User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: COBB AP FOR MPS!!!!!! Inside!

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Tru dat!!
    I'm installing it now

What's the difference between the Sure intake v1 and v2

I have a Sure Aeros and TIP but not sure when I finally get round to install them both, which tune to use ?

Peter "SLIXX"
    There were 2 different revisions of the SURE intake made. It's a version 2 if it has the word 'Aeros' laser etched on the MAF bit. If it's a brand new intake recently purchases from SURE it would be a V2.

So you'll be running Stage1+SUR2+TIH+98 I'd say.

I'd probably reset the ECU after doing the intake + TIP, then apply the MAP and let the trims settle for a bit of normal driving for a few days.

Then do some logs and log things like -

- HPFP Act. Press. (PSI)
    - Knock Retard
    - LTFT
    - STFT

other things are nice to log, RPM, vehicle speed.

Then do 3rd gear pull to see how the car handles the mods + MAP and check the values above. (ie knock close to zero, LTFT/STFT within +-8%, fuel pressure not less than 1400psi at Wide Open Throttle)

Let the fun begin

Edit: also have a read of the map notes. It outlines the MAP descriptions - https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...BASE_07_12.pdf
    Last edited by naasif; 13-08-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Nice Peter, I'm green with jealousy. You too Nassif, you're well on your way to stage 2!!

So just a curiosity, i'm collecting mine tomorrow from the post office lol but do i need to run a COBB downpipe for all their stage 2 maps? Cause i have a UR downpipe....

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Hmm... And Gen 2's built in 2009 are we suppose to be using a 2009 map or a 2010 map :S

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Wait... sorta found answer to my question above ... i'm nervous but excited at the same time hahaha
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

4. Default

Don't know if this has been covered, but is this NOT compatible with an 06 MPS 3? Please and thanks!

Yes it is, mines a 2006, loaded everything with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Don't know if this has been covered, but is this NOT compatible with an 06 MPS 3? Please and thanks!
    OMFG!!!
    Go here, learn...
    Electronics/Computer/ECU/Car Audio
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    Yes it is, mines a 2006, loaded everything with no problems
    This page doesn't show MAPS for 2006 ? AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

But given that it works...bonus ! I'd still check with Braden on the COBB forum though - Mazdaspeed3
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

So i assume you can run any aftermarket exhaust (dp, catback) doesn't have to be Cobb?

Eddie, these are the notes from Cobb's site, this the map I'm aiming for:

Stage2+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a COBB
    Downpipe with one high flow catalytic converter, a cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgraded
    intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~19psi peak boost pressure
    tapering down to ~17.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi.

I have a Best Mufflers DP, I'm not expecting any hassle from it.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    So i assume you can run any aftermarket exhaust (dp, catback) doesn't have to be Cobb?
    I wouldn't think it would have to be a COBB DP, even though the notes say COBB. I would assume any DP would work.

Stage2+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a COBB
    Downpipe with one high flow catalytic converter, a cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgraded
    intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~19psi peak boost pressure

here are the notes - https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...BASE_07_12.pdf

but maybe check with Branden on the COBB forums - Mazdaspeed3

They normally quick to respond.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Eddie, these are the notes from Cobb's site, this the map I'm aiming for:

I have a Best Mufflers DP, I'm not expecting any hassle from it.
    I was halfway through writing the same response

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    This page doesn't show MAPS for 2006 ? AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

But given that it works...bonus ! I'd still check with Braden on the COBB forum though - Mazdaspeed3
    Yeah, thanks for seeing the logic behind my question - don't think it was covered in the FAQ and if it was, I missed it.

Yea thanks guys. I did have a read of that note, was very useful! Thanks! Just curious thats all, i thought it was gonna be all good as well. I think i'll be running

Stage2+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230
    - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a COBBDownpipe with one high flow catalytic converter, a cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgradedintercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~19psi peak boost pressure
    tapering down to ~17.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Should be a very interesting weekend.....
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Yea thanks guys. I did have a read of that note, was very useful! Thanks! Just curious thats all, i thought it was gonna be all good as well. I think i'll be running

Stage2+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230
    - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a COBBDownpipe with one high flow catalytic converter, a cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgradedintercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel minimum. Boost Targets: ~19psi peak boost pressure
    tapering down to ~17.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Should be a very interesting weekend.....

Don't forget to do the logs first and keep an eye on knock, trims and fuel pressure .. just to be safe

DP = dp. It means the map was made on the Cobb dp. It will work with any dp but may be better with a custom tune. You will be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Yeah, thanks for seeing the logic behind my question - don't think it was covered in the FAQ and if it was, I missed it.
    The USA count their build dates different to us. You will be fine

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Doesn't matter, the maps are for 07-09, works fine with the 06 model. If there was any reason it wouldn't work then it won't flash the ECU because something's different. Can't see there being any difference between the years. Flashed mine, no problem, saved the stock map and loaded the Cobb one. I've got the stage 1 only because i don't have a DP and it hauls ass.
    I think that should answer it for you.

I should probably post this on Cobb forum but I'll see if you guys know....is it really a requirement to have TIH for the maps that say it?
    I have the other supported mods just not a TIH and don't plan on buying one anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    Doesn't matter, the maps are for 07-09, works fine with the 06 model. If there was any reason it wouldn't work then it won't flash the ECU because something's different. Can't see there being any difference between the years. Flashed mine, no problem, saved the stock map and loaded the Cobb one. I've got the stage 1 only because i don't have a DP and it hauls ass.
    I think that should answer it for you.
    Its not the DP that is the biggest requirement for STG2 - its the HPFP.
    I found STG1 to be a killjoy after the HT, but STG2 does haul.

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    I should probably post this on Cobb forum but I'll see if you guys know....is it really a requirement to have TIH for the maps that say it?
    I have the other supported mods just not a TIH and don't plan on buying one anytime soon
    Its recommended but you will be fine.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Its not the DP that is the biggest requirement for STG2 - its the HPFP.
    I found STG1 to be a killjoy after the HT, but STG2 does haul
    Stage 2 maps have that you have a DP installed, only thing im missing. I have all the other bolt ons
    Last edited by Devil MPS; 14-08-2012 at 12:35 PM.

So just curiosity, when u saved your stock map. Did it come up on your list?? Cause i seem to have lost mine after backing mine up cause i updated the AP.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast