User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Koni/Bilstein Shocks and Springs Group Buy!

Any update on ETA? Something solid from Bilstein yet?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Any update on ETA? Something solid from Bilstein yet?
    Nothing yet. We are hoping to get an ETA other than a general month next week.

Guessing still no update...... Would any Australian distributors currently be carrying the shocks?

4. Default

Guessing still no update...... Would any Australian distributors currently be carrying the shocks?
    Yeah I called last week and was told late march to early april and so I waited and then called again today and was told the same thing. Today the guy (different guy) told me they were getting in 15 sets in late march/early april.

It makes me sick to think how long this is taking. As always, if you guys want to cancel or change your order to something else, you are more than welcome. Just let me know.

Thanks for the update...

Argh. Well I need this stuff so I cant really cancel.

Hi @EdgeAutosport, any update on the ETA?

7. Default

Hi @EdgeAutosport, any update on the ETA?
    I will check again and get back to you.

8. Default

New ETA is first of May. And again, anyone who wants to cancel is more than welcome too.

Thanks. Can you please ask Bilstien why they think this is acceptable? In my job i deal with suppliers all the time and if they dont provide goods as promised there are ramifications (usually financial ones). I think we are coming up on a year here (or at least it feels like it).....there must be something that can be done.

Also, is there the possibility of getting these shocks from an Australian distributor?

10. Default

How much for a set of Bilstein B8s for MPS3 gen 1 including shipping cost?
    I assume the prices are in USD not converted to AUD yet?

Also curious if its not too late to join the group buy list
    Last edited by Martiz; 04-03-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks. Can you please ask Bilstien why they think this is acceptable? In my job i deal with suppliers all the time and if they dont provide goods as promised there are ramifications (usually financial ones). I think we are coming up on a year here (or at least it feels like it).....there must be something that can be done.

Also, is there the possibility of getting these shocks from an Australian distributor?
    I think you might find that a lot of places are struggling to get them and they might have to be made specifically for an order. They should still be able to get B6 (which don't have as short a stroke and are valved a little less firmly)

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    I think you might find that a lot of places are struggling to get them and they might have to be made specifically for an order. They should still be able to get B6 (which don't have as short a stroke and are valved a little less firmly)
    Hi Spoon, the issue i have is more that:

In August we were offered a great deal from Edge, who i presumed worked with Bilstein to ensure availability.
    The deal was done on the 12th September with Edge saying things would ideally be shipped next week - once again i presumed Bilstein was able to deliver at this stage, and that Edge had organised this with them.

It has been 6 months since the actual order has gone through......Which means at least 6 months Bilstein has had to manufacturer these....not counting a heads up that i presume they would have had from Edge.

And now we find out that it will be another 2 months till they are shipped (which might still be pushed out).

It doesnt take this long to make shocks, no matter how custom they are. Bilstein is a very large manafacturer who supply a wide range of passenger, commercial and industrial vehicles. We are not waiting on some guy in his garage to hunt around the local tip for metal, melt it down, forge it, obtain the lubricants and other parts, assemble and test the shocks, and then ride a bike to the local airport to post them.

And yes i could have got my $ back but as i have said, i NEED these shocks (and the springs!).

Also Bilstein should be compensating Edge for the delay, who should in turn compensate us who have been waiting.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Approx 6 months for them to supply shocks. Holy shit.

Good thing another local MPSer upgraded his (near new) B8s with coilovers and is willing to sell them.

14. Default

Like you said in another comment in this thread. Bilstein is a very large manufacturer and we do not have as much pull with them as you might think we do. It is a very unfortunately situation and I've voiced my concerns with several people at both the East and West coast bilstein offices. The problem is, relatively speaking, it is a small order for a

When we ordered these they were shown to be in stock. I don't know if it was an error in the system or if another company just beat us to the punch. I had no way of knowing that it would take this long to get these or I would have never offered the group buy. I do take personal responsibility for this as I should have called and confirmed before taking anybodies money. But we are definitely willing to give the money back for anyone who wants it. I know you need these and with the decline of the Australian Dollar, it makes it difficult because what you paid then was a lot less than what you'd pay now even if the USD amount was the same. Would you consider a set of coilovers or anything else? We can certainly get them to you much faster and what you paid is enough to cover ISC coilovers and maybe even the Ksports.

I don't know of anyone else who has them available, but if you find them somewhere you are more than welcome to cancel your order with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Martiz View Post
    How much for a set of Bilstein B8s for MPS3 gen 1 including shipping cost?
    I assume the prices are in USD not converted to AUD yet?

Also curious if its not too late to join the group buy list

You can join if you want but you will be in the same boat as everyone else with the apparently indefinite wait time. So I don't recommend it. However, when these are available again, I'll let you guys know. I recommend the Koni Yellows though if you are wanting to do shocks and springs. I can give you the group buy price with the Koni's if you want. They are available for the MPS3.

hey @EdgeAutosport, I'll keep waiting because I've waited this long already right? haha. I guess im just a bit frustrated thats all. Thanks for the response, I'm looking forward to May

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    Like you said in another comment in this thread. Bilstein is a very large manufacturer and we do not have as much pull with them as you might think we do. It is a very unfortunately situation and I've voiced my concerns with several people at both the East and West coast bilstein offices. The problem is, relatively speaking, it is a small order for a

When we ordered these they were shown to be in stock. I don't know if it was an error in the system or if another company just beat us to the punch. I had no way of knowing that it would take this long to get these or I would have never offered the group buy. I do take personal responsibility for this as I should have called and confirmed before taking anybodies money. But we are definitely willing to give the money back for anyone who wants it. I know you need these and with the decline of the Australian Dollar, it makes it difficult because what you paid then was a lot less than what you'd pay now even if the USD amount was the same. Would you consider a set of coilovers or anything else? We can certainly get them to you much faster and what you paid is enough to cover ISC coilovers and maybe even the Ksports.

I don't know of anyone else who has them available, but if you find them somewhere you are more than welcome to cancel your order with us.

You can join if you want but you will be in the same boat as everyone else with the apparently indefinite wait time. So I don't recommend it. However, when these are available again, I'll let you guys know. I recommend the Koni Yellows though if you are wanting to do shocks and springs. I can give you the group buy price with the Koni's if you want. They are available for the MPS3.
    I'm more then happy to wait until the bilstein b8's come in, put me down for b8 set for MPS3 gen 1

Much appreciated

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Martiz View Post
    I'm more then happy to wait until the bilstein b8's come in, put me down for b8 set for MPS3 gen 1

Much appreciated

PM me your shipping info and email and I'll send you the invoice. At this point there is no ETA though. I have no more faith in the ETA's that bilstein is giving me...

@EdgeAutosport.com I tried to get my hands on B8 and it took ages, as literally no one (including zee Germans) had anything in stock. I ended up changing my plans and went with B6 shocks (and even those were a total stuff around and I'm still waiting).

I suspect that they haven't manufactured any B8s in a while (at least for the 6). Might be Koni or coil overs for everyone

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    @EdgeAutosport.com I tried to get my hands on B8 and it took ages, as literally no one (including zee Germans) had anything in stock. I ended up changing my plans and went with B6 shocks (and even those were a total stuff around and I'm still waiting).

I suspect that they haven't manufactured any B8s in a while (at least for the 6). Might be Koni or coil overs for everyone

That is what I'm starting to think. Last I checked the koni's were in stock and we have several coilover options for the MPS6. A couple of them are in the same price range as what you guys have already paid too.

Hi guys, any update / confirmation to the may shipping date?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast