User Tag List

Thread: Issues with Polaris 3035 GPS/LCD/DVD unit

Default Issues with Polaris 3035 GPS/LCD/DVD unit

Hi,

I've dropped one of the Polaris 3035 head units into my Gen 1 3-MPS.

6.5" LCD, DVD, GPS, bluetooth, iPod, AV in/out, USB, Reversing camera etc

http://www.polarisgps.com.au/

Not too bad, but a couple of questions for those who might also have them, or have done HU work.

1. Weirdly, the express up/down on the drivers window has stopped, I need to hold the button to make it move, not just tap it once.

2. I cannot for the life of me find where on the web I had seen the instructions to set the time on the standard LCD above the HU. I think it has something to do with the right hand knob on the Polaris.

3. Others report on various forums they get the reversing camera automatic when they select reverse. I obviously have the 6 speed manual. Is that an "auto" only feature? I noticed a cable unplugged under the centre console near the gear lever, which I suspect is for the auto selector. Is there a wire pair there I should tap the "reverse" lead on the Polaris harness into?

Overall, I don't mind the unit, and at the special run-out price of $595 with camera, not bad value for what you get.

Other Polaris people out there have some comments?

Cheers.

- To fix your auto window, just hold the button to wind it all the way down, when it stops at the bottom, hold the button in for a few seconds before releasing, then do the same procedure for resetting the auto up.

- Cant help you with the instructions, maybe give polaris a quick call.

-Usually an auto sensing reverse camera requires a 12v signal to tell the system its in reverse, (I would have expected this to be done by your installer, and would query this with them before attempting it yourself), I dont know the ins and outs of the polaris, but usually the best bet is to simply tap the reverse light wire, i.e reverse lights come on, the 12v signal closes the circuit, the system then automatically switches to reverse view mode.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks MattMPS3, that fixed the Window, I expect it might be a standard thing after disconnecting the battery or some such and someone would know.

As for the reversing, it was a DIY, and I hoped the reverse signal, like the steering controls was on the CAMBUS? line. Also it seems silly to run a wire from the rear tail lights wire, when it would surely originate at the front (gearbox or selector lever) and run to the back most likely inside the cabin, and so much simpler to tap into it as it goes past. I hoped someone might know which cable and which colour.

I'll keep trying to track down that forum that listed the vodoo to set the LCD clock.

I found the clock setting for the factory LCD. The Polaris can control it across the CAN Bus, like it does the media source message, frequency, and reads the steering controls.

When in the Polaris clock setup page, press and HOLD the "set" icon, and you will be setting the Mazda clock, not the Polaris clock.

CAN bus looks like fun for some hacking...

Madox.NET

Still hunting to find a wiring diagram to get the right colour wires. Might have to trace from the rear to the front. If I'm going to rip up the seats to trace, might put some deadening in too.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

I just didn't connect the wire 'cause I couldn't find it. (didn't look too hard though)

When I want it, I just select it from the menu.