User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS and RPM

Default MPS and RPM

Saw this Mazda3 2.3l Built Motor Dyno Tune 3rd Gear - YouTube

Ok I know its not a MPS but they do have the same piston and rod size simular crank only ours is stronger. I know the load will be different also running turbo.. Thoughts guys @LittleredMPS (steel crank for starters, all high rpm mzr are steel I have found) @MPS2NV @rayd @2XS @Oldhead @SarcasticOne @ledfootrob and every other mech minded person
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 08-11-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

the head is completely different , I've seen the cam's and they have this gay keyway and sensor modulation system implemented which is in no way transferable to the MPS head.

(im assuming the question was wether the cam's were compatible?)

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    the head is completely different , I've seen the cam's and they have this gay keyway and sensor modulation system implemented which is in no way transferable to the MPS head.

(im assuming the question was wether the cam's were compatible?)
    No no just open discussion . Have had talk to a few people about the 2.3 mzr and RPM had a lot of different feedback some feed back I trust some still had me thinking. So after finding this video, lets talk about it

I know most wont be interested but some maybe in getting higher in rpm. I can get my target I have set after talking/exchanging ideas to Jase and you.. BUT what about the unknown past the 7500-7800 rpm...... Hopefully I can put the idea into someone's head to have a go at it hehe

Found this Cosworth 2.3 Duratec I4 engine 280hp Problem fixed for a price hehe....

maybe you can find a combo you like here?
    http://cd3performance.com/Cosworth-23-Duratec-Camshaft

I dont think they are compatible though, the MZR cam's are different again to the duratec (i think the bottom ends are more or less identical though)
    Last edited by Rayd; 08-11-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Umm, how much rpm's does that 700hp 6 go to? I had a feeling it reved higher than stock..

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Umm, how much rpm's does that 700hp 6 go to? I had a feeling it reved higher than stock..
    7500rpm max that AP can allow at the moment

maybe you can find a combo you like here?
    2.0 & 2.3L Duratec - Ford - Camshafts

In particular maybe this:
    Ford Camshafts - 2.0 & 2.3L Duratec - Ford - Camshafts

Or the list here:
    Cosworth 2.3 Duratec Camshaft

I dont think they are compatible though, the mazda cam's are different again to the duratec (i think the bottom ends are more or less identical though)
    Not sure if they fit the DISI MZR so I sent email.

Hence why that's my limit atm.. I think from my old black bitch the ecutek can reach 8000rpm now MRT were good for something hehe....

Yeah, you'd want to contact them about it before pulling the trigger.

Also, I popped a second link to a MSF thread in there about custom cnc heads

And helloooooo:

Graveyard Motorsports Stage 3 Cylinder Head – Mazdaspeed3 MZR

Graveyard Motorsports Stage 4 Cylinder Head – Mazdaspeed3 MZR

Shopping for a Performance Rebuild for your project? Graveyard Motorsports has as you covered with our Stage 4 Racing Cylinder Heads. Our Stage 4 Heads offer everything of our Stage 3 Race Heads, accept we upgrade either Beehive or Dual Valve Springs, resulting in even more RPM range that will allow for even more of an extreme camshaft setup. Professional Cleaning, Inspection, Machining, and Assembly all Team Up to make our Stage 4 Racing Heads a great choice. Pick from all of our options on porting and part upgrades to build the exact cylinder head you want. Weather you are a racer, or a DIYer, our Stage 4 Race Heads will get your project back on the road fast. Simply contact a Graveyard Sales Rep to place your order, and choose between sending in your core for the build, or a core exchange.
    http://www.graveyardmotorsports.com/...%2099-7450.htm

^ And full engine builds. Nice.

EDit: Did some more reading on those cossie MZR cams - they aren't actually MZR cams, rather the random vendor being full of fail
    Last edited by MadAussie; 08-11-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    MPS6

Postage would kill ya.. Need local supplied

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Hence why that's my limit atm.. I think from my old black bitch the ecutek can reach 8000rpm now MRT were good for something hehe....
    Incorrect... Njspeed ran to 8000rpm on pump gas with ms3blackmica tuning him... Requires careful manipulation of the load axis
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If 8k isn't enough your prob playing with the wrong engine or your package is a dyno monster only. The mzr engine will prob need more development with bore and stroke dimensions, conrod length and all that shit. Tackling tuning of the direct injection and aux fueling after that may bring other issues up.

As far as the crank shaft goes you could suss a custom billet job but I think any problems that will arrise would be due to spun bearings or lack of stiffening in the crank main girdle area, remember also the mzr main bearings are not located with a "tang"! Maybe Dart want to develop a billet engine block...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Incorrect... Njspeed ran to 8000rpm on pump gas with ms3blackmica tuning him... Requires careful manipulation of the load axis
    Careful manipulation of load tables?
    the load tables only reach 7000rpm
    Spark advace tables end at 7000rpm
    boost tables end at 7500rpm

you can probably set your rev limiter to wherever you want but fact is at this current stage with the AP, load values/ spark advance @7000rpm wlll carry over to redline and boost values@7500rpm will carry over to redline

so theoretically you can have redline at 8000rpm+ but you have no fine control of it after 7500rpm, thats probably why its considered "careful"

There have been heaps of requests from MSF members and myself even to COBB to increase the table max RPM values so hopefully that will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    As far as the crank shaft goes you could suss a custom billet job but I think any problems that will arrise would be due to spun bearings or lack of stiffening in the crank main girdle area, remember also the mzr main bearings are not located with a "tang"! Maybe Dart want to develop a billet engine block...

The guys in the US are starting to key their crank to help with that issue, but i guess thats only one problem solved... tbh im not willing to guinea pig with this, thats why im sticking with stock head @ 7200rpm max

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast