User Tag List

Thread: Injector seals, my woes, and apparently Toyota to the rescue?

Default Injector seals, my woes, and apparently Toyota to the rescue?

G'day guys,

I've noticed a fuel leak, around the brass hard line that feeds into the injector rail. You can see the big patch of fuel here, it was bubbling out under pressure, making me think the O-rings here were broken (and I still believe that, I've ordered a big Worth seal kit that should sort that out)..

However when I pulled that alloy cover off the back of the rail, I've noticed a heap of fuel coming out from further along the rail (another dodgy picture attached)..

So I'm going to pull the intake manifold off again and take the injector rail off to do these seals. I'm not running a great deal of power - maybe 300whp at the most - and I'm not -all that keen- keen to spend the $250ish to post a CPE kit down here to Aus, if at all possible.. I have the impression from what I've read that OEM ones aren't really a cheap solution either.

So what do?

My question is, has anyone stumbled across this thread (Or is it buried in a discussion within the forum here already that the search didn't unbury for me?) that's been going for a while on MSF?

Injector seals solution. - Mazdaspeed Forums

Basically, here's the crux:
    There's a Toyota diesel injector crush seal that fits the mzr 2.3, and people seem to be having varying success with it.
    Considering these rings are around a few dollars each, I'm wondering if it's worth giving it a crack. Apparently the russians have been pushing 400hp+ through them.

Anyone here attempted this?

Cheers. Also, the car does still have that sponge thing inside the intake manifold, and my mate has mentioned that the second fuel mark -may- be the foam carrying fuel from the leaking o-ring at the head of the assembly. Likely? Or does this look like classic injector leak? (Sorry, no logs - took the car back off the road after installing the hpfp to take any)

Cheers guys
    MPS6

facebook says yes lol

But it said no to one guy for a job, then paid him $19 billion 5 years later.

Haaaaaaaa!!!

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Don't get your fuel sealing o-rings mixed up with your injector seat seals that seal from compression.