User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new SPEED-CAMERAs are on the roads, their strike rate is incredible!!

Default new SPEED-CAMERAs are on the roads, their strike rate is incredible!!

Video speed cameras - Today Tonight

New technology.. fast, efficient and unavoidable...
    “By the time you see it being operated by a person, you would have been detected - it's anywhere anytime,” Fogate said.
    In three hours, the very least this camera can make, at the lowest infringement rate, is $20,000 - that's $110 a minute.

im gonna hate this, even tho i haven't been caught by any speed camera before..

And its gonna be in QLD!! This is stupid... Its all about the money. Dispite having all these "technology" there are still gonna be accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    And its gonna be in QLD!! This is stupid... Its all about the money. Dispite having all these "technology" there are still gonna be accidents.
    They are going to spread to the whole Australia soon...
    It doesn't sounds like they are mainly aim to eliminate accidents but to generate $$$$, it's a great money making machine. $110 per minute
    Last edited by ryancn; 22-11-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post
    They are going to spread to the whole Australia soon...
    It doesn't sounds like they are mainly aim to eliminate accidents but to generate $$$$, it's a great money making machine. $110 per minute
    vic & SA said no

“There's been a war on speeding drivers in every state it’s been going on for years and the technology keeps getting better and this is the best there is,” Cadogan concluded.
    and it's not working... silly people....

i support speed cameras in school zones etc but you need great big signs saying "speed camera ahead, speed limit is xx"
    mobile units just scare your average driver into watching their speedo too much
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

A condiction of speed cameras and mobile, they have to be in plan sight. So they made it illigal for radars det. This is a law that the govenment has broken, who will stand up to this bullshit?! It will take all of us...............

People in this country are too f***ing apathetic, nothing will get done because 99% of them are brain-dead sheep that will lap up everything the media tells them.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    A condiction of speed cameras and mobile, they have to be in plan sight. So they made it illigal for radars det. This is a law that the govenment has broken, who will stand up to this bullshit?! It will take all of us...............
    I think radar detector is still can be used in WA. And it's the only state that still allows it?
    I still use it everyday Detected twice last week but I wasn't speeding anyway...

There are infra-red cameras that aren't picked up by radar detectors that they use here, not sure about the other states.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    There are infra-red cameras that aren't picked up by radar detectors that they use here, not sure about the other states.
    The new LIDAR systems use laser range finding as opposed to the RADAR ones we had previously. The flash is what's infra-red, not the camera itself.
    Some modern radar detectors can pick up the laser. AFAIK they are all banned here in WA now, or at least are pushing to ban them.

Or you could dodge the whole illegality argument by installing the right (legal) parking sensor that just happens to operate on the same 904nm spectrum as police LIDAR devices (Prolaser III etc)

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Or you could dodge the whole illegality argument by installing the right (legal) parking sensor that just happens to operate on the same 904nm spectrum as police LIDAR devices (Prolaser III etc)
    Please, go on....
    (since I backed over a rb30 gearbox on the weekend, I think installing parking sensors would do me good... kek)

Of all the crap driving I see on Perth roads, bugger all of it has to do with speed.

I see mothers leaning behind themselves while driving at 60-100kmh to attend to squalling offspring in child seats, folks having a three-course meal in the car even though they have only just left home at breakfast time, women primping their hair in the mirror, adjusted out of proper alignment for the purpose, even though they too have just left home 10 minutes ago, idiots who change lanes then indicate, clots who have no idea about how to circumnavigate a roundabout or merge, people who can't even keep their car in lane, folks running red lights.

If there was a camera for inattention and stupidity I'd welcome it. As it is, speed cameras attack the only driving parameter that can be measured remotely and quantified and which can be used to raise $$$ for a cash-strapped Govt.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    Please, go on....
    (since I backed over a rb30 gearbox on the weekend, I think installing parking sensors would do me good... kek)
    Ouch!!

Check out www.dontgetcaught.com.au

ALG9 Parking Sensors

Yes they are legal, so no issue with the link being posted

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Of all the crap driving I see on Perth roads, bugger all of it has to do with speed.

I see mothers leaning behind themselves while driving at 60-100kmh to attend to squalling offspring in child seats, folks having a three-course meal in the car even though they have only just left home at breakfast time, women primping their hair in the mirror, adjusted out of proper alignment for the purpose, even though they too have just left home 10 minutes ago, idiots who change lanes then indicate, clots who have no idea about how to circumnavigate a roundabout or merge, people who can't even keep their car in lane, folks running red lights.

If there was a camera for inattention and stupidity I'd welcome it. As it is, speed cameras attack the only driving parameter that can be measured remotely and quantified and which can be used to raise $$$ for a cash-strapped Govt.
    Well said sir, well said.

Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post

Dead right. Honestly if the PM came out and said we are puting an extra 2% tax on when you buy a new car or TV, DVD,computer would we mind (at least they would be upfront)? But this sneaking around think we are all dumb shits, saying speed cameras are safe and save more lives what bullshit..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Dead right. Honestly if the PM came out and said we are puting an extra 2% tax on when you buy a new car or TV, DVD,computer would we mind (at least they would be upfront)? But this sneaking around think we are all dumb shits, saying speed cameras are safe and save more lives what bullshit..
    they do (sort of...) save lives...
    the ethos of "speed kills" is that it assumes everyone is going to crash, and by going slower, they're less likely to be killed in said crash... this is a stupid way to look at solving the issue.

i remember reading a wheels article a few months back, think it was about Switzerland, they were hoping to cut the number of deaths down to 0, how? by working out what caused the accident, then taking measures to prevent that from happening again.

trying to stop accidents occuring >>> lowering severity of accident
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    they do (sort of...) save lives...
    the ethos of "speed kills" is that it assumes everyone is going to crash, and by going slower, they're less likely to be killed in said crash... this is a stupid way to look at solving the issue.

i remember reading a wheels article a few months back, think it was about Switzerland, they were hoping to cut the number of deaths down to 0, how? by working out what caused the accident, then taking measures to prevent that from happening again.

trying to stop accidents occuring >>> lowering severity of accident
    Slow drivers might be less likely to crash themselves... But then become obstacles for anyone who ISN'T driving slow...

I never come even close to getting rear ended when pulling into traffic... But every day I have to slam on the brakes to avoid running into people who either A) pulled out in front of me without enough space, and/or B) Did not jump on the gas to get up to speed, just expected that I would emergency brake for them...

And don't even start on the fwits that think you can safely merge onto a freeway at 80...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Speed doesnt kill mate, stupidity does..

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    The new LIDAR systems use laser range finding as opposed to the RADAR ones we had previously. The flash is what's infra-red, not the camera itself.
    Some modern radar detectors can pick up the laser. AFAIK they are all banned here in WA now, or at least are pushing to ban them.
    Oh no..are you sure radar detector has been banned in WA? shit.. i still use it brazenly everyday..
    anyway, my one is Bel sti, invisiable type, so i think i'd still use it even it's banned. but need to be located in a secret place

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Ouch!!

Check out www.dontgetcaught.com.au

ALG9 Parking Sensors

Yes they are legal, so no issue with the link being posted

are they operate like a laser jamer?
    these things are legal?

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post

do you mean in WA? i think my one picks up any mobile type speed cameras in WA.
    Poliscan (laser type camera), Laser Gun, Hidden Camera (those operate in a Van) and some older types of cameras, all pick up. but not the fixed interception one

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post
    are they operate like a laser jamer?
    these things are legal?
    Read the info in the link mate. It's not a jammer and activates no jamming codes
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast