User Tag List

Thread: HTP Intakes at EdgeAutosport!

1. Default HTP Intakes at EdgeAutosport!

With the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6, turbo upgrades are becoming pretty common. And when upgrading your turbo, running a larger intake will help you get the most out of that upgrade. Not only can it help you get the most out of your upgraded turbo but it can also help you get more out of your factory K04.

HTP Intakes are a smooth one piece design that help to improve flow to the turbo with minimal restrictions. The optional air straightener will smooth out the air moving past the MAF sensor to make tuning more consistent and predictable.

There are several sizes available for you to choose from depending on how much power you are looking to go for.

The HTP 3" intake system is a good choice for stock turbo and smaller turbo upgrades like the BNR or the ATPGT/GTX28's and even the GT3071.

It is $260 for a complete intake system from the filter to the turbo and negates the need to buy a separate turbo inlet pipe.

The HTP 3.5" Intake System would be a good choice for anything GTX3071 or bigger.

It is $275 and it too is a complete intake system with no need for a turbo inlet pipe.

These intakes also come with the option to add a smaller 51r battery tray. The 3" intake system will fit with the stock battery tray and ECU with only the need to remove the lower ECU cover for proper fitment. The 3.5" intake system however does require significant modification to the factory battery box as well as ECU relocation. If you get it with the battery tray you would need to purchase a 51r battery but you still have a cleanly mounted battery with a nice ECU mount as well. This is recommended to be included with the 3.5" intake.

The 51r Battery Tray is $145 by itself.

The HTP 3.0" Intake system with 51r Battery Tray is $399

The HTP 3.5" Intake System with 51r Battery Tray is $414

Another thing to think about for you guys that are looking to start modding with an intake. If you know you are going to be wanting to go with a bigger turbo later on, you can install one of these intakes on the stock turbo and then when you upgrade, all you have to get is a different coupler and you are ready to go. Keep in mind that when going with a larger diameter intake, you will need to tune for it to compensate for the extra airflow.

We have these intakes in stock and ready to ship! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help!!

These 1 piece HTP intake are good but it's a shame HTP don't make a cold box to fit as my Cobb box does not go

I've got the 3" intake and the battery box. Great combo. Makes a stack of room between the ECU and TIP.

Only drama was that the battery box wasn't made for GENII ECU's. Not sure if that has been addressed. I made it work. So looks good now.

Highly recommend it, would be awesome with an Airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    These 1 piece HTP intake are good but it's a shame HTP don't make a cold box to fit as my Cobb box does not go
    I have one of the 3.5' coming. When i get it i will be working on a box, once i have a mold done up i can make them for anyone that wants one.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Would it work with the corksport box?

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Would it work with the corksport box?
    Depends in the length of the intake rob. If the pod sits at same point as the corksport would only need minor modding to fit.

I've been meeting to try the Corksport box. Still have it here from when I that the Stage 2 intake. Some cutting involved I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im using the corksport airbox with a htp 3" intake on a Gen II. The one piece intake wont work but if you get the separate htp 3" tip and 3" maf you can modify the airbox to fit.
    One day when I get around to it I might run a cold feed to it and seal it up a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    I have one of the 3.5' coming. When i get it i will be working on a box, once i have a mold done up i can make them for anyone that wants one.
    And for gen 1 as well?
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

And for gen 1 as well?
    It can be done

Thanks guys great info! @ledfootrob thanks for the pic too!

Default HTP Intakes at EdgeAutosport!

Anything will work with the CorkSport box if you have a dremel

15. Default

Yeah the dremel can make anything fit

No amount of dremeling or butchering will make those boxes fit ,with mine the 1 piece HTP sits up so high it nearly touches the inside of the bonnet and sits halfway in front of the gen 1 front air ducts.
    still a good intake but if they made a box I would buy in a second

No amount of dremeling or butchering will make those boxes fit ,with mine the 1 piece HTP sits up so high it nearly touches the inside of the bonnet and sits halfway in front of the gen 1 front air ducts.
    still a good intake but if they made a box I would buy in a second
    This is interesting to know! Was thinking HTP perhaps as a bigger intake but think I'll be getting the corksport 3" one :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC