200,000 in damaged vehicles.

Top Gear Australia racks up $200,000 in damaged vehicles.

8/12/2008 12:01:00 PM. LIVENEWS.com.au

The cost of the Australian version of Top Gear has blown a casket – with a repair bill of nearly $200,000 sending producers into a spin.

During the production of the series, Lamborghini sustained a $25,000 blow, and several Holden Astras copped $30,000 worth of damage.

Re-sprays, panel beating and body work was required on the damaged vehicles, and the repairs didn’t come cheap.

The cars were damaged during a sequence in the show where cars were used to play “lawn bowls”.

"We have no appetite for automotive Jackass," a spokesperson for one of the damaged brands told The Herald Sun.

"When they revisit series two, they will encounter a lot of shut doors," said another.

The Top Gear Australia series, which premiered in Australia late September, wasn’t received well critically, and was not a ratings winner – compared to its parent version in the U.K.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

some things you aussie do better than us pommes! trash stuff! hahaha

we actually drive them like they are designed for. We dont pussy foot around like you english

i read this.....

i bet the cars that the hand out to motor mag and wheels get thrashed a heck of a lot more... not being videoed or monitored all that much ????

and i bet the english show does the same... just more money to back them up i would say ?? or get them selves out of grief.. ?

Australia Top Gear was crap anyway.. should be canned... its a recycled English version with ****ty hosts..... should have taken there own angle .. or not bother...

Nevermind Guest

surely SBS would foot the bill of any damage?

tryhards!!!!

exactly! dont copy wot you aint! your aussies be aussies not english wanna bes! hahhaha

What a silly article i bet the english show trashed just as many cars! it just wasnt news

8. Default

Not only did they trash lots of cars in the UK, one of the hosts was almost killed.. The Aus TG was a bit soft tho....

It was worth the experiment, but they should have just got Clarkson, May and the Hamster over here to drive our cars!
    I know dames that watch the English version JUST TO SEE THOSE JOKERS!
    Champagne television!!

Nevermind Guest

The hosts certainly make the show what it is......

Alot of Non-car enthusiasts what the show