User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reedy's Engine Rebuild Bonanza!

That's on the right track but maybe a little bit too small.

This is exactly how I want to run my two OCC's. Currently, seeing as I don't have a Perm plate, I run the PCV setup as yours and I just run a line from the VC to the catch can and back to the TIP.........They both sit next to the gearbox as well, Long pipes but it still catches a lot of crap caused by the piston blow-by!

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Exactly. We aren't blessed with much extra room on the MPS. I have 2 cans which are both on the front of the gearbox. Setup like this

Excuse my quick mspaint sketch

Attachment 17253
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

4. Default

How's the new clutch?
    GL @ Winton!

New clutch is really nice. Good positive engagement and no slipping at all. It took a while but we finally got there.

New Clutch is finally working a treat, engine running beautifully. I had it re tuned (no extra power but a little bit more response)

Winton track day has been and gone. Went 2 seconds faster than last year which was a rather large improvement.

Couldn't be happier right now, the built engine is way smoother than the standard one. The Quaife is magic at the racetrack, this NPC clutch feels better than standard, it's smooth and quiet on the highway. Very happy with everything now, I can finally stop fussing over shit and just drive the sucker now.

Here is a video of my fastest lap at the Winton day, it differs a little from Natsoft as the start/finish points between Harrys lap timer and the Natsoft timer are different.
    Last edited by Reedy; 16-03-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Emptied my catch can last night. Fairly small amount of oil considering it had done a track day and 1500kms.

Now I just need one for my rocker cover breather to keep everything clean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnAbJAal.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	17263

Some Moar Video, this time of me Chasing Rob. His car is a lot faster in a straight line than mine.

Was that the first session?

Yes.

Damn, it's interesting watching the difference between rob and you...

You brake much later and harder than he does... Also carry much more corner speed...

Love the puffs of smoke as you hit the limiter on the lap after going past him

Was rob on "low power" tune? As there didn't seem to be as big a gap in power as I'd have expected...

Yea he would be mad to run his Dyno Queen tune at the racetrack heh.

That was from the first session of the day, so Rob was learning the track for most of that session. He got a lot quicker throughout the day!

Both cars are blowing massive puffs of smoke, particularly Rob's when he goes full throttle down any of the straights.

So in addition to the new engine that went in recently, I have also had the brake calipers rebuilt and this week had new front lower control arms fitted (ball joints were screwed) as well as rear camber bushings replaced (rear camber was so bad it chewed one of my tyres out) Apparently when they put it on the alignment machine they didn't even bother trying as all the attachment points were just hanging like sleeve of wizard. It was really noticable as well as there were quite a few clunks and thuds going on in both the front and rear ends so it's good to get that all tightened back up again.

Once that's all done I am having a wheel alignment, new tyres are going on the racing wheels this week so right now I basically have a whole new car. Oh and I also bought a set of Michelin PS3's recently for street driving and those have been very impressive.

Next up are probably wheel bearings and CV joints but as far as I know they are still ok.
    Last edited by Reedy; 28-04-2015 at 02:00 PM.

I can vouch for the PS3'S. I just got some on my ute and even in the wet the grip is impressive.

tbh the PS3's actually feel better than the AD08's on the street, they don't need to get hot before they start to grip really well.

It's good to keep hearing the positive feedback on the PS3s. I'm looking forward to fitting some in the coming months.

Ok a couple of updates, first of all, I installed a new Oil Catch Can on my valve cover breather as there was still a fair bit of shit getting into the intake at track days.

I also have a photo diary of how much shit has come out of my PCV catch can after each track day that I have done with the new engine.

Number 1 (Wakefield Park)

Number 2 (Winton)

Number 3 (Wakefield Park) - For some reason it caught HEAPS of shit at this particular day and I can't really figure out why.

Number 4 (Wakefield Park) - A lot less this time around, that one where it basically filled up was quite alarming but everything seems fine now.

Ok well I have had this valve cover catch can for the better part of a month now and still haven't caught a single drop of oil with it. I don't have any track days planned in the immediate future but that will be the ultimate test for it.

In the meantime I have embarked upon an AP tune with Stratified. So am rather keen to see how that turns out and compares with the Tunehouse ECUTEK one.

Am quite interested to see how your tune goes
    Not only the power output, but driveability as will...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast